News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which of Chelsea's 7xCB are going to be available?

Started by The Rational Fan, August 31, 2020, 08:29:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of Chelsea's Seven Centre-Back are going to be available?

Antonio Rüdiger
4 (5.6%)
Kurt Zouma
10 (14.1%)
Andreas Christensen
20 (28.2%)
Malang Sarr
15 (21.1%)
Fikayo Tomori
20 (28.2%)
Ethan Ampadu
23 (32.4%)
Thiago Silva
2 (2.8%)
None
2 (2.8%)
No Idea
17 (23.9%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Voting closed: September 05, 2020, 08:29:55 AM

The Rational Fan

Which of Chelsea's Seven Centre-Back are going to be available? And, should we get them?

FFC In Oz

We can't loan Sarr - as transfer rules stipulate that a team cannot loan a player they have bought to another team in the same nation in the same window.

Silva, Rudiger & Christensen won't be available (in my opinion).

I would go for Zouma first, Tomori as a close 2nd option.

rebel

We were linked with Ethan Ampadu earlier in the window.

filham

I am not familiar with any of them so would go for the strongest, tallest and ugliest. We need a real rock at the centre of our defence.

Tabby

Quote from: filham on August 31, 2020, 10:42:27 AM
I am not familiar with any of them so would go for the strongest, tallest and ugliest. We need a real rock at the centre of our defence.

Toss up between Rudiger and Zouma then, depending on who you think is more handsome.

JimOG

Quote from: Tabby on August 31, 2020, 10:45:16 AM

Toss up between Rudiger and Zouma then, depending on who you think is more handsome.

Think it would be much easier to get Zouma....I think Chelsea have lost faith in him.

rebel

Quote from: JimOG on August 31, 2020, 10:51:17 AM
Quote from: Tabby on August 31, 2020, 10:45:16 AM

Think it would be much easier to get Zouma....I think Chelsea have lost faith in him.

He played 28 times for them last season, so not all faith.

Asotosyios

While we are looking at Chelsea's CBs, perhaps we should take a look at Zappacosta for the RB position.

He is not needed at Chelsea and won't need time to adjust to the Premier League and the English Football.

Fiorentina is supposedly interested in getting him on loan, but surely we could a loan with an option to buy deal similar to the one for Lemina.

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/transfer-news/report-fiorentina-want-to-sign-chelsea-defender-davide-zappacosta-on-loan/

We Are Premier League

Think they will keep

Zouma, Rudinger, Silva, Christiansen as CB - Ampadu has said he preferred to stay instead of going on loan so i woudl make him nr 5 with Azpili as another option when they go for a back 3.

With the risk of the virus taking a few players out; i think all the big clubs will load up on large squads (subject to having enough  senior squad players under 21)