more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 04/09/20...

Started by WhiteJC, September 03, 2020, 01:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham player set to depart Craven Cottage for EFL side

Martell Taylor-Crossdale is set to link up with Sky Bet League One side AFC Wimbledon on loan from newly-promoted Fulham, as per a report from West London Sport.

The young striker made the move from Chelsea to Fulham last summer but did not make a senior appearance as the men from Craven Cottage achieved promotion to the Premier League.

Certainly, he would not have expected to play too much given his age and now it looks as though the Whites think it might be best if he got some senior minutes.

Of course, it would be tough to throw him into a Premier League game and so a move to League One appears on the cards, as he makes the short switch to AFC Wimbledon for a loan spell.

The Verdict

The Dons will be excited about this arrival given the potential he brings.

It's a big moment for the forward as he'll be suddenly playing senior football against experienced pros and wily centre-halves.

It'll be a great learning experience for him, though, and if he can produce the goods and score some goals for the Dons, Fulham will be very pleased indeed.

Let's see how he gets on once he moves to south west London.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-player-set-to-depart-craven-cottage-for-efl-side/

WhiteJC

Aston Villa announce the £16m signing of Nottingham Forest right-back Matty Cash as boss  Dean Smith says club have secured 'one of England's brightest prospects' after making his first major summer signing

Aston Villa have clinched the signing of Nottingham Forest star Matty Cash
    Villa beat off interest from Fulham and Sheffield United to secure the right-back
    Boss Dean Smith said Cash was 'one of England's brightest young prospects' 

Aston Villa have sealed the £16m signing of Nottingham Forest full-back Matty Cash on a five-year-deal after beating off competition from their Premier League rivals.

The Midlands outfit had a number of bids rejected for the 23-year-old but finally reached a breakthrough in talks with Forest this week.

Now Dean Smith's side have now wrapped up the deal despite interest from the likes of Fulham and Sheffield United.

Aston Villa have completed the £16million signing of Nottingham Forest full back Matty Cash

Smith said Cash had the potential to be a top star and believes he will have no problems gelling into the first team.

'We are delighted to welcome Matty to Villa and believe we have secured one of England's brightest young prospects.

'He has an excellent playing record for a young player and we believe he will settle in easily and continue his rapid development into a top full-back.'

The player himself admitted his pride to join the club and test his ability in the Premier League in a post on Twitter.

'Absolutely buzzing to have signed a five-year deal at Aston Villa. Something I've always dreamed of since I was a young boy [is] to play in the Premier League, it really is a dream come true.

'I can't wait to meet up with the squad, meet everyone around the club and the supporters!

He also paid tribute to his boyhood club Forest, thanking the fans and the club for developing him as a player.

'Turning up at the City Ground as a 17 year old lad. I always dreamed of playing there and to have five amazing years was a real honor. I have so many people to thank.

'Firstly the fans who have been absolutely remarkable, the manager and all his back room staff, my team mates and a special mention to Gary Brazil for giving me the opportunity to play for Forest.

'I wish you all the very best for the up and coming season. There will always be a place in my heart for Forest.

Cash had an impressive campaign with Forest in 2019-20 as he helped them push for a play-off spot as he scored three goals and provided five assists. His displays were recognised by supporters as he won the club's Player of the Year Award.

He emerged from Forest's academy and made his first team debut in August 2016 following a loan spell at Dagenham & Redbridge the previous season. He has made 141 appearances for the club, scoring 13 goals.

Villa have completed their first major signing of the summer with their first game of the season against Sheffield United just over a week away. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8693345/Aston-Villa-announce-16m-signing-Nottingham-Forest-right-Matty-Cash.html

WhiteJC

Premier League 2020-21 season preview No 8: Fulham
As ever, much depends on Aleksandar Mitrovic. More than anything, though, Fulham need to trust in the collective

Guardian writers' predicted position: 19th (NB: this is not necessarily Jacob Steinberg's prediction but the average of our writers' tips)

Last season's position: 4th in Championship

Odds to win the league (via Oddschecker): 1,000-1

Fulham earned the dubious honour of becoming a cautionary tale after winning promotion to the Premier League two seasons ago. Instead of making improvements in a calm and focused manner, they embarked on a disastrous £100m spend, wrecked their team spirit and ended up changing managers twice. Slavisa Jokanovic was the first to go, Claudio Ranieri did not last long after alienating several key players and the damage was already done by the time Scott Parker took caretaker charge in February 2019.

