watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

When the crowds return

Started by Peabody, August 10, 2020, 12:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

Supposedly, the gates will open in Oct. It will obviously still have to observe Social Distancing, so it will be restricted entry.

So, what in your opinions and the club, will be the best way to work this?

filham

Leave out the over sixties and others who were shielding and most at risk but make the match available to them on FFCtv

Hurts me to say that as I really want to get back to the Cottage but I am going to have think carefully before being one of a crowd of 17,000.

However, I think it will be a longtime before the government is going to allow fans at matches and the club should now be planning for pay per view on FFCtv.
d

Statto

90% of covid-19 measures seem pointless to me. In my local gym, any reduction of transmission achieved from half-arsed attempts to wipe down equipment is clearly offset by transmission on the anti-bacterial spray bottle which everyone passes around without cleaning. Any benefit from wearing a mask is offset by me touching my face to remove it or adjust it. At football you have the subs sitting three seats apart with masks on, then all dancing around in the changing rooms together later. It's a bloody joke really. If we're invited back to football on the basis that we wear a mask, social distance etc, then sorry but I'd rather not go than engage in that silliness. I'll just wait until we get a vaccine and/or harden up, and go back to full attendances and normality. 3-6 months from now IMO. 

General

Season tickets minus at risk and over 60s I imagine. Every other seat, or every two seats.. depending on size of group. Maybe interspersed across rows so no one is on top of anyone else.

We've only got the three stands so imagine it'll be something pretty shorthand in terms of full capacity.

KJS

Why penalise people over 60 when it's the 20 to 30 year olds that are taking it lightly by doing what they feel like without any concerns for anyone but themselves??

The Cravenette

Quote from: KJS on August 10, 2020, 01:08:15 PM
Why penalise people over 60 when it's the 20 to 30 year olds that are taking it lightly by doing what they feel like without any concerns for anyone but themselves??

Good point.  I think the Club will probably have to do some kind of poll with the current ST holders to see who would be interested in attending to gauge numbers initially.

Statto

Cuts both ways surely. Some would say why penalise 20 to 30 year olds and stop them getting on with their lives, enjoying themselves and driving the economy that the rest of us live off, when it's only the over 60s who really have to worry about the virus?

Lewi

I hope the club would not penalise anyone who does not renew their season ticket for the upcoming season (if tickets available) due to Covid 19, restrictions and shielding.
When I say penalise I'm meaning not having to join a waiting list or losing your actual seat when it's safe to go back.
I would hope that we could have options which could be
1) Renew seat and go to games - this may mean you don't get to sit in your own seat due to distancing rules. Depends on numbers that would take up this option they may have to do a ballot to see who gets a ticket.
2) Renew seat but it's a TV ticket
3) Reserve your seat until it's safe to go back

I imagine there are ongoing talks about this.

ex-Pat

Quote from: General on August 10, 2020, 01:02:13 PM
Season tickets minus at risk and over 60s I imagine. Every other seat, or every two seats.. depending on size of group. Maybe interspersed across rows so no one is on top of anyone else.

We've only got the three stands so imagine it'll be something pretty shorthand in terms of full capacity.

Hope your'e not in the decision making,sounds like a controlling statement.

MikeTheCubed

I understand how that kind of behaviour may appear selfish & ignorant but from an outside-the-box standpoint I think we'd be a lot closer to the end of this ordeal if every healthy person below the age of 40 had been infected. This would account for approximately ~50% of the population which is more or less the critical threshold in which the virus would -theoretically- become difficult to propagate. The same kind of logic applies to when a controlled burn is used to prevent the spread of a forest fire.

Andy S

You cannot generalise I have been tested and have antibodies. I am 68 with diabetes and I'm over weight. The only illness I've had was around the time lockdown started and I never stopped doing anything. The only symptoms were I felt tired for a few days. But I have recovered and I'm happy to wear a mask. This is where the whole thing is stupid. We should already be opening the grounds in the lower leagues with masks and small gates to see what happens with recommendations ie Ill in previous week stay at home. If you become ill contact your club. This government are too frightened to try things

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Statto on August 10, 2020, 01:17:09 PM

Cuts both ways surely. Some would say why penalise 20 to 30 year olds and stop them getting on with their lives, enjoying themselves and driving the economy that the rest of us live off, when it's only the over 60s who really have to worry about the virus?

Not all of rest of us live off the 20 to 30s, in fact it's more like they live off us. I am over the dreaded age of 60, in fact I am over 70 and I still work.
There are plenty of 20 to 30 year olds that do not want to work claim benefits and still want to enjoy themselves at others expense without lifting a finger to inprove the economy because they couldn't care less.
So I am one over 60 year old that has not abused the lockdown rules etc and I am as fit and as strong as any man or woman I know. It's the obese and the vulnerable that have to be careful.
So you cannot put people into sections, one of my  neighbours is 30 years younger than me, but because of his life style looks as though he is ready to be nailed down in a coffin.
Mind you he told me he had a hard paper round, it was all up hill. Nevertheless, he burnt the candle at both ends and it wouldn't take much to finish him off and is young enough to be my son, so age is just a number for a lot of people, but the faceless woke beaurocrats will move the goalposts to suit their hidden agendas.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

There are some ageist comments on here which I really don't get. I'm sure it will be left to individuals to make their own mind up about attending games when stadiums re-open ? In the first instance clubs need to determine how many fans will be allowed in and then come up with a system that is fair to all, particularly if demand is greater than capacity which it undoubtedly will be in the top two divisions.

Stevieboy

I read that Millwall were making plans for reintroducing fans in October but can only accommodate @6,000 of their 20,000 capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: filham on August 10, 2020, 12:52:57 PM
Leave out the over sixties and others who were shielding and most at risk but make the match available to them on FFCtv

Hurts me to say that as I really want to get back to the Cottage but I am going to have think carefully before being one of a crowd of 17,000.

However, I think it will be a longtime before the government is going to allow fans at matches and the club should now be planning for pay per view on FFCtv.
d
Well that probably reduces our core attendance by at least 50%!  :dft012:   
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Sgt Fulham

Its okay, they'll be working until they are 90 thanks to the handling of this country by those in their later years. You win some, you lose some.

john dempsey

Mandatory to bring your birth certificate prove your age.
plus set of scales to prove you are not obese.
to pick up on Statto's point re. adjusting face masks watched interviews
yesterday with F.1. drivers and without fail every one of them kept touching their mask .

Peabody

As an over 80 year old, I can fully understand restricting on an age basis, especially as we will be entering the winter period and Craven Cottage is wide open to the elements. My concern is would that take us of the Season ticket register, for when things get better

filham

A problem indeed and any answer is not going to keep everyone happy.

I imagine the government will lay down guide lines and clubs will have to firm up on details.

Southcoastffc

Quote from: Peabody on August 10, 2020, 03:35:20 PM
As an over 80 year old, I can fully understand restricting on an age basis, especially as we will be entering the winter period and Craven Cottage is wide open to the elements. My concern is would that take us of the Season ticket register, for when things get better
Let the legal challenges begin!   I'm 70 (tomorrow, thanks in advance for the congrats  :dft012:), cycle 10/12 miles 5 times a week, regularly do paddle boarding, golf and racket sports all to a reasonable standard, I have skid each winter for about 50 years. I weigh 71kg (11 st 3 in old money) and am fit as a flea, with no health issues.  I'm not meekly giving up my season ticket because I'm what someone else deems 'old' or 'vulnerable'.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.