watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

New kit launch date

Started by Riversider, August 14, 2020, 08:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riversider

Sept 11th, yep one day before the season starts, last season's red away shirt will be the new third kit.

fulhamben

If true, we must be really struggling to get a first team sponsor
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Benny

Always the last to release our new kit.........really is poo by the club when the other teams seem to play the last game of the season before for fans to see and decide. I wanted the new one a few seasons back for me and my boy for holiday which was the end of August......no chance

Classic94

Not overly bothered but, as a marketing person myself, I really don't see the logic in this.

fulhamben

Quote from: Classic94 on August 14, 2020, 08:21:18 PM
Not overly bothered but, as a marketing person myself, I really don't see the logic in this.
like I said, unless anyone knows anything different, then we don't have a first team sponsor. We are never going to show a kit without a sponsor on it

Mince n Tatties

I'd rather have a plain shirt without some company logo sprawled across it.

Buffalo76

Quote from: Benny on August 14, 2020, 08:17:45 PM
Always the last to release our new kit.........really is poo by the club when the other teams seem to play the last game of the season before for fans to see and decide. I wanted the new one a few seasons back for me and my boy for holiday which was the end of August......no chance

0001.jpeg

fulhamben

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 14, 2020, 08:44:13 PM
me too, doubt the money men would agree though

Whitestone

Quote from: fulhamben on August 14, 2020, 08:17:45 PM

Probably not. It happens every year at Fulham. We're always as good as dammit last to release new kit details. Commercially it doesn't make sense but that's the way it is.

colham

Can't imagine its because Adidas are farting around with the design.  My assumption is that they're hammering out the new sponsorship deal and its not been agreed yet.

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitestone on August 14, 2020, 09:05:05 PM

Probably not. It happens every year at Fulham. We're always as good as dammit last to release new kit details. Commercially it doesn't make sense but that's the way it is.
not normally that late though, last time it was that late was when we did a last minute deal with boat Florida

Whitestone

Quote from: fulhamben on August 14, 2020, 09:08:52 PM

not normally that late though, last time it was that late was when we did a last minute deal with boat Florida

Agree, we're not normally the night before ! Maybe COVID-19, the play-offs and simply trying to get the best deal in the current climate have played a part.

Benny

They could still release the kit to the media for viewing but don't
That's the excuse every season that it's a sponsor issue or trouble........A prem London club having trouble with a sponsor...really?

fulhamben

Quote from: Whitestone on August 14, 2020, 09:12:38 PM

Agree, we're not normally the night before ! Maybe COVID-19, the play-offs and simply trying to get the best deal in the current climate have played a part.
yep, would imagine that throwing money at sponsoring someone is the last thing on the agenda on this climate.

Nero

Quote from: Whitestone on August 14, 2020, 09:12:38 PM

Can understand with the delay season finished late. More money being in the premier league more sponsors interested getting the best deal for the club in the limited time available

ffcwickford

I would like Fulham to set a precedent here against betting and alcohol advertising and do what Barcelona did a few years back - they chose Unicef, as they had never previously had sponsors on their shirts - and choose Trussell Trust (feeding those who are struggling to feed themselves and that it is only going to get worse when 'furlough' ends) or Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) and make a financial donation to the charity! Making money by selling sponsorship is all well and good but sometimes altruism is 'good for the soul'

ScalleysDad

Quote from: ffcwickford on August 14, 2020, 09:33:53 PM
I would like Fulham to set a precedent here against betting and alcohol advertising and do what Barcelona did a few years back - they chose Unicef, as they had never previously had sponsors on their shirts - and choose Trussell Trust (feeding those who are struggling to feed themselves and that it is only going to get worse when 'furlough' ends) or Charities Aid Foundation (CAF) and make a financial donation to the charity! Making money by selling sponsorship is all well and good but sometimes altruism is 'good for the soul'

Well said............ although at the moment Barca might struggle to lead the way in anything. I don't know anything about the finances involved with any would be sponsor but it would be a bit of a coup if Khan looked in his spare change jar and said "sod it, no logos this year"

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 14, 2020, 08:44:13 PM

One of the few things my American football has done right.   

I hate the Chevrolet logo on ManUtd's kit.

WhiteJC

Normally the shirt design is finalised around November(ish) so it must be down to sponsorship?

my guess is that due to the extended season, even longer for the teams involved in the play-offs, and the uncertainty of promotion the shirt "main" sponsor as well as the "sleeve" sponsor deals as the cause for the delay.

Sponsorship for us as a Championship club would cost far less than as a Premiership club and with all the "belt-tightening" that's likely to be happening over the next few months I'm not so sure there are too many companies queuing-up to throw money at us?

Any sponsor will also take into account what happened to us last time, we didn't exactly cover ourselves in glory did we?, therefor any potential sponsor will think long and hard about the lack of kudos potentially waiting for them. If we manage to say up next season the sponsorship would surely be easier for us to get as we'd be "less of a risk"?

Also most of our sponsorship deals have been more than one season, with the exception of Visit Florida which was a very "last minute" deal I'm sure that the club have been talking to a limited number of suitors with a number of costs depending on how long a deal, what league we're in, how successful a season, more money for higher position? and all sorts of stuff we probably couldn't think of.

Having said all that we (the club) surely must know who the main sponsor is by now, apart from anything else the shirts have to be made and I'm guessing that isn't an instant job.

hongkongfulham

To play devils advocate I actually quite like the kits having sponsors as it gives a nice bit of nostalgia that is instantly recognisable.

I like to recall the Demon Internet days, Pizza hut days etc