watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: My favorite athlete

Started by AnOldBrownie, October 16, 2020, 08:18:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Just sayin'.   This was my daughter two years ago...   and the main reason I love Fulham, and football in general.

Just sharing.

She's 16 now...still practicing with her team...but they haven't played a game since January.  :012:

Southdowns White

Hopefully she's still playing and doing you proud. Nothing better than watching your own children play sport, especially when they do it better than we have ever done.

bencher

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 16, 2020, 08:18:17 AM
Just sayin'.   This was my daughter two years ago...   and the main reason I love Fulham, and football in general.

Just sharing.

Out of curiosity, how does this connect to Fulham?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Southdowns White on October 16, 2020, 08:25:02 AM
Hopefully she's still playing and doing you proud. Nothing better than watching your own children play sport, especially when they do it better than we have ever done.

Agreed.

Never played football (european), but my daughter has played for 12 years...and once she got good...I started following the sport seriously.   Now...I'm a proud dad...and thankful that her mom and her step dad introduced her and myself to the beautiful game.   

I haven't focused on American football in 6 years.   All because of my girl.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bencher on October 16, 2020, 08:26:50 AM

Just sharing.

The NFR in the subject field "I thought" identified this as a not exclusively Fulham related thread.

But to bring it back to Fulham, if it weren't for my favorite athlete I wouldn't be a Fulham fan.

bencher

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 16, 2020, 08:33:11 AM

Just sharing.

The NFR in the subject field "I thought" identified this as a not exclusively Fulham related thread.

But to bring it back to Fulham, if it weren't for my favorite athlete I wouldn't be a Fulham fan.

Indeed. What I meant was what is it that connects your daughter to following Fulham? Was she involved with Fulham's women's team?

HairyWombat

Just sharing.

She's 16 now...still practicing with her team...but they haven't played a game since January.  :012:
My two all time favourite athletes are Raelene Boyle and Allyson Felix.

Both were supremely balanced (as you would expect) and they just glided across the track. Human hovercrafts.

Your daughter seems the same from the picture. Head up and shoulders relaxed.

And have to say, eyes on the ball. Good girl.

My great niece plays Aussie rules. It is a joy watching these young girls, like your girl, pursuing their passion and getting stuck into it.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: bencher on October 16, 2020, 08:49:33 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on October 16, 2020, 08:33:11 AM

Just sharing.

Indeed. What I meant was what is it that connects your daughter to following Fulham? Was she involved with Fulham's women's team?

Not yet.   I watched a football match because I was familiar with my sport because of my daughter.   Manchester United vs. Arsenal.

Before that day...I'd never watched a football match.    I'd supported the Pittsburgh Steelers for 35 years up to that point.

RaySmith

Good to find  out something about other posters, especially those who follow Fulham from across the pond.

You're justifiably proud of your daughter, and that led you to  association football and Fulham - an interesting journey.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Back in Al Fayed's times I used to watch the Fulham Ladies professional team training at Motspur Park.
Ahead of their time as far as the ladies game was concerned and certainly a bunch of athletes.

ianthailand

Old Brownie:
Can she play centre half?

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: ianthailand on October 16, 2020, 10:22:18 AM
Old Brownie:
Can she play centre half?

RW and CF...but much better as a RW.   Uses her pace and good first touch to beat defenders...can put in a good cross.   Great on the ball...has a sprinter's pace.

Surprisingly the weakness in her game is the strength of her shot.   She's never been a power shooter.  Scores her fair share of goals but that's mostly due to pace and on ball skill.  She doesn't shoot from distance.

:003:

filham

Great to see your children taking part in most sport but I must add that I would not be happy to see a daughter of mine boxing or playing rugby.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: filham on October 16, 2020, 10:52:29 AM
Great to see your children taking part in most sport but I must add that I would not be happy to see a daughter of mine boxing or playing rugby.

I can certainly understand your concerns for obvious reasons, although if my daughter wanted to, I would give her all the advice possible about the risks in both those sports, but if she really wanted to do it I would not stop her, I would support her all the way.
However, one thing I would insist on advising my daughter not to do, is never play roulette with a Russian, and have you seen those Russian Dolls, they are so full of themselves.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Jim©

There's a huge pride in your kids excelling (or even competing in sport), great pics AOB.
I've coached my son's team for 8 years and i get little time to stand back and watch him. Much easier with my daughter who's a decent netballer.

gang

Old Brownie, it has made me curious now, why Fulham, although always pleased to have you on board the Fulham ship.