https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jibes that sparked Harry Maguire fight

Started by rebel, August 22, 2020, 07:56:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davew

Quote from: epsomraver on August 25, 2020, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: grandad on August 25, 2020, 05:51:34 PM
Maguire banged to rights. Found guilty of all charges. Bet all he will get is a miniscule fine . He has yet to face any action from Manure.

some of you really talk rubbish on here, any of you ever had dealings with the Greek police? they are corrupt, nobody is ever not guilty, they are aggressive , have no translators,  they put together a case in less than  3 days without telling the defence anything about it, no translations in court.,  I can see why I don't bother to come in here much now with all the ignorant comments, Harry is not a troublemaker, he doesn't court the limelight , you people going to stand by while your sister is molested by Albanians? yes course you are!!!
I agree with the last part of your posting, but question the first part of your posting, do you have 1st hand experience about them being corrupt etc? 1 question I have to ask is that if they are corrupt and I suspect they may well be, couldn´t HM offer them enough to drop the charges?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Mince n Tatties

I see he came out with the usual...."Do you know who I am"...😕

rebel

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 27, 2020, 11:20:24 AM
I see he came out with the usual...."Do you know who I am"...😕

When the facts 'pile up', denying them becomes totally 'untenable'.

ffcne

Maguire banged to rights. Found guilty of all charges. Bet all he will get is a miniscule fine . He has yet to face any action from Manure.

some of you really talk rubbish on here, any of you ever had dealings with the Greek police? they are corrupt, nobody is ever not guilty, they are aggressive , have no translators,  they put together a case in less than  3 days without telling the defence anything about it, no translations in court.,  I can see why I don't bother to come in here much now with all the ignorant comments, Harry is not a troublemaker, he doesn't court the limelight , you people going to stand by while your sister is molested by Albanians? yes course you are!!!

Who knows if that story is true regarding Albanians?
Do you know all the facts . ?
Were you there?
If not that is an ignorant comment.
Do you know how the legal system works?
Happens a lot in this country.
Lawyers dont disclose information until near the trial.

junior white

Quote from: ffcne on August 27, 2020, 04:16:38 PM

Who knows if that story is true regarding Albanians?
Do you know all the facts . ?
Were you there?
If not that is an ignorant comment.
Do you know how the legal system works?
Happens a lot in this country.
Lawyers dont disclose information until near the trial.
All true and it is all here say unless you were there.

One thing of note though the lawyers won't disclose anything before the case that is true, however the defence has aright to know what they are being charged with ahead of the case and to see the accusing documents ahead of the case, according to reports they were received just 2 hours before, that at leats i this country, isnt standard procedure.

However i don't really care, i wasnt there so can only offer an unififormed opinion,

Asotosyios

According to the police report, Maguire and his friends shouted at the policemen "F*&% you all, F*&% off, F*&% the Greek Police, f*&% policemen, f&%* the Greece, f*&% the Greek civilization, I don't give a sh*&%!". The resisted arrest and fought with two policemen kicking and punching them. Once they were arrested, they offered to give them money to let them free.

RaySmith

As someone else said, can't remember who, a lot of the things they were supposed to have said sound very  unlikely.

Would you really boast about playing for Man u, and say 'do you know who I am?' or keep quite about it in that situation, and would they really say 'f -the Greek civilisation.'
Maguire doesn't sound completely stupid when he talks..

But it's one's word against the other, and they have the advantage of being the police.

Statto

Quote from: RaySmith on September 01, 2020, 03:58:34 PM
it's one's word against the other, and they have the advantage of being the police.

Given you've chosen not to believe them, it doesn't seem like much of an advantage... 

cmg

Quote from: Asotosyios on September 01, 2020, 02:52:26 PM

According to the police report, Maguire and his friends shouted ".... f&%* the Greece, f*&% the Greek civilization...."

That certainly has the ring of truth about it. Maguire was actually quoting, in perfect classical ancient Greek, an insult uttered by Leonidas I at the Battle of Thermopolyae.

RaySmith

I believe  Xenophon's Anabasis, in the original Ancient Greek, is his favourite reading.

Asotosyios

Quote from: RaySmith on September 02, 2020, 12:42:54 PM
I believe  Xenophon's Anabasis, in the original Ancient Greek, is his favourite reading.

Are you sure it's not Plato's Symposium?  :dft011:

I am Greek and have been living in the UK for a long time, so don't really want to take sides - I only added what the police report mentioned as per the Greek media.

What is interesting is that English people mostly think that Maguire is blameless and the "corrupted" Greek police is at fault, while most people in Greece consider it as one of the many incidents that take place every summer in the Greek islands between drunk English people. Obviously both of these are generalizations, but still interesting to see.

Woolly Mammoth

If the Greek police told me night followed day I would go and ask somebody else.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

cmg

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2020, 01:05:59 PM
If the Greek police told me night followed day I would go and ask somebody else.

You're only saying that because you got fooled by that wooden horse they left on your doorstep.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: cmg on September 02, 2020, 04:13:51 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on September 02, 2020, 01:05:59 PM

You're only saying that because you got fooled by that wooden horse they left on your doorstep.

That was a Rocking Horse, but they had not taken into account my pet Woodpecker called Troy who gave the Rocking Horse a good pecking.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Asotosyios on September 02, 2020, 01:01:41 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on September 02, 2020, 12:42:54 PM

Are you sure it's not Plato's Symposium?  :dft011:

I am Greek and have been living in the UK for a long time, so don't really want to take sides - I only added what the police report mentioned as per the Greek media.

What is interesting is that English people mostly think that Maguire is blameless and the "corrupted" Greek police is at fault, while most people in Greece consider it as one of the many incidents that take place every summer in the Greek islands between drunk English people. Obviously both of these are generalizations, but still interesting to see.

Honestly, none-one is blameless, it's just the amount to apportion to each party this perhaps in dispute.  :023:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

domprague

Rent a villa. Go to a resort with a better clientele that pissed shouting and swearing at people. Accept that you'll be a target and in return you're paid a fortune. It's not difficult.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Statto

Quote from: domprague on September 03, 2020, 09:46:13 PM
Rent a villa. Go to a resort with a better clientele that pissed shouting and swearing at people. Accept that you'll be a target and in return you're paid a fortune. It's not difficult.

Agreed