Parker inherited a shambles and he could not save Fulham from an embarrassing relegation. The former England midfielder was blameless, though. He could see where Fulham had gone wrong and he provided a welcome dose of reality, identifying a lack of nous and grit. A losing culture had developed.

Parker set about changing Fulham's mentality. Last season was not perfect and missing out on automatic promotion was disappointing. There were doubts over Parker's tactics at times and a feeling Fulham did not reach their full potential. When it came to the play-offs, however, they held their nerve. Fulham were underdogs when they faced Brentford at Wembley but they shaded the contest, played with more professionalism and edged a tense, ugly contest in extra-time, with Joe Bryan claiming two unlikely goals from left-back.

Fulham were back in the big time. But Parker wants a more level-headed approach. The 39-year-old is not seeking to make drastic changes. He does not want more disharmony. He has brought Tom Cairney, discarded by Ranieri, back into the fold. He has improved Bryan, who struggled in the Premier League last time. He has even revitalised Aboubakar Kamara, who looked to be on the way in 2019.

There will be chances for Jean Michaël Seri and André-Frank Zambo Anguissa, two of those expensive flops from two summers ago, to prove their worth in midfield after returning from loan spells. Yet Parker cannot carry any passengers. He needs a team willing to dig in and work hard. Fulham are still capable of passing sweetly but they need to snarl as well.

A focus on clean sheets is key and it will be interesting to see whether Michael Hector, who has been a rock since joining from Chelsea, can shine at the highest level. Hector's leadership in front of the goalkeeper Marek Rodak will be vital given Denis Odoi, Tim Ream and Maxime Le Marchand did not fare well two seasons ago.

There are obvious areas for Fulham to improve. They do not have to avoid spending simply because they made mistakes in the past. The trick is buying wisely, for the future. Antonee Robinson, signed for £1.9m from Wigan and intent on providing competition for Bryan at left-back, fits that template. Harrison Reed, who impressed on loan last season, will add bite in midfield after an £8m move from Southampton and Mario Lemina has joined on loan from the same club.

Fulham have some decent players, with Josh Onomah keen to impress in midfield after failing to make it at Tottenham. The worry remains that they lack the quality to stay up.

Cairney is a watchable No 10 but will not find as much space against better opponents. Bobby Reid scored five goals when Cardiff fell into the Championship last year, while Ivan Cavaleiro and Anthony Knockaert dropped down a division to join Fulham last summer. Knockaert, the former Brighton winger, has much to prove at this level after Fulham made his loan permanent for £10m.

As ever the pressure is likely to fall on Aleksandar Mitrovic, who has rarely let Fulham down since joining from Newcastle in 2018. The Serbian forward looks more mature than in the past. Yet the 25-year-old, who scored 11 goals when Fulham were relegated, will require good service.

Much depends on Mitrovic. More than anything, though, Fulham need to trust in the collective. They are not good enough to forget about the basics. They will go down if they are not willing to graft. Parker has restored their identity. Another disastrous season awaits if he is unable to keep it in place.

The manager
On the touchline Although Parker is yet to throw himself into a 50-50 tackle when the ball strays towards the dugout, he does not hide his emotions. He is a natty dresser too; a man who appreciates the value of a tie clip.

On Zoom Good luck trying to find anyone with a bad word to say about Parker, who on Wednesday signed a new three-year contract. He is a lovely man and although he can be guarded at times, he let it all pour out after the play-off final.

The key
Mitrovic was was crucial again last season, scoring 26 times. However, he still has a point to prove in the Premier League. Can he produce on a regular basis in the top level? The pressure on him is huge.

The owners
There have been two chaotic relegations from the Premier League since Shahid Khan, an American billionaire who owns the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars, purchased the club from Mohamed Al Fayed in 2013. Khan's son Tony, the vice-chairman and director of football operations, is influential in transfers.

Young blood
Onomah has found it hard to fulfil his potential since breaking through at Tottenham. However the 23-year-old midfielder is a talent. He looks settled at Fulham and scored a stunning goal in the first leg of their play-off semi-final win against Cardiff. He will hope to shine in the Premier League.

New blood
Robinson almost joined Milan in January, only to fail a medical. Then the left-back almost joined Sheffield United this summer, only for Fulham to swoop. The talented American will provide strong competition for Bryan.

