News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seri or Anguissa: Who would you rather have in the Prem?

Started by AnOldBrownie, August 08, 2020, 05:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Between the two players, which would you rather have on our squad this season?

Andre Frank Zambo Anguissa
102 (72.9%)
Jean Michael Seri
2 (1.4%)
Both
13 (9.3%)
Neither
23 (16.4%)

Total Members Voted: 140

AnOldBrownie

Putting this out there.

We know we're going to have ...

Josh, Tom, Harrison (hopefully) as probable starters in the midfield.

Stefjo, maybe Arter...and even BDR can play in the midfield if needed.

Personally, I'd like to keep Zambo...because if Harrison Reed get's hurt (and with the work rate required in the EPL he's going to suffer an injury) I rate Zambo defensively more than I do Stefjo, Arter or Seri.     Zambo also helps us in the air.

fulhamben

Anguissa all day. He walks straight into our first team.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

davew

Neither, they didn´t perform last time so why should they this time?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Woolly Mammoth

Neither, both milky and disinterested, sooner we can offload them the better.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: davew on August 08, 2020, 05:54:36 PM
Neither, they didn´t perform last time so why should they this time?

I think it's a bit harsh to say Anguissa didn't perform when he was with us last time.  Scott surely rated him.

There is a bunch of revisionist history going on.   Anguissa faded in the second half of games, but he was not poor for Fulham.  Definitely wasn't on the pitch when we lost to Oldham Athletic.

wheelerdeeler

Zambo any day of the week, and given he played basically every minute under Parker whereas Seri from memory only had one game because Cairney's son was being born- Parker would say the same.

If we had a Midfield Three of Reed, Zambo; Onomah going into next season I'd be more than happy. Most balanced midfield we could have in my opinion.

fulhamben

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on August 08, 2020, 06:19:59 PM
Zambo any day of the week, and given he played basically every minute under Parker whereas Seri from memory only had one game because Cairney's son was being born- Parker would say the same.

If we had a Midfield Three of Reed, Zambo; Onomah going into next season I'd be more than happy. Most balanced midfield we could have in my opinion.
you read my mind with that midfield trio. I'd be more than happy to go into the season with those 3 starting for us

Tabby

Seri seems to have completely lost his touch, didn't do well in Turkey either. Zambo Anguissa on the other hand was very impressive in Spain by all accounts on the other hand and Parker seems to rate him. Villareal seemingly can't cough up the asking price and I don't think he'll be sold for any less than he was bought for.

gang

Zambo for me, I thought he was just beginning to perform.

KJS

SuffolkWhite

Neither. Not up to the Prem and as team dynamics go would be a bad move. Flog em, and buy Reed or anyone that wants to play for the shirt.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Stoneleigh Loyalist

I would say neither because they were happy to leave.I do not see Zambo changing his attitude as the big name clubs will be more appealing to him

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on August 08, 2020, 06:59:59 PM
I would say neither because they were happy to leave.I do not see Zambo changing his attitude as the big name clubs will be more appealing to him

What attitude?  Have you read something somewhere?   Did it look like he didn't get on with Scott?

The OWNERS decided to loan him out.   The OWNERS decided that La Liga football was better for him last season.   

filham

Neither, Reed and Cairney have proved to be loyal and better for us over the last tough season. Lets cash in on Seri and Anguissa and use the money to buy one of those high scoring strikers from Brentford.

Whitestone

Anguissa is a quality player who has been getting great reviews in La Liga. Hope he comes back.

Some Fulham fans just haven't warmed to Frank and quite simply aren't prepared to give this guy a chance. They've made their mind up and that's that. It's worth considering that he was a 23 year old who took and job in a new country with a new language to learn. To expect him to hit the ground running in a team as dysfunctional as Fulham last season with all the change in personnel is unreasonable. On top of that he spent a lengthy time out injured only coming back towards the back end of the season by which time we were the whipping boys of the division. He put in some excellent performances which earned him MOM. It was becoming clear that he would be a major asset in the Championship and I and many others were disappointed that he went out on loan.

Earlier this season Josh Onomah came into the side and I thought here we go again. The boo boys were out for him early doors without giving him an inch to prove what an excellent player he obviously is.

If he comes back I really hope Anguissa gets the support he deserves and for that matter any new signings are given a fair chance from all supporters.

Statto

Amazed at some of the attitude comments. I can't recall either of them ever saying anything remotely indicative of a bad attitude.

YankeeJim

Seri is far too much of a light weight for English football'
Zambo? Possibly. Maybe keep him and if he doesn't perform, dump him in January. If we don't keep Reed, we'll need him. Arter will morp from being a liability in the Championship to a disaster in the Prem.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamben

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 08, 2020, 08:05:39 PM
Seri is far too much of a light weight for English football'
Zambo? Possibly. Maybe keep him and if he doesn't perform, dump him in January. If we don't keep Reed, we'll need him. Arter will morp from being a liability in the Championship to a disaster in the Prem.
we can't make the same mistake as last time though, zambo is not a defensive midfielder and what happens with reed should have no bearing on him

MrFFC

I think we will sell both but would like to see Zambo stay if he is committed I rate him. Seri we should sell
Come on you Whites!! :)