watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What do you all think?

Started by ChesterTheTabby, August 08, 2020, 04:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

In order to strengthen enough before the PL but not to disrupt the team spirit or cohesion (as in Khan's Open Letter), I think we should do one of the following two:

1. Sign one defender, one midfielder (assuming we get Arter and Reed), and one striker even across the board.
2. Sign two defenders and one midfielder and push either AK or BDR permanently up front to partner Mitro.

In total only three new signings... perhaps four if we can do two defenders, one mid, one forward.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

hongkongfulham

I think we can all agree that a high quality center back is absolutely necessary and where a bulk of money should be spent.

Right back is a funny one as we could do with some quality but have Christie, Odoi, Sessegnon in the first team set up with Drameh and i guess Fossey hoping to make the next step. Im a big believer in trying to get our youth in to the side despite the inherent risks. Id be happy to start the season with Christie and Sessegnon (pushing to start) there, but understand if people shout me down on that.

In CM im happy provided Reed comes in, Arter also welcome but not vital.

I think we could do with a attacking player who is expecting to start and has done the business already in the top flight. Ryan Fraser seemed to fit the bill but I share peoples concerns regarding how we treated Bournemouth. Someone who most of us agree is better than knock, cav, Kebano though and allow them to rotate.

Up front, I think Kamara has earned having some faith put in him so MItro, AK and BDR can cover this assuming we play one up top.

In sum, i agree with you 2/3 of high quality is all we need in my book with maybe some experienced heads as squad filler

hongkongfulham

Andy S

I don't care who we sign but the new season starts with the players who got us there. If they don't produce the goods you look to improve

filham

Quote from: Andy S on August 08, 2020, 08:03:28 AM
I don't care who we sign but the new season starts with the players who got us there. If they don't produce the goods you look to improve
I would agree but the window could be shut in our face just as we realize we need to strengthen in particular places.
We should sign a couple of really good players, players who are a clear improvement on what we have, not just make weights.

We are all calling for a new centre back, we have been for years. Lets just stop and think for a moment. Right now we have Hector, Ream, Odoi, MLM and Mawson and our defense is performing well. Counting the final as a 0-0 draw after ninety minutes we have had a clean sheet in six of the twelve games since Lockdown, not much wrong there then and any change needs to be made with extreme care.

So who drops out to make way for the new centre back, and before anyone suggests Ream just think of his record this season, in particular I think he was ever present in that tight schedule after Lockdown.

clanky

I tend to agree and must learn from last time not to bring in too many players especially if untried.

My own thoughts would be to sign Arter but especially Reed

I was thinking we could grab Watkins up front .

At the back, how about a cheeky bid for Smalling.

He was out on loan last seson, knows the premiership well and could partner Hector at the back with Ream as back-up.

I love Ream to bits but feel he struglled last time and like the rest of us getting older

COYW

Tabby

I think the two top priorities (other than Reed) is a good CB partner for Hector and a versatile forward. Otherwise, some backup/competition for Bryan would be good. I'm not as concerned about RB as some are here, it could use an upgrade but there is at least depth there. Christie and Odoi didn't look great last time around, but then again neither did any of the other defenders.

hongkongfulham

I think RE Ream - he was good in the season we hot promoted too, but he seems to thrive when afforded a bit of space to run/play into. Having said that he nearly always harms a howler in that will get punished way more often in the top league.  Been a great player but he surely cant be relied on to start

filham

Quote from: clanky on August 08, 2020, 01:06:41 PM
I tend to agree and must learn from last time not to bring in too many players especially if untried.

My own thoughts would be to sign Arter but especially Reed

I was thinking we could grab Watkins up front .

I like the idea of Watkins and Smalling.
Before writing off Ream have a look at his record over the season, particularly over the 12 matches since Lockdown where it was thought we would have to rest players from time to time because of the intense schedule. I don't have figures to hand but I bet not many played more games than Ream.

At the back, how about a cheeky bid for Smalling.

He was out on loan last seson, knows the premiership well and could partner Hector at the back with Ream as back-up.

I love Ream to bits but feel he struglled last time and like the rest of us getting older

COYW

KingofCheese

Just a punt - Ross McCormack is on a free - how about bringing back the big fella for a season to help Mitro?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas