watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Old Sod's Army-Assaulting refs

Started by bog, August 14, 2020, 03:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bog

Anyone read about that parks referee who was in charge of a friendly and sent off a player who promptly attacked him. He was going to press charges until he was told that if he did, the player he had sent off may lose his job. This cos he had just qualified as a teacher. Who told him not to press charges? The Police.

It is idiots like this thug who are making young refs pack it in. Top refs used to retire at 47. Now many are still at it in their 50's cos more aint coming through. If we aint got refs we aint got games. 

092.gif

SuffolkWhite

It'l all be done by computer at some point in the future and some sort of VAR.....mind you by then we will be just watching holograms.

Refed a game once and was lino several times as per Sunday league, always got stick.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jamie88

Not everyone who watches/plays football is a moron, but every moron watches/plays football. That's how I see the game now. As long as the Earth spins there will be knuckle-dragging idiots wanting to hurl abuse at strangers for there own pleasure. i can't understand the vitriol some people have for referees - even if they are crap at their job, 1) it's incredibly tough to do well, and 2) they aren't crap deliberately!

filham

Remember refs make mistakes which simply shows they are human.
As bog said without them we haven't got a match to watch

bog

I was involved for far to many years with parks football freezing certain parts off on wonky touchlines. But I would not have players getting at refs. If they did they were out. Of course refs make mistakes just get on with it.   In the pro game so far VAR has not been the answer. A bit of decorum and understanding would help. Diving is the biggest disgrace. Oh how they scream as they hit the muddy deck.

092.gif