Statto

Rodak

New RB - Hector - New LCB - Bryan

Reed - Cairney

Onomah/Anguissa/New CM

Cavaleiro/Kebano/Kamara - Mitrovic - New LW

ChesterTheTabby

No wholesale changes, eh?

Too many swaps. Not good for cohesion or morale and a disservice to those who got us here. Three starting 11 changes maybe, but keep the Spine together.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

filham

We could do worse than start where we left off. New players  will need time to settle.

Rodak
                         Christie          Hector                  Ream          Bryan
                                                          Reed
                                             Onomah            Cairney

Kamara           Mitro                     Kebano

Milo

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2020, 01:08:43 PM
Rodak

Reed - Cairney

Onomah/Anguissa/New CM

I would be tempted to bring the RB straight in and leave Ream at LCB and bring the new LCB signing in gradually.

Two new signings across the back four might be too many new faces. We have been historically precarious at best in defence so caution best advised across our back four.

FulhamStu

I do get the need for continuity and certainly the need to bring in players that will gel with the current squad, who should mostly be restrained however, unless we add some serious upgrades, esp in defence we will just go straight back down again.  There are a fair few weaknesses that need to be addressed but building a side that is strong defensively should be a priority.     I think a lot of posters are being a bit naive if they think only a few minor changes will be enough.

FulhamStu

I should add, in the 11 I posted in the OP there are only 2 new players who have not played for us before.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 09, 2020, 02:15:20 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on August 09, 2020, 11:46:21 AM
—-——-———————Rodák————————
——-——-Hector—Christiansen—Kongolo—
Walker-Peters—Anguissa—Cairney——Bryan
——————————Onomah———————
——-——————Babel—-Mitro——————-

That would go down well in the dressing room I think not.

Pray tell how do you know that, I understood Parker liked Frank, so that suggests he is not a problem.  Pretty sure Bable is popular  with the players, as for the 2 other, do you know them then ?

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 09, 2020, 02:14:21 PM
I should add, in the 11 I posted in the OP there are only 2 new players who have not played for us before.

The changes you propose have to be for the better not the individuals you are suggesting. Too many and they have yet to earn it, and some will not, which will result in a fractured dressing room like the last disaster, and how are you going to explain to the players left out that those you suggest deserve it, if we are going to bring a new player in he has to better faster and mentally and physically tougher than the player they are replacing and at the same time improve moral.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FulhamStu

A number of players have talked about how we will bring in better quality players.  They are not stupid, bringing in say 4-5 new faces and keeping most of the squad is a lot less change than we have had in the past.

Mince n Tatties

Stannard
Herrera...Angus ..North...Pike
Morgan..Cusack.. Marshall.
Freeman..Conroy...Walker.😎

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 09, 2020, 02:22:10 PM
Stannard

Is that Private Pike from Dads Army, I did not know he was still playing. 
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

SuffolkWhite

Lets learn our lesson from last time, and maybe follow what Sheff Utd did. Team spirit is worth 10 points in a season alone imo and there are teams we would be able to beat .
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 09, 2020, 02:26:42 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 09, 2020, 02:22:10 PM
Stannard

Is that Private Pike from Dads Army, I did not know he was still playing. 

Yes that's him😀

FulhamStu

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 09, 2020, 02:21:26 PM
Quote from: FulhamStu on August 09, 2020, 02:14:21 PM

The changes you propose have to be for the better not the individuals you are suggesting. Too many and they have yet to earn it, and some will not, which will result in a fractured dressing room like the last disaster, and how are you going to explain to the players left out that those you suggest deserve it, if we are going to bring a new player in he has to better faster and mentally and physically tougher than the player they are replacing and at the same time improve moral.

One of the reasons for posting that 11 was to show how we could add quality in a few positions to become a very physically able side, something you need in the Premier League.  Of course we could change that starting 11 and have say Kamara in for Bable with Cav added for a centre back and go 4-3-3.   I have no idea who we will sign but i think we should recognise that we will need to add quality and this was just an example.   Your view may be those new players are not better than we have now, but if that's what you think, I will quietly just have to disagree.   It's all conjecture, but good fun neverthelesss.

Statto

Quote from: Milo on August 09, 2020, 01:12:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2020, 01:08:43 PM
Rodak

Reed - Cairney

Onomah/Anguissa/New CM

I would be tempted to bring the RB straight in and leave Ream at LCB and bring the new LCB signing in gradually.

Two new signings across the back four might be too many new faces. We have been historically precarious at best in defence so caution best advised across our back four.

Personally I think Ream is an absolute liability but I can see where you're coming from. I wouldn't mind seeing some big money signings just sat on the bench in September, October. Give the play-off heroes like Onomah and Kebano, and msgve even Christie or Odoi, the chance to stake their claim to a spot in the starting XI and make the new names work to get in. No repeat of the situation where someone like Seri comes straight in because of his reputation, despite having no experience of PL football.

Classic94

Keep the spine together:

Rodak
Bryan LCB Hector RB
Reed Zambo
LW Onomah Kamara/Cavaleiro/Kebano
Mitrovic

Unpopular opinion maybe, but not sure Cairney's starting material in the PL. Still has a role to play though. Same with Ream.

Whitestone

The existing squad did a great job getting us promoted and Scott Parker likewise. It's not rocket science to know that changes in personnel must be made if we are to have any chance of staying up. The skill is bringing in the right players with the the ability to play at the level. Players who will enhance the current squad and embrace the philosophy of Scott Parker. I'm certain though that we shouldn't start a new season with Tim Ream, Denis Odoi and Cyrus Christie as regular starters.  It's nothing personal against any of those players who have been great servants to the club but recent history has shown us that they are not good enough to step up on a regular basis.

bill taylors apprentice

I don't get the love in with Zambo.
He may look the part, but I've seen him fail to chase back, cover and be willing to put his body on the line and many other things the modern PL player has to do these days.
Unless Parker is able to change his natural inclination to choose when he makes an effort and stroll around he will be a liability.