Author Topic: Fulham 0-1 Wolves - Friday 9 April 2021, 8:00pm  (Read 3056 times)

Offline jayffc

• Graham Leggat
Re: Fulham v Wolves - Friday 9 April 2021, 8:00pm
« Reply #260 on: April 09, 2021, 09:57:20 PM »
To all those clamouring for Mitro to start....

It's a no from me. Yet again he was p*** poor when he did touch the ball and we do not play to his strengths so stick to the team that had us playing well....Maja up top BDR on the right, Lookman on the left, I'm sorry but in 2 years Parker still has NO idea how to use Mitro. A dreadful attacking coach we have been boring for 80% of his tenure here. I stand by the opinion that a different manager could have made something of this team. I'm over it with Scott

Online SP

• Gentleman Jim
  • Fulham debut 1970
« Reply #261 on: April 09, 2021, 09:58:08 PM »
The FFC run busters do it again.

Offline The Cravenette

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #262 on: April 09, 2021, 09:58:31 PM »
For a game we know we needed to win that was dreadful. Too many times we have said that this season.

Agree. 3 games where we all knew a win would take us out the relegation zone and they are just not up for it. Could have played all night and not scored. Very poor.

Offline Sting of the North

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #263 on: April 09, 2021, 09:59:06 PM »
We were far better than wolves and wanted it far more. Unfortunately we are so toothless, and then lost on a fluke goal, which happens. Very predictable comments followed here of course, which is a reason that the forum is almost not readable anymore. We are of course not relegated yet but people will still pretend we are. Mourn this evening, then wake up and face the next challenge. Hopefully the players have more guts than half the people on here.

Cheers and goodnight

Offline jayffc

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #264 on: April 09, 2021, 10:00:24 PM »
Is it really heartbreaking? 1 point did nothing and we're clearly just not good enough to stay up. A few good players doesn't make a team.

Not true,

a point puts us 2 points behind newcastle. They lose the next 2 and it's all to play for with 6 games left.
it could well still come down to a difference of 1 point on the last game of the season. Parker out, even if we scraped through it'll be through Newcastle being bloody awful and saving his arse.Just as we were starting to give him some credit he shows his ineptitude again.

Just to clarify....we needed a goal.....and he put Anguissa up front with Mitro and left our striker on the bench till the last 10.

Online Sgt Fulham

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #265 on: April 09, 2021, 10:01:08 PM »
We were far better than wolves and wanted it far more. Unfortunately we are so toothless, and then lost on a fluke goal, which happens. Very predictable comments followed here of course, which is a reason that the forum is almost not readable anymore. We are of course not relegated yet but people will still pretend we are. Mourn this evening, then wake up and face the next challenge. Hopefully the players have more guts than half the people on here.

Cheers and goodnight

We were far better than Wolves? Share some of what you're smoking mate.

Offline Sting of the North

• The Bard/Corked Hat
« Reply #266 on: April 09, 2021, 10:02:41 PM »

Cheers and goodnight

We were far better than Wolves? Share some of what you're smoking mate.

Just watching the game without negativity googles on. Feel free to disagree, but please stop with insinuating that I don’t know what I am saying. Thanks

Offline jayffc

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #267 on: April 09, 2021, 10:03:36 PM »

Cheers and goodnight

Not relegated, until its mathematically impossible. But people are rightfully frustrated yet again. We might have been marginally better than a poor wolves side....but in reality despite that they still deserved to win 2-0 tonight, we created 1 clear cut chance I can think of. Woeful in attack and its the same problems weve had for so long under Scott sadly. Incapable of creating potent attacks.

Offline Burntheashes

• Lakey/Dark Room
« Reply #268 on: April 09, 2021, 10:04:49 PM »
Robinson played his better game tonight but, really should've start Bryan if we intend to feed Mitro some service...

Online Deeping_white

• Silver Fox
« Reply #269 on: April 09, 2021, 10:05:00 PM »

Cheers and goodnight

Both teams looked like they could be out there all night and not score but that's part of our issue. In a must win game we essentially went 5-4-1 and even with 3 attacking subs we created no decent chances because we play like a team afraid to lose rather than a team desperate to win. I'm usually one of the more optimistic people on this forum but we've played two games more than Newcastle and they're 3 points ahead, it's going to take a literal miracle at this stage to not end up going down

Online Asotosyios

• Legend
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2021, 10:05:05 PM »

Cheers and goodnight

I don't think the people here don't have any guts, but it's the disappointment of the last 3 games settling in. I don't agree with most of the comments, that's why I have taken a seat back, but understand the frustration with the results and the performances.

The fat lady hasn't sung yet though...here's hoping.

Offline Tempest

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2021, 10:05:11 PM »
Still going down to the last game of the season.

Feel for the players and management tonight. That is going to hurt

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I don't feel for the management. They set us up 5-4-1 at home against a team that barely score any goals with a target man who doesn't actually move
So, free flowing attacking football is the way?? He done his bit, he kept us in the game but he isn't responsible for the quality of service to the forward players.

We do not have the squad to stay in this league, it's a.bloody miracle we're still in with a shout.

If you're old enough to open a bottle of wine, go do it, chill, put your feet up and realise that football is just a game, all that happened tonight is we lost a football match, nothing more. 

Now go do your homework or enjoy your wine.

Online Deeping_white

• Silver Fox
« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2021, 10:12:28 PM »
Still going down to the last game of the season.

Feel for the players and management tonight. That is going to hurt

I don't feel for the management. They set us up 5-4-1 at home against a team that barely score any goals with a target man who doesn't actually move
So, free flowing attacking football is the way?? He done his bit, he kept us in the game but he isn't responsible for the quality of service to the forward players.

We do not have the squad to stay in this league, it's a.bloody miracle we're still in with a shout.

If you're old enough to open a bottle of wine, go do it, chill, put your feet up and realise that football is just a game, all that happened tonight is we lost a football match, nothing more. 

Now go do your homework or enjoy your wine.

You can play 5 at the back and actually attack teams, we had only one plan and that was to go diagonally wide and cross it in, which created absolutely 0 clear cut chances, and one half chance for RLC. We don't play to win, we play to not lose and it's the same ethos we had in the championship except this year we're not winning games because we've got better individual quality than 90% of teams like we did in the championship.  Not sure why you think I'm so pent up about us losing, my life is completely unaffected by tonight other than wishing we'd be more adventurous as a team and try to win the must win games

Offline jarv

• Gentleman Jim
« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2021, 10:17:34 PM »
Tempest,  well said, could not agree more with your last comment.

Offline Gezza

• tjl
« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2021, 10:18:32 PM »

It's a no from me. Yet again he was p*** poor when he did touch the ball and we do not play to his strengths so stick to the team that had us playing well....Maja up top BDR on the right, Lookman on the left, I'm sorry but in 2 years Parker still has NO idea how to use Mitro. A dreadful attacking coach we have been boring for 80% of his tenure here. I stand by the opinion that a different manager could have made something of this team. I'm over it with Scott

How can you say in 2 years he has no idea how to use Mitro when he was top scorer in Championship last year ?

Offline Mickeyboro

• tjl
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2021, 10:20:48 PM »
He marginalised Mitro, as a strong character that threatened his authority. The other big character in the dressing room, Mawson, was shipped out.

Offline jayffc

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2021, 10:31:52 PM »

How can you say in 2 years he has no idea how to use Mitro when he was top scorer in Championship last year ?

Fair point, though watching last year certainly felt like much of our success in attack was down to moments of individual brilliance than us being a cohesive attacking unit. At the time it felt like we looked very poor in attack in comparison to the Slav champ season with a couple of players (including Mitro) bailing Parker out here and there, sadly that hasn't been replicated this year . Slavs year, Mitro was linking play and playing off others all the time, that didn't seem to be the same last year...Remember distinctly many saying that last year and towards the back end many were questioning if we actually looked better without Mitro alot of the time than with. It was an odd paradox, but whatever the semantics, the fact is in the premiership Scotts had no idea how to get anything from Mitro and it's taking him far to long to work it out at this point. He's a capable scorer at international level, but you can tell from his body language and his recent interviews somethings not right about how we use him here

Offline Gezza

• tjl
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2021, 10:36:44 PM »

Fair point, though watching last year certainly felt like much of our success in attack was down to moments of individual brilliance than us being a cohesive attacking unit. At the time it felt like we looked very poor in attack in comparison to the Slav champ season with a couple of players (including Mitro) bailing Parker out here and there, sadly that hasn't been replicated this year . Slavs year, Mitro was linking play and playing off others all the time, that didn't seem to be the same last year...Remember distinctly many saying that last year and towards the back end many were questioning if we actually looked better without Mitro alot of the time than with. It was an odd paradox, but whatever the semantics, the fact is in the premiership Scotts had no idea how to get anything from Mitro and it's taking him far to long to work it out at this point. He's a capable scorer at international level, but you can tell from his body language and his recent interviews somethings not right about how we use him here

Maybe he is just not good enough for the Premiership. Something Raffa realised when selling him from Newcastle?

Offline jayffc

• Graham Leggat
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2021, 10:43:34 PM »

Maybe he is just not good enough for the Premiership. Something Raffa realised when selling him from Newcastle?

Perhaps.....

Which is why I'd have started Maja personally. And have been saying that since he got here. I could see that Mitro was on form at international level. But despite scoring from a gift I thought we were back to abysmal going forward against Villa largely again. I wouldn't have been mad if he'd brought off Mitro FOR Maja in the 60th, I'd have completely understood the decision to be fair. That said, Mitro can score against top opposition, hes proved it time and time again against various international defences, but Serbia play a different game to us. I think theres a way to unlock Mitro at this level, but I don't believe Scott has the answers so best to realise that and start Josh asap