watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Starting 11 for the Prem——-

Started by FulhamStu, August 09, 2020, 11:46:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moltobueno

The main reason we got relegated last time was because of a non-existing defense.
Compared to our last Premier League games, I have a feeling we will see totally different results with Michael Hector in the back.

He's our new Brede  049:gif

Classic94

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 09, 2020, 03:36:28 PM
I don't get the love in with Zambo.
He may look the part, but I've seen him fail to chase back, cover and be willing to put his body on the line and many other things the modern PL player has to do these days.
Unless Parker is able to change his natural inclination to choose when he makes an effort and stroll around he will be a liability.

I understand the concern and agree that he looked languid and uncaring at times for us, however, performances markedly improved under Parker. He's still young and could yet be a great asset if committed.

Whitestone

Quote from: bill taylors apprentice on August 09, 2020, 03:36:28 PM
I don't get the love in with Zambo.
He may look the part, but I've seen him fail to chase back, cover and be willing to put his body on the line and many other things the modern PL player has to do these days.
Unless Parker is able to change his natural inclination to choose when he makes an effort and stroll around he will be a liability.

In part I agree with you. The Anguissa you are describing is the one early season before his injury when he was new to the squad. Should we be surprised that a young player new to UK with all that entails didn't immediately set the world alight ? The Anguissa we saw post injury, particularly after Parker took over was a different player doing all the things you would want of a player in his position. He would be a major asset assuming he can fit straight back in.

wheelerdeeler

Couple of selections would depend on who we're playing first day, especially at Right-Wing, for example if we're playing Liverpool we'd have to go more defensive/with a more defensive mentality and that would be Knockaert but in general...

4-2-3-1
Rodak; New RB (Joakim Maehle), Hector, New LCB (Ethan Pinnock), Bryan; Anguissa, Reed; Knockaert/Cavaleiro/Kamara/Kebano, Onomah, Babel/Kebano; Mitrovic.

ALG01

All you lovers of fiction listen up

Any team with anguissa spells relegation. We can well do without lazy couldn't care less, won't track back, won't chase lost causes mecernaries.

He wa pathetic, using the word correctly.

A couple of less poor performances doesn't impress me.

The sooner we get rid permanently the better.

WindyCity

Quote from: Whitestone on August 09, 2020, 03:14:51 PM
The existing squad did a great job getting us promoted and Scott Parker likewise. It's not rocket science to know that changes in personnel must be made if we are to have any chance of staying up. The skill is bringing in the right players with the the ability to play at the level.

True that, and SP said as much during his post promo win press conference.  The last time up we did have a locker room problem with many of the players upset with their place in the squad.  Hopefully SP can control that and start players who have 'earned' that position.  Let's just not have a repeat of our last promotion team.  It's tough enough to win/stay up in the prem without having team squabbles.  COYW

WindyCity

Quote from: Moltobueno on August 09, 2020, 03:43:21 PM
The main reason we got relegated last time was because of a non-existing defense.
Compared to our last Premier League games, I have a feeling we will see totally different results with Michael Hector in the back.

Let's hope so, but Hector alone can't hold it together.  He/we will need at least two prem quality new additions to bolster the back line. 

AnOldBrownie

:005:

Well, we can all at least agree that we need a starting RB instead of Odoi or Christie no?

I'm ok with sending out the squad that recently lost to Leeds and see where we stand, then we go from there. (except the RB spot)

Bring in players to challenge existing starters...but see how the starters do. 

Kimbleman

I just have to say the lads that took us up deserve a crack at playing. If I were working (playing in this case) for an organisation that through my endeavours had helped land a £160m contract (the premiership) then I would be royally pissed off if my efforts were not recognised.
For squad harmony and cohesion any new additions we are likely to buy or loan (especially loan) have to be introduced on merit...by working hard on the training pitch with Parker and the coaches.
Most of us who witnessed the massive cock up last time of a team (I say that loosely as they were all practically strangers) newly promoted playing one of the opponents (C.Palace) we may have had a chance of beating just taken to the sword by them must have short memories.
A 'Team' runs best with understanding and spirit. I would be extremely unhappy if wholesale changes were made to our promotional line-up. No more than one, possibly two new faces play in the opening match (whoever that's against) and only then introduced as subs.
That's more or less how we did it under Tigana and it worked.

Whitestone

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 09, 2020, 05:44:04 PM

Well, we can all at least agree that we need a starting RB instead of Odoi or Christie no?