Kit story
Formed as Fulham St Andrew's Church Sunday School FC in 1879 and stayed faithful to their black and white colours when Fulham Football Club was born a decade later. The club released a commemorative shirt to celebrate their 140th anniversary last year.

Notes from an empty stadium
Craven Cottage is a small ground and it is not easy making it ready for social distancing measures. However, visiting sides are still able to use the away dressing room and have also been given the press lounge and concourse area in the Johnny Haynes Stand.

Construction at Craven Cottage. Photograph: Adam Davy/PA Images

Euros vision
The squad is not packed with internationals. Their star is Mitrovic, who will be hoping to fire Serbia through the play-offs and into the finals. Serbia face Norway in October. Victory would set up a crunch match against Scotland or Israel.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/sep/03/premier-league-2020-21-season-preview-no-8-fulham

WhiteJC

Taylor-Crossdale poised to join AFC Wimbledon on loan

Fulham forward Martell Taylor-Crossdale is about to join AFC Wimbledon on a season-long loan, according to reports this morning.

The 20 year-old signed a two-year deal at Craven Cottage last summer having been released by near neighbours Chelsea. Crossdale, who featured regularly for England at youth level, made his senior debut in Fulham's League Cup defeat by Southampton in August 2019 but has largely featured for the under-23 side. He scored five times in seventeen appearances for the under 23s last season and Fulham are keen to see him gain first-team football with the Dons in order to further his development.

Taylor-Crossdale was a prolific goalscorer at youth level, winning the golden boot in the 2016/2017 under-18 Premier League. He also scored a hat-trick as Chelsea thrashed Fulham 6-0 in the FA Youth Cup quarter finals in 2018 as the Blues went on to the win the competition and was part of the England under-18 side that won the Toulon Tournament later that summer.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/taylor-crossdale-posed-to-join-afc-wimbledon-on-loan/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=taylor-crossdale-posed-to-join-afc-wimbledon-on-loan

WhiteJC

Report: Spurs would listen to offers for Pochettino signing who impressed last season; former coach wants him

Tottenham Hotspur would listen to offers for Paulo Gazzaniga amid interest from Fulham, according to The Evening Standard.

The newspaper claims Tottenham need to sell before they can buy again, having paid eight-figure fees for Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg and Matt Docherty so far this summer.

And it suggests that while it the right-back, Serge Aurier, who represents Spurs' best chance to raise funds, others such as Gazzaniga could be allowed to leave.

Gazzaniga enjoyed 18 Premier League outings in the absence of Hugo Lloris last season and seemingly impressed his former Tottenham colleague turned Fulham manager, Scott Parker.

But after Joe Hart joined from Burnley last month, Spurs have arguably over-covered their goalkeeping position.

And Gazzaniga may fancy a shot at being Fulham's number one, with none of the Cottagers' current options boasting significant Premier League experience.

It remains to be seen what sort of fee the north London side would seek for Gazzaniga, for whom they paid Southampton an undisclosed amount in 2017.

Tottenham are keen to recoup the £23 million they spent on Aurier that same summer, but neither Bayer Leverkusen nor AC Milan have so far come close to meeting their valuation, according to The Evening Standard.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/03/report-spurs-would-listen-to-offers-for-pochettino-signing-who-impressed-last-season-former-coach-wants-him/

WhiteJC

Signing for Fulham was 'a no-brainer,' says Reed

Harrison Reed says converting his loan stay at Craven Cottage into a permanent move was 'a no-brainer'.

The former Southampton midfielder was finally announced as a permanent Fulham player on Sunday after the newly-promoted Premier League club concluded a £8m deal to make his successful loan switch permanent. The 25 year-old had struggled to make an impact on the first-team picture at St. Mary's, having had three Championship loan spells in the last three seasons, and impressed in Fulham's midfield as the Whites made an immediate return to the Premier League via the play-offs.

Talking to FulhamFCTV, Reed highlighted the role of manager Scott Parker, who signed a new three-year contract yesterday, in convincing him to commit his future to the Cottagers.

"He has been great for me since day one. He spoke to me and his knowledge of the position I play in is unbelievable and he has helped me massively. I had conversations with him during the season and in the off-season about coming back, and he made it a really easy decision for me. I'm really thankful for the faith he has shown in me and I am keen to repay that this season and over the duration of the contract."

Reed, who made 27 appearances at the heart of the Fulham midfield, revealed that he had first considered the possibility of a permanent move to Craven Cottage midway through his loan spell.

