News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would Wilson and Mitro compliment one another?

Started by General, August 21, 2020, 10:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

I have to admit to taking my eye off the premier league ball in the years we've not been in it but obviously Wilson is a player who makes headlines for his goalscoring exploits. Naively I have an idea of him and his playing style as similar to that of Troy deeney, but that's just a gut feeling.

What type of player is he and does he compliment Mitro or is he more like for like and would their styles clash?

Bassey the warrior

He's not like Deeney at all. Firstly he's not great in the air, secondly he plays off the last man rather than holding up the ball.

He could definitely compliment Mitro, it would be a bit like the Zamora-AJ combo. However, I'm not sure we have the midfield to play 4-4-2. We'd get overrun. We could play 5-3-2, or 5-1-2-2. Attacking wing backs.

The Cravenette

I think they would too, but fear they would only be playing together as a top 2 if we were chasing a game with 20 mins or so to go.  Hardly anyone seems to play 442 anymore and I can't see Parker changing.  However, I do think we need another striker, different from Mitro , who would compliment him when needed but could also hold his own in a 3 when/if Mitro is not available or needs a rest. 

Bringing in a quality forward who would be prepared to play second fiddle to Mitro is going to be difficult.

PaulJ123

Still think a 352/532 could be the way forward for us.

Rodak
Cash Hector Mawson/Pique Kongolo Bryan
Cairney Reed Onomah
Wilson Mitro

Looks good and solves our issues of underperforming wingers!

The Cravenette

Quote from: PaulJ123 on August 21, 2020, 10:23:39 AM
Still think a 352/532 could be the way forward for us.

Rodak
Cash Hector Mawson/Pique Kongolo Bryan
Cairney Reed Onomah
Wilson Mitro

Looks good and solves our issues of underperforming wingers!

We would probably have a bench full of them though with that starting 11!!

filham

Parker may have to change things to included another goalscorer. Last season we struggled to score goals, if things don't change we will be facing a serious premier league goal drought before the end of October.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0
1-0

Then get adventurous after 10- 12 games
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on August 21, 2020, 11:48:39 AM
Parker may have to change things to included another goalscorer. Last season we struggled to score goals, if things don't change we will be facing a serious premier league goal drought before the end of October.

Agree. We can't rely on Mitro getting another 26 goals.

Jim©

I overheard Wilson say that he liked Mitro's tattoos if that counts as a compliment.

Arthur

Quote from: Jim© on August 21, 2020, 02:27:18 PM
I overheard Wilson say that he liked Mitro's tattoos if that counts as a compliment.

Like it.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Jim© on August 21, 2020, 02:27:18 PM

So they can compliment each other, question is they can complement each other?