I'm ok with sending out the squad that recently lost to Leeds and see where we stand, then we go from there. (except the RB spot)

We 100% can't start a Premier League season with Tim Ream. He was out of his depth last time. It would be so wrong to go down that route again. The club must act fast and secure a quality partner for Hector. The position is critical to Premier League survival even at this early stage of preparation.

MrFFC

Would like to see a team of

Rodak

Sabaly       Hector     Tomori     Bryan

Reed    Anguissa

Knockeart         Onomah         Babel

Mitro

Subs - Bettinelli Kongolo Ream Cairney Kebano Cavaleiro Bobby
Come on you Whites!! :)

Statto

Quote from: Whitestone on August 09, 2020, 05:59:46 PM

We 100% can't start a Premier League season with Tim Ream. He was out of his depth last time. It would be so wrong to go down that route again. The club must act fast and secure a quality partner for Hector. The position is critical to Premier League survival even at this early stage of preparation.

+1

Tabby

A team can get by with a mediocre RB or LB, not so much with CB. If the center folds your whole defense is done for. This goes double for a Parker team since so much of the play goes through the CB's.

St. Andrews White

Quote from: MrFFC on August 09, 2020, 06:43:18 PM
Would like to see a team of

Rodak

Sabaly       Hector     Tomori     Bryan

Reed    Anguissa

Knockeart         Onomah         Babel

Mitro

Subs - Bettinelli Kongolo Ream Cairney Kebano Cavaleiro Bobby
Would love to see this

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

AnOldBrownie

Uhm...are we looking at a loan for Tomori?   He'd be a nice addition, but that'd mean he's going to miss our two games against Chelsea.

Deeping_white

Quote from: Statto on August 09, 2020, 06:47:37 PM
Quote from: Whitestone on August 09, 2020, 05:59:46 PM

+1

+2 - I know we've just been promoted but you can't afford to look through rose tinted spectacles if we want to stay up next season. Ream got torn a new one most weeks last time in the PL and that was coming off the back of the best 6 months of his career, form wise. This season he's shown himself to be inconsistent in the championship so how on earth do we expect him to cope against a whole different calibre of player?? I love him for his service to the club because he's been a big part of getting us up twice, however I want us to be more forward thinking as a club and replace him with someone younger and better ASAP, because I don't want us to be on the verge of breaking the goals conceded record again

Matt10

Rodak

*NEW-RB   Hector    Ream    Bryan

Reed      Cairney

Onomah

Kamara       Mitro          Kebano

-----
New RB - first choice for me, even though we're not linked, is Deandre Yedlin. Has the pace, good passing and experience in the PL is significant.
-----

I choose Ream because Hector-Ream combo has been untouched for a while. Why break what doesn't need fixing? Ream also has the highest passing % next to Cairney. In a possession based system like ours, again, why touch this?

Regarding the Ream of our last PL stint, doesn't matter. Contextually speaking, our entire team struggled then. Struggled to find an identity, struggled to build chemistry, struggled to adapt to not just to Slav's system, but Ranieri's as well.

Brawn

GK M Rodak

RB (new)
RCB M Hector
LCB (new)
LB J Bryan

RM A Knockaert
RCM H Reed
LCM A Anguissa
LM (preferably R Sessegnon, if not I Cavaleiro)

CAM J Onomah

ST A Mitrovic

4-4-1-1. Would not start Cairney, and we don't need wholesale changes.

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on August 10, 2020, 12:03:33 AM
New RB - first choice for me, even though we're not linked, is Deandre Yedlin. Has the pace, good passing and experience in the PL is significant.
-----

I choose Ream because Hector-Ream combo has been untouched for a while. Why break what doesn't need fixing?

Why sign a new RB then? If alternating between Odoi and Christie was good enough it get us promoted, it's obviously working well.

AnOldBrownie

Rodak

Yedlin           Hector                 Smalling           Bryan

Reed                    Cairney

RW                      Onomah                 Kebano/Cav

Mitro

I really like the idea of the back line having Michael Hector and Chris Smalling.    I also feel bad that, as an American I'd forgotten about DeAndre'.  Other than his pace though, I don't see him as that big an upgrade over Christie.   Pace and workrate.     I'm liking the Wolfsburg RB as well, but Deandre has EPL experience.

Still need to sign a right winger that is better than Knock...otherwise I start Anthony on the RW even though I think his timing with the other attacking players is off.

Unfortunately...Chris Smalling might cost 25 million just on his own.