"No doubt, I think halfway through the season it felt like somewhere I could call home and speaking to my family and people around me, this was always my first choice to come back. So when I found out that the club wanted to do it, it was a no-brainer for me and it was a matter of time to get it done. I said previously it was time for me to settle down now and call somewhere home and I feel like this is the perfect place for me."

"The manager is a massive part of why I am here and the owner and Tony [Khan], with the ambition they have got, we are a Premier League club now and that's where we want to stay."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/signing-for-fulham-was-a-no-brainer-says-reed/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=signing-for-fulham-was-a-no-brainer-says-reed

WhiteJC

CAMBRIDGE UNITED FIRST CLUB TO WELCOME FANS BACK TO COMPETITIVE FIXTURES

Club Confirm Test Events with Crowds against Fulham U21s and Carlisle United

Next week the Abbey Stadium will be the first ground in England since the Coronavirus outbreak, to host test events with crowds at competitive professional fixtures. These will take place at the two home matches against Fulham U21s on Tuesday 8th September (K.O 7:30pm) in the EFL Trophy and Carlisle United on Saturday 12th September (K.O 3:00pm) in Sky Bet League Two.

The Club has been chosen to host the two test events, having previously been part of a joint project by the EFL and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) that looked at the safe application of social distancing at football grounds.  That work was overseen by crowd dynamics experts Movement Strategies, who will also assess the pilot matches at the Abbey Stadium on behalf of the SGSA and Department of Culture, Media and Sport.

Appropriate measures have been applied at the Abbey Stadium, with both terraces and seating arrangements available. As a result of two fixtures taking place at the same venue in a short period of time, it will allow for any learnings to be implemented quickly under the same conditions.

The match against Fulham U21s will see 1,000 home supporters able to attend in a socially distanced manner in the Newmarket Road End, North Habbin Stand, South Habbin Stand and Mead Plant & Grab Stand.

Meanwhile, the Abbey Stadium will also be staging a full pilot event when the Club host Carlisle United on Saturday 12th September, with Cambridge United able to permit access to 2,500 home supporters across every area of the ground.

Cambridge United CEO Ian Mather commented: "First and foremost, it is a real honour for Cambridge United to be able to represent our fellow professional Football Clubs, and lead the way in the Government and EFL's pilot work to re-introduce supporters to football stadiums at competitive matches across the country.

"For us to be able to welcome our own supporters back to the Abbey Stadium after such a long period away, I'm certain will be welcome news indeed to our fanbase, who have been incredibly supportive throughout the tough period since the Covid-19 outbreak.

"Cambridge United will strive to do everything we can to make these events as safe and successful as they possibly can be, so that we play our part in football supporters up and down the country being able to return to watch their own respective clubs. We have seen throughout this challenging time, the role and impact Football Clubs are able to have in so many people's lives, and we're proud to be at the forefront of the process to allow that to return."

TICKET DETAILS

Fulham U21s

Tickets for Cambridge United's match against Fulham U21s in the EFL Trophy will be on sale from 9am Friday morning, with a priority window for season ticket holders to purchase their place at the first fixture back at the Abbey Stadium. Any remaining tickets will be placed on general sale from 9am Monday morning. 

Carlisle United

The Football Club will communicate details about ticket for the fixture with Carlisle United in due course. This will include full information about the priority window for 2020/21 season ticket holders to secure their places in advance of general sale, as per the two stage process announced last month.

https://www.cambridge-united.co.uk/news/2020/september/test-event-release/

WhiteJC

Premier League terminate largest overseas TV deal in £523million financial blow to clubs

The Chinese streaming service PPTV paid £523million for a three-year deal in 2016, but failed to make their first payment of £160million back in March and six months later have still yet to pay the Premier League

The Premier League have terminated its largest overseas TV contract with the Chinese streaming service, PPTV.

PPTV finalised a £523million for the rights to stream all 380 Premier League games per season in China, for the three years between 2019-22.

But they failed to make their first payment, of £160million, to the Premier League back in March.

Six months down the line, that money has still not been paid.

The Premier League confirmed on Thursday, in a short statement posted on social media: "The Premier League confirms that it has today terminated its agreements for Premier League coverage in China with its licensee in that territory.

"The Premier League will not be commenting further on the matter at this stage."

