News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu


I'm not anticipating us staying

Started by H4usuallysitting, August 23, 2020, 08:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H4usuallysitting

up this coming season - what a great position to be in.... underdog in every game..... let's just enjoy the ride

rebel

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 23, 2020, 08:57:17 AM
up this coming season - what a great position to be in.... underdog in every game..... let's just enjoy the ride

I'm totally opposite, if we have the team spirit, the fight, I really think we can do something 'special'. We are better then Sheff Utd, everyone thought they would be 'relegated', that includes me. They were very 'industrious' throughout the season and suprised everyone.

filham

It will be a hard season but I am hoping Parker can get us fighting from the start and somehow we will collect 40 points which will be sufficient to give us another premier league season.
Essential though that TK plays his part and sorts out two or three transfers quickly to give Parker the extra players he needs.


Twig

It all depends on key signings. Thus far we haven't made any (TR as a new LB is fine but wasn't key). If we get Reed and a very good CB then I think we will do ok. Start without those two critical signings and I think we drop.

Andy S

What did Micky Adams say Think fail and you will. I hope the players mindset is not where you are

The Swan

I think that we will do well . There are at least three teams that are worst than us. Palace, Brighton, Burnley,  Southampton, West Brom,
The Swan


..FOF..

 :005:

I just hope the team do not have such a mentality. Defeatist attitude.

Berserker

As long as we stay up this season I will be happy. I'm looking forward to seeing fantastic players and clubs as part of our opposition, and the abdolute joy when we actually manage to beat one of the big clubs.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Woolly Mammoth

The worst scenario is that we will not be cannon fodder like before, and the dressing room atmosphere and team spirit will be positive as opposed to negative.
Providing we can resolve the current situation at LCB, RB and Harrison Reed as well as another striker.
We have no need to fear the worst. The good situation is that we are very much in the underdogs bracket, so no pressure, and we will be quite capable of picking up points against the Arsenals of this world.
But we do need reinforcements and every single player on the pitch has to be as one.

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.


Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on August 23, 2020, 08:57:17 AM
up this coming season - what a great position to be in.... underdog in every game..... let's just enjoy the ride

Amen! I agree. Embrace the struggle folks!

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2020, 03:07:02 PM
The worst scenario is that we will not be cannon fodder like before, and the dressing room atmosphere and team spirit will be positive as opposed to negative.
Providing we can resolve the current situation at LCB, RB and Harrison Reed as well as another striker.
We have no need to fear the worst. The good situation is that we are very much in the underdogs bracket, so no pressure, and we will be quite capable of picking up points against the Arsenals of this world.
But we do need reinforcements and every single player on the pitch has to be as one.

We should always fear the worst. It's okay really. Getting relegated from the Premier League is not the worse that can happen. There is worse than that in football.

FFC1987

I'm less defeatist than normal and am just going to enjoy being in the top flight and seeing what we can do. I think we're capable of staying up but have full confidence that if we don't, we have the right strategy to give us an exciting following season pushing for automatic. If the likes of Anguissa come back and play to their form, I actually think, pending a few signings, we should be ok but lets see.


WhiteJC

Quote from: Berserker on August 23, 2020, 02:30:59 PM
As long as we stay up this season I will be happy. I'm looking forward to seeing fantastic players and clubs as part of our opposition, and the abdolute joy when we actually manage to beat one of the big clubs.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

In truth I will be surprised if we stay up, and not too disappointed if we don't, having said that I was surprised that we got promoted but really delighted with how we did it, if Mr Parker can get the team to play like that then we'll be OK.
For next season all I want is to beat Chelsea, home or away I don't really care, but assuming we can't go to the game I'd love to hear Gentle Jim when the final whistle goes and we've got the 3 points, such things are dreams made of...  049:gif I think he may repeat what the "man behind him" said at the play off final 064.gif

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on August 23, 2020, 07:03:50 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 23, 2020, 03:07:02 PM
The worst scenario is that we will not be cannon fodder like before, and the dressing room atmosphere and team spirit will be positive as opposed to negative.
Providing we can resolve the current situation at LCB, RB and Harrison Reed as well as another striker.
We have no need to fear the worst. The good situation is that we are very much in the underdogs bracket, so no pressure, and we will be quite capable of picking up points against the Arsenals of this world.
But we do need reinforcements and every single player on the pitch has to be as one.

We should always fear the worst. It's okay really. Getting relegated from the Premier League is not the worse that can happen. There is worse than that in football.

If we play without fear, not only would players play with a lot more confidence but it will also be a springboard to enable Fulham to embrace a system of play that will encourage Fulham to play to their strengths which inevitably will strengthen Fulhams resolve in being the goveners during a game and not just a fight for survival.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Whitestone

It's too early to call. The transfer window is open until 5 October so it's not easy to make predictions,  although I can understand why we are the bookies favourites for the drop. The play off winners are every season so nothing new there. If we could fill the obvious gaps in the squad before a ball is kicked that would be a start. Robinson looks like a good addition. We probably need a couple more before the Arsenal game.


St Eve

17th would be success. There are at least 6 teams that will be struggling

ALG01

we have yet to kick a ball in anger, the squad is not assembled. i didn't expect us to go up last season so no need to be pesimistic, let us see a few games first and then decide.

The Rational Fan

#17
Scott Parker's job is to keep us up this season with existing players and if we go down get us promoted. But the Recruitment team's first priority is buy players thinking 2 to 5 years in advance and their second priority is to fill any gaps for this season with loans.

The most important longer term priority when it comes to recruitment is a centre back partnership (or trio) that if required over the next four years can get us promoted again and keep clean sheets in premier league. We have a young goalkeeper (Rodak), we have two young full backs with potential (S.Sess and Robinson), we have two young midfielders (Anguissa and Onamah) and a few forwards should be starting to peak (Mitro, Kamara and Reid), so it's CBs that we need to fix first.

Getting Relegated is OK, provided we can get promoted with a team that has a very solid defensive spine. The ideal team to get promoted has strong CBs and CMs, because other positions are easier to add later, especially easy is normally adding a top winger. 


KilianG

It will be a really hard season, that's for sure, but I think we can fight and stay, and next season build a better team without massive overhaul of the squad, we need to build a top 10 squad during the next years, to avoid overhaulings

toshes mate

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 23, 2020, 11:55:58 PM
Scott Parker's job is to keep us up this season with existing players and if we go down get us promoted. But the Recruitment team's first priority is buy players thinking 2 to 5 years in advance and their second priority is to fill any gaps for this season with loans.
I think Parker's job is currently to ensure that he has what he needs as a squad to consolidate and improve upon what he has achieved already.  Recruitment need to be on that exact same wavelength as Parker because nothing is ever certain in football whether it is success/failure measured by the second or by the decade.   Senior Club personnel were well warned about how fickle success can be in 2018 and a repeat this time around will suggest that something is very wrong with personnel in the upper echelons of the Club.  I would hope that when Parker and Khan Junior discuss things it isn't just about the here and now but also covers the potential to build upon success and that means having a plan with sufficient latitude to cover all the bases.  There is not a lot of evidence of that having happened in the past and so I am anticipating a big sea change this window and the next one.