more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Harrison Reed Terms

Started by The Rock, August 24, 2020, 11:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Where is Reed?

TK wants him and was, suddenly, unsure in his interview he could secure him. A step in the right direction for the bosses kid.

It's seems like a loan deal with the option to sign wasn't reality and falsely reported.

Can we not get him for £8m? Or are we holding out for less?

Deeping_white

He's been on holiday, why does everything have to be done instantly? Are you accusing the club of lying when they reported we signed him on loan with an option to make the deal permanent?

Statto

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 24, 2020, 11:48:00 PM
He's been on holiday, why does everything have to be done instantly? Are you accusing the club of lying when they reported we signed him on loan with an option to make the deal permanent?

I agree with the thrust of your post but FWIW the club never put it as explicitly as that originally. It's just been reported in the press and confirmed by TK verbally in interviews more recently.

wheelerdeeler

We know we have the option to buy on him, so it ultimately comes down to whether we offer him a good enough contract (and whatever else you can say about the Khans they very rarely pinch pennies) and whether Reed wants to join us which would ultimately (probably) be down to how much game time Southampton can offer him now they've sold Hojbjerg.

As someone said Reed's been on holiday, so now he's (presumably) back he might have had a meeting with Hassenhuttl to talk about it.

I get the impatience with wanting signings, but the thing you do have to say about Reed should he sign is he won't need time to "bed in" and get to know the team etc. like someone "new" would so unless Southampton aren't letting him train so he isn't fit for the start of the season there's no need to panic.

The Rational Fan

It's probably coming down to Harrison Reed wages, and I'm sure we have likely offerred the maximium within the wage structure that is equal to Anguissa, Seri and Mitro, but that may not be enough for Reed as if they want him Crystal Palace can offer more within their wage structure.

Fernhurst

We all know how far teams will go to "get an edge" (Leeds) Southampton team back at it, Harrison left out unsettle him and us.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

AnOldBrownie

He's coming.

I'll be worried when West Brom and Leeds make a slew of knew signings that make them better than us.   As of right now I don't see a lot of lower table EPL sides moving the bar.

Patience young grasshopper.   082.gif

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 25, 2020, 01:45:54 AM
He's coming.

I'll be worried when West Brom and Leeds make a slew of knew signings that make them better than us.   As of right now I don't see a lot of lower table EPL sides moving the bar.

Patience young grasshopper.   082.gif

Harrison Reed and Michael Hector both took years to master the championship. Reed failed at Norwich and Hector failed in the Bundesliga, they will take time to adjust to the premier league but hopefully good enough to be part of a team that wins at least four games before Christmas.

I think other premier league teams are interested now in Reed, but Crystal Palace could snap up some Chelsea discards that might be better like Rufus Loftus Creek. Once the big clubs start discarding players, Reed may realise he might not get first team football at a better club.