watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mawson

Started by Brawn, August 10, 2020, 12:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brawn

What do we do with Mawson now? He's spent two years being crocked and is now 3rd or 4th choice defender depending on what happens with Kongolo. I have a feeling that he, like Bettinelli, isn't a bad player but rather a good player out of form, so does he start in the PL alongside Hector, or do we cut our losses and sell?

fulhamben

If he can shake his injuries, Reckon he would be a good back up. It's alright saying sell him, but I doubt there would be many takers due to his last few years.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Statto

I've been more positive about him than most and still believe there's a good CB in there who could make a perfect partner for Hector. But with his injury track record, we cannot rely on him. If he can get fit in our pre-season, would like to see him as our 3rd choice CB.

AnOldBrownie

Like him WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY   more than MLM.    If we can't move him on... keep him as the first CB sub off the bench.

Really need a good young, fast CB beside Michael.   

rebel

We signed him with a injury, knowing he wasn't 100% fit, then he had the 'putting on boots accident'. I think there is something more too that.

Milo

Might as well keep him now. Money effectively gone. Hope he can turn things around and push for a starting place but I'm not convinced. Been very unlucky poor bloke with injuries etc.

hovewhite

Money wasted for a player!not sure he's any good at all ,plus soon as he's fit he's injured again .Get him fit sell him.

Maidstone Lee

I would send him out on loan this season or at least until January to get some first team games under his belt. Hardly played in recent months needs to get a bit of form together.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

snarks

We always played him as a RCB where he has been a LCB for Swansea. Whilst his fitness is the key, I'm not sure how well he fits in to Scott's possession based style. However if he can regain form and fitness he is a good player.

Tabby

Only problem I have with him is his persistent injuries. And because of the same persistent injuries, I doubt any team would buy him for more than peanuts.

Also think people need to let go of Kongolo, he hasn't been with the team since early February.

General

He spent 2 years at Swansea and played 65 games or so and scored 6 goals.. in the two years he's been with us he's played around 20 games less and obviously hasn't scored.

I worry about players who are OK not starting and just sitting on the bench. He's been fit for more of this season than people may realise. I don't feel I've seen enough of him to comment on his ability and qualities and whilst I know he came with a good reputation and hype and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, it bugs me that if he were as good as what I've read over the years, why he's not starting over supposedly lesser players in the championship.

Bocanegra

Little point selling now for me.

He is a home grown asset that we will unlikely be able to get more than 5m for due to injury record. There is still the possibility that he battles his way back into the squad and shows the form that made us buy him.

Possibly a loan in January to a championship club if everything suits with us.

Woolly Mammoth

I would keep him, there is a good centre back in their somewhere if he can overcome a rotten spell of injury problems.
It will be like signing a new player if he gets the chance, and he will not need time to settle in, unlike many which seems to effect a lot of light weights these days when they sign which I suppose is an excuse for not being good enough in the first place, so he already knows the club/ manager/ players inside out, no worries.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rebel

There is always a way back for players, so there is always a chance he will get an opportunity. But he's got a 'tag', lets hope he proves us wrong. He needs game time, without the 'injures', to get into some form.

filham

Think back to that intensive 12 match post Lockdown schedule, including the 120 minute final, where we thought Ream would need a break or two.
I think I am right in saying that Ream played every match but Mawson failed to get off the bench. (Please correct me if I have not got that right).
Difficult to see how Mawson is now going to make a come back in the Premier league.

Twig

For me he's a bit of an enigma. Is he a sick note? Is he better at RCB or LCB? Does he have Prem ability? Can he fit into a possession based system? Just too many questions.

On balance I'd say may as well keep him and get him 110% fit then see if we have a talented player or not. If we do, great, if not then consider selling.

ron

Sell off. Recoup what we can. The Prem is the last place to have any player with 'ifs and buts'. All playing staff should be available without continual injuries or form problems.

filham

Quote from: ron on August 10, 2020, 01:01:53 PM
Sell off. Recoup what we can. The Prem is the last place to have any player with 'ifs and buts'. All playing staff should be available without continual injuries or form problems.
So right. I think we have shown this season that we are a team without stars where every player pull their weight. There will be no room in the Premier League for anyone who is not 100% fit.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: ron on August 10, 2020, 01:01:53 PM

I would do this too ....

rebel

Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 11:00:59 AM
Think back to that intensive 12 match post Lockdown schedule, including the 120 minute final, where we thought Ream would need a break or two.
I think I am right in saying that Ream played every match but Mawson failed to get off the bench. (Please correct me if I have not got that right).
Difficult to see how Mawson is now going to make a come back in the Premier league.

All things are possible in football, who would of thought a Bryan double would get us to the Prem in the Play Off Final?

A Mawson comeback is more likely then that.