more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is our Right back? the 'most' pressing position this off season to fill

Started by 3-lions, August 21, 2020, 05:22:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3-lions

Seems to have gone all Pete Tong.

Has Tony already got his man? as there seems to be zero rumours or bids in for a RB.

Is it Christie? Sess? or has Odoi agreed to a new deal or do we have a free agent primed ready to sign?

and S.P?

Statto

LCB is number one priority for me

Starting the season with Odoi at RB - not the end of the world
Starting the season with Ream at LCB - suicidal

FulhamStu

filham

Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2020, 05:34:01 PM

In the 12 matches played after Lockdown we recorded 5 clean sheets over 90 minutes. Parker had got our defense working well , it will not be a disaster if we start where we left off but remember Reed was an important part of the defense.

Statto

Quote from: filham on August 21, 2020, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 21, 2020, 05:34:01 PM

In the 12 matches played after Lockdown we recorded 5 clean sheets over 90 minutes. Parker had got our defense working well , it will not be a disaster if we start where we left off but remember Reed was an important part of the defense.

That would be fine if our upcoming fixtures were against Forest and Birmingham. Not sure Arsenal and Wolves will be so easy to defend against.

Classic94

We obviously need both. However, given the choice, I'd say a LCB is slightly more pressing. We simply can't start the season with Ream if we hope to survive. A great servant, but far too slow at this level. We 'could' muddle through the first few games with Odoi and Christie, despite being far from ideal.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Classic94 on August 21, 2020, 05:45:02 PM
We obviously need both. However, given the choice, I'd say a LCB is slightly more pressing. We simply can't start the season with Ream if we hope to survive. A great servant, but far too slow at this level. We 'could' muddle through the first few games with Odoi and Christie, despite being far from ideal.

Last time we were up we had both MLM and Tim Ream in the back.   It's a horrible partnership.   With Big Mike I trust Ream more at LCB than I do Dennis Odoi as a starting rb.   Auba would eat him alive.

Whitestone

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 21, 2020, 07:07:45 PM

Last time we were up we had both MLM and Tim Ream in the back.   It's a horrible partnership.   With Big Mike I trust Ream more at LCB than I do Dennis Odoi as a starting rb.   Auba would eat him alive.

After last time I have no faith in Ream, Odoi, Christie or MLM as regular starters in the Prem. Obviously we need a squad of say 25 and these guys surely can't be more than back up because if that's the way it pans out we'll be back in the Championship this time next year.

We Are Premier League

I would like it to be Elseid Hysaj - Napoli wont play in europe next season and his contract is up in 12months...

Deuce

Lets have a thread about a topic that does not transpire into a debate about Ream please.

As for on topic: relax. We have absolutley no idea how far along we are in the process of signing a RB. We dont know if we've put in a bid or not for Cash, or anyone else for that matter. And if we havent, we wouldnt know why there hasnt been a bid in place. We can only be patient and trust the people in charge know what they are doing

Personally I feel a CB is more vital for a sturdy defence than a RB, but ultimatley its about how the entire team goes about in its collective defending.

filham

The back four are all important but don't underestimate the value added to our defense by Reed who has yet to be signed.
Without Reed who fills that defensive midfield position, McDonald or Johanson.

f bloke

In terms of natural talent,  Marlon Fossey is, in my view, one of the most gifted to have come through the academy in the last 10 years or so. I thought he was more first team ready than Ryan Sess when Sess got his first team call. Sadly he has lost 3 seasons to injury and have no idea whether someone so young can get over that either physically or as a player.

That said I would be very interested to see whether he can step up. Whether that is being sent out on loan or being first back up, I'm not sure but regardless I will be watching his progress very closely.

Twig

I appreciate everything Tim Ream has done for our club but the fact remains that for me the 2 most critical signings are a LCB and Reed. I'm not even sure that a RB is 3rd most critical, one could argue that a striker is more important?

Riverside

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on August 21, 2020, 07:07:45 PM

Not to let facts get in the way but the 3 games Ream and MLM were the CB partnership were all clean sheets and wins

Fulham   2–0   Everton   
Bournemouth   0–1   Fulham   
Fulham   1–0   Cardiff City   

Not so horrible

Riverside

Meantime back to RB
I think Parker may play 3 CBs - so how about Knockart are RWB ?
I was more impressed by his energy and defence than quality in the final third

rebel

Quote from: Riverside on August 23, 2020, 10:45:57 AM
Meantime back to RB
I think Parker may play 3 CBs - so how about Knockart are RWB ?
I was more impressed by his energy and defence than quality in the final third

Knockart's passing was way off in the Play - Off final, a 3 metre pass went straight to the opposition, but one of many passes that went astray.

FulhamStu

We were apparently one of 3 clubs with bids in for Kongolo, he has to decide.   I would be very happy to get him back but would think we need another centre back as his injury issues need to be covered.  If we kept Ream and MLM as cover, Parker must like MLM as he is normally a sub on 80 mins when we are holding a lead..., would that be enough ?

Classic94

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 23, 2020, 10:52:41 AM
We were apparently one of 3 clubs with bids in for Kongolo, he has to decide.   I would be very happy to get him back but would think we need another centre back as his injury issues need to be covered.  If we kept Ream and MLM as cover, Parker must like MLM as he is normally a sub on 80 mins when we are holding a lead..., would that be enough ?

Would happily take Kongolo. Don't rate MLM at all - was a liability at PL level, and shaky even in the Championship.

lomotd

Kongolo will not be fit to start the season, from Huddersfield's twitter: Kongolo has a 'more long-term injury' and would not be 'able to help the squad fast'.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: FulhamStu on August 23, 2020, 10:52:41 AM
Huddersfield have tweeted that Kongolo is still not fit, would two and a bit weeks be enough for him to get to match fitness if we did sign him?
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996