News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Some people use youtube highlight reels to gauge a player...

Started by Samsara, August 31, 2020, 07:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samsara

So here's Mario in the Prem. 18/19

Statto

Obviously anyone can look good in highlights but there's a lot of good stuff in there considering he only played half a season [EDIT: just realised he signed for them in 2017 not 2018 so it's a season and a half... Still impressive nonetheless]

Besides getting injured and needing surgery, I'm really not sure what he could have done wrong at Southampton for him to fall out of favour

Also despite the question marks about his attitude, he comes across as quite humble on social media. His Instagram is mostly family-oriented posts, and a video farewell to the Galatasaray fans.

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on August 31, 2020, 09:27:01 AM
Obviously anyone can look good in highlights but there's a lot of good stuff in there considering he only played half a season

Besides getting injured and needing surgery, I'm really not sure what he could have done wrong at Southampton for him to fall out of favour

Also despite the question marks about his attitude, he comes across as quite humble on social media. His Instagram is mostly family-oriented posts, and a video farewell to the Galatasaray fans.

From what I understand it. bids in January from CL clubs turned down, caused him to have his head turned and prolonged an injury and essentially deciding he didn't want to play as much to avoid injury which in turn obviously created a rift between him and the manager. On the surface, that's really bad but from what I also understand, he'd become increasingly frustrated with tactics too where games simply passed him by where they used Long/Redmond et all to play long and completely by pass the midfield.

He had a chip on his shoulder, I think that's obvious, he walks into that team on ability, but his head was turned. Hojberg did the same last season and was stripped of captaincy, reduced field time and even played RB for a few. I think we'll see a refreshed player with something to prove.

This could well be wrong, the people who told me don't really have a reason to lie, they love the guy. Say on his day he's a top 4 player, always gives a 6/10 otherwise so I'd imagine theres at least some truth to it.

rebel

The Youtube videos are great, but only tell you somethings, best to watch with caution.

bencher

Quote from: rebel on August 31, 2020, 09:48:18 AM
The Youtube videos are great, but only tell you somethings, best to watch with caution.

The lawyer in me says how many times that he tries to dribble his way out of trouble does he give the ball away in a dangerous area. I also wonder whether he could be turned into a more AM or winger rather than a box-to-box.

Arthur

Quote from: bencher on August 31, 2020, 12:44:05 PM
The lawyer in me says how many times that he tries to dribble his way out of trouble does he give the ball away in a dangerous area.

He should fit in well then.