watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Roy for man of the match

Started by FFCOutpostCommander, February 09, 2010, 10:16:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCOutpostCommander

Everyone played well today and for me no one player stood out. I'm not taking anything away from them and they deserved their win, but Roy laid it out beautifully. Good selections for starters and subs. He also preserved some starters for our next match with the early changes. I like our chances on Sunday!
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Fernhurst

Yeah... good shout- well prepared team hustled them to death in the first half, just as we were doing to teams last term.Fortunate to be able to change things in readiness for the weekend, but Simon walked past me with what looked like an ice bucket strapped to his ankle,looks like we are nursing him.

Major suck- back re Shorey by me---- looking very assured and a major surprise .... again ... well done Roy.

cebu

Quote from: Fernhurst on February 09, 2010, 11:38:23 PM
... but Simon walked past me with what looked like an ice bucket strapped to his ankle,looks like we are nursing him.

Major suck- back re Shorey by me---- looking very assured and a major surprise .... again ... well done Roy.

I noticed that too, but Roy mentioned (in the post-match interview) Simon being available for the next match. Hope he's right.

Rupert

Man of the match-
Do you pick David Elm? Made the first and scored the second.
Bobby Zamora? Made the second and scored the third.
Danny Murphy? Scored the first and could claim that as everyone, me included, was expecting him to take the free kick he can claim an assist for the third.
Damien Duff? Never stopped running. Well, not until he was substituted.
Dickson Etuhu? Gave away a couple of daft free kicks but otherwise was immense.
Aaron Hughes? As quietly efficient as ever.
Brede Hangeland? Getting back to his best, thank God.

I couldn't pick any one MoM from that lot. About the only one from the starting XI you can rule out is Mark Schwarzer, because he had bugger all to do. Long may that continue to be the case!

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

FFCOutpostCommander

Good call Rupert, saw it very much the same as you've writen. A very even performance from everyone. Only other fair choice would be the team as a whole.
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Tom

Roy made three great subs in the game. I wished we would have seen more of Okaka. I was hoping he would be subbed in at halftime since we were up 2-0. I would have started him personally. At least Elm looked ok and seems to be improving.
Fulham for life!

HatterDon

Plenty of candidates for man of the match, but I chose Baird. He was simply brilliant yesterday -- and at RIGHT BACK. He and Shorey will do just fine until Pants and PK come back.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel