watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reminder - Premier League Fixtures to be released Tomorrow at 9.00AM

Started by rebel, August 19, 2020, 04:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim©

I'm rarely interested by fixtures, but I know many are and start wondering about 1st game etc.
The way I see it is that there are 19 other teams that we play home and away at some point.
This season (last 8 games, as many highlighted it as a nightmare finish) proved that if you're playing well, no matter the difficulty of the opposition or the run of games , you'll do ok.

PS i think Southampton at home.

rebel

Quote from: Jim© on August 19, 2020, 04:06:38 PM
I'm rarely interested by fixtures, but I know many are and start wondering about 1st game etc.
The way I see it is that there are 19 other teams that we play home and away at some point.
This season (last 8 games, as many highlighted it as a nightmare finish) proved that if you're playing well, no matter the difficulty of the opposition or the run of games , you'll do ok.

PS i think Southampton at home.

Interesting, I have high hopes, providing we play some football and not just keep ball.

Andy S

I normally look for 1st game who we have over Christmas and whether we are at home on boxing day and what sort of run in we have. This year is all pretty irrelevant until we are all allowed back in to grounds. The Championship don't come out until Friday I expect for Brentford it will be an anti climax.

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFCBadger

Steeeeeeeeeed

Hope we get Villa first and we thrash them 9-0 and they stay bottom all season.

And yes they are being released Tomorrow (Thursday) at 9am, according to the DM anyhow...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8643131/Premier-League-fixture-list-released-TOMORROW-9am.html

rebel

Quote from: Andy S on August 19, 2020, 04:20:17 PM
The release is Friday not tomorrow. I normally look for 1st game who we have over Christmas and whether we are at home on boxing day and what sort of run in we have. This year is all pretty irrelevant until we are all allowed back in to grounds

I got that from Newcastle's website.

filham

Can't wait to watch Fulham play again so I am hoping out first fixture will be a game likely to be selected for live TV.
Chelsea at the Bridge will do fine and if we go there and play Parker Ball for 90 minutes and bore the TV audience to tears but come away with a 0-0 draw I will be well pleased.
Not quite the right spirit I know but I need a sign that we are not facing another almost automatic relegation.

Arthur

To be pitted against our nearest neighbours on the opening day would certainly add extra spice to our return. However, I think Ch***ea is the one team that can definitely be discounted as our opponent on that weekend.

For a good number of years now, the protocol has been to avoid obviously contentious fixtures on the opening day. I think there hasn't been a Merseyside, Manchester or North London derby, for instance, to start the season in a long time. And though our playing Ch***ea isn't on a par with these for rivalry, I believe it is seen as sufficiently impassioned for the powers that be to declare it off-limits - unless, of course, the ongoing absence of spectators has led to a relaxation of this stipulation.