watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The only real shame from last Tuesday night

Started by Riversider, August 09, 2020, 05:19:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

There wasnt a tv camera positioned directly behind the goal so that we could all really appreciate the Joe Bryan free kick,
Its almost unheard of for there to be no camera behind the goal, such a shame.

Andy S

Yes it's true and a great shame but it is a wonderful strike whatever angle you see it from

Motspur Park

Still love the and from the right centre of the pitch which captures gloriously the flight of the keeper as he dives when the ball hits the net. No matter how many times I watch it, it still makes me laugh.

bog

Yes and also when Knocheart's miss hit his pass to Cav right at the end when it could have ended 0-3.

092.gif   

filham

I have seen a still shot from behind the goal, the keeper is making a spectacular dive but is achieving no more than a pleasant wave as the ball is in the goal.

rebel

Quote from: bog on August 09, 2020, 08:34:39 AM
Yes and also when Knocheart's miss hit his pass to Cav right at the end when it could have ended 0-3.

092.gif   

Knockaert's lazy passes when he was subbed on, was the only 'downer', he kept giving the ball back to them, there was 'no' conviction behind the passes. There were serveral of them, it was like he had been on the pitch for 90 minutes. In his defence, maybe he was worried by it going to penalties.

Fernhurst

Quote from: bog on August 09, 2020, 08:34:39 AM

092.gif   

Yes, Captain. Still buzzing from last Tuesday and addicted to watching the extended highlights. Love the shot and emotional response of our tactician-in-chief as he celebrated his little plan had paid off.
Every time it reaches Knockies non pass I'm muttering "Now, now" when he should have played it.
Stilled thrilled my team will be competing with the best next season but agree with you 0-3 would have been so so sweet.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Riversider on August 09, 2020, 05:19:46 AM
There wasnt a tv camera positioned directly behind the goal so that we could all really appreciate the Joe Bryan free kick,

Totally agree, mentioned it at the time to my son whilst watching the game. The photo from behind the goal in the papers the following morning shows the keeper diving helplessly watching the ball go into the net and everyone on the edge of the area all open mouthed but no Joe Bryan, he was so near the touch line he wasn't in the photo! A wonderful goal, will live in the memory forever, just like the Dempsey goal against Juventus.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Riversider on August 09, 2020, 05:19:46 AM

I would love to have seen a view from opposite the main camera, i.e. roughly from behind Joe.  Being a near-post goal it would have looked even better from that angle.

ALG01

I noticed no camera behind the goal.

Was it typical third rate sky who totally  underwhelm me, or can't be bothered for lower leagues.

Bbc are a million times superior.