watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa - And other transfer hopes

Started by smallfulhamman, August 12, 2020, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smallfulhamman

I know many don't care for the Cameroonian International but I think he'd be part of our best midfield three.

He's been employed as a box-to-box mid this season, playing at RCM predominantly this season.
His ability to retain the ball is impeccable given his size and ability (some of us noticed the flashes at this towards the end of the season last year).

His defensive nouse and current role is sitting in the half space between the middle of the pitch and the RB - As many of our fans don't rate Christie (under-valued IMO), he would provide the perfect defensive cover to help him out.

I think Zambo coming back and the current midfield would be fine without improvements, the links to Chambers also don't upset me as he'd be great cover for Reed. (Slightly unfair to use Calum as a back up given his POTY performance).

The issue here would be, my ideal three

Harrison Reed
Zambo            Onomah

I know leaving out the El Capitán is a bold claim but I don't think his pace and lack of a right foot suits the Prem. I hope to be proven wrong as the midfield master craftsman has really provided some of my greatest days supporting the whites in recent memory.

Seri I've given up on honestly. But I think Zambo and Chambers to sure up the mid. Ampadu, and another CB and Youssouff Sabaly for the backline.

My real intrigue is the attack, some of the players we've bought have proven class but haven't managed to show it last year. I feel most would agree that Cavaleiro has been underwhelming and Knockaert's end product needs to improve.

Very excited to see who comes in.

Coyw.

Bassey the warrior

I agree with that line up. Cairney will have his part to play as well, but that is a very dynamic midfield three, with Onomah and Zambo able to get up and down the pitch and Reed sitting deep.

Bocanegra

That trio does look great on paper and I think you can throw Cairney in for games that would be suited to him.

I'm over Chambers though. He obviously stood out in a poor team last time round but there is no urge from me to see him return.

rebel

Anguissa played his best games for us against Man City, in the league and cup. Three managers in a season didn't help him. If he is upto the 'pace' of the Prem, then yes. Players in the Prem were on him like 'lightening', the thinking time isn't there. The Spanish league is different to the Prem.

Lordedmundo

I wouldn't be adverse to Anguissa coming back - I assume that he been watched by Fulham scouts, so they are aware of his performance level in Spain (not just his stats and YouTube reel!)

He is big, strong and appears to have some pace- which is something we need all over the pitch. I'm less sold on Chambers, as I think we need a dedicated centre half rather than a utility player. At £12m does not represent good value. He is also recovering from a serious injury and I really think we can do without another Alfie Mawson scenario....

With Reed, Onomah, Anguissa and Cairney I think we have a good mix of central midfielders - with 2-3 of Johansen, KMac, Arter and Hendrick(?) as back up

Count Flapula

Fully agree that (a focused) Zambo / Reed / Josh / TC with either KMac or Stef supporting is a good engine room. I caveat that with so long as the current dressing room don't perceive Zambo as part of the problem "big time charlies" who came in last time and supposedly upset the balance / destroyed team spirit (whether that perception was fair or not / was actually the fault of the old guard sadly is irrelevant).

Also fully agree that while Chambers is a good player and would have been happy with him as an addition were it not for his injury (cruciate ligament if i'm not mistaken?).

As good as Callum was for us, I think spending that much of our money on a player with that type of injury could instead be invested on players in other , more important positions who are definitely fit / less of a heath gamble. Given the mistakes made last time / the current economic climate, we simply cannot afford to be gambling like that.

Bocanegra

Quote from: Count Flapula on August 12, 2020, 12:28:55 PM
Fully agree that (a focused) Zambo / Reed / Josh / TC with either KMac or Stef supporting is a good engine room. I caveat that with so long as the current dressing room don't perceive Zambo as part of the problem "big time charlies" who came in last time and supposedly upset the balance / destroyed team spirit (whether that perception was fair or not / was actually the fault of the old guard sadly is irrelevant).

Also fully agree that while Chambers is a good player and would have been happy with him as an addition were it not for his injury (cruciate ligament if i'm not mistaken?).

As good as Callum was for us, I think spending that much of our money on a player with that type of injury could instead be invested on players in other , more important positions who are definitely fit / less of a heath gamble. Given the mistakes made last time / the current economic climate, we simply cannot afford to be gambling like that.

To add to the negatives of a possible Chambers move along wtih what you said. I know he was on loan previously but for me it doesn't sit right with him coming back after the team have battled to get us back in prem. I think that would sit badly with current midfield.