PPTV are owned by the the Chinese retail giant Suning, who also own CSL side Jiangsu Suning - where it's alleged players have recently gone without payment - and Italian giants Inter Milan. They also boast exclusive rights to Serie A, Ligue 1, La Liga and the Bundesliga.

Suning's turnover in their last financial year was over £28billion - making the apparent failed payment appear to be about more than merely money.

The deal was struck back in 2016, when a number of Chinese companies were diversifying their various portfolios by purchasing English football clubs.

That came as President Xi Jinping led a drive for businesses to invest more in football in a bid to turn the country into a footballing superpower.

President Xi had set a target for the nation to be the world's biggest sports economy by 2025 and PPTV's £523million deal was 12 times more than previous rights holders Super Sports Media were paying.

However, things have greatly changed since then, both in terms of sport and politically - with escalating tensions between the British and Chinese governments.

In July, the Chinese ambassador in London accused Britain of interfering in the country's internal affairs, warning of consequences after a pledge from Prime Minister Boris Johnson to offer UK residency to up to three million Hong Kong residents.

Prior to that declaration, Johnson's decision to block Chinese technology giant Huawei's involvement in the UK's new 5G network had already soured relations between the two nations.

It's claimed by numerous sources that the Chinese company had been looking to renegotiate the deal, at a time when Premier League clubs have already lost in excess of £500million due to coronavirus.

Now the Premier League and its clubs are left facing a further black hole in their finances, after electing to terminate the deal.

Conrad Wiacek, Head of Analysis and Consulting at GlobalData Sport, says: "The cancellation of the Premier League's largest overseas TV deal with China's PPTV  will come as a shock to the Premier League and may suggest that further hard times are on the way.

"With the next Premier League rights cycle due to begin in 2022, the league will be looking at new options in a bid to shore up its international rights portfolio.

"The league generates in excess of £6.7bn per rights cycle from its overseas rights, in addition to the £5bn domestic rights market - with the deal with PPTV its largest individual international rights deal.

"With heightened political tensions impacting UK/Chinese relations, this termination may be seen as an extension of this political battle."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-terminate-largest-overseas-22623287

WhiteJC

EFL to trial return of supporters in two test events at Cambridge United
Sky Bet League Two game between Cambridge United and Carlisle United on September 12 will allow fan attendance

Cambridge United's Abbey Stadium will stage two test events trialling the return of supporters in line with the government's pilot scheme.

The EFL Trophy fixture against Fulham U21s (1,000 capacity) on September 8, and the opening Sky Bet League Two game of the 2020/21 season against Carlisle United (2,500 capacity) on September 12 will allow fan attendance.

Cambridge United have been chosen to host the two test events, having previously been part of a joint project by the EFL and the Sports Grounds Safety Authority (SGSA) that looked at the safe application of social distancing at football grounds.

Appropriate measures have been applied at the Abbey Stadium, with both terraces and seating arrangements available.

The two fixtures have been scheduled at the same venue in a short period of time, to allow for any learnings to be implemented quickly under the same conditions.

The insight received from this initial phase of matches taking place will test the application of the government's and SGSA's guidance for social distancing at sports grounds.

Cambridge United have yet to confirm the allocation and ticketing process for both fixtures.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11750/12062584/efl-to-trial-return-of-supporters-in-two-test-events-at-cambridge-united

WhiteJC

Aston Villa And Fulham Looking To Hijack West Brom's Grady Diangana Swoop

Aston Villa and Fulham are looking to hijack West Brom's swoop for West Ham United starlet Grady Diangana, according to Sky Sports News.

It emerged on Wednesday that Premier League newcomers West Brom have had an initial offer of £12m accepted by West Ham for Diangana.

The Hammers are claimed to be in line to earn as much as £18m from selling the winger to their league rivals.

However, the Baggies still have some more work to do before they can claim Diangana to be theirs as Aston Villa and Fulham are interested in the youngster.

The Premier League duo could still serve a blow to West Brom and scupper their deal with West Ham for Diangana.

Aston Villa and Fulham are in talks with the Hammers in an attempt to reach an agreement for the signature of the 22-year-old.

Dutch Eredivisie outfit Ajax are only keen on taking Diangana to the Netherlands, but would have to sell players first before making a move for the West Ham star.

If any of his suitors manage to strike a deal with West Ham, it would be then down to Diangana to choose his next destination when he discusses personal terms.

https://insidefutbol.com/2020/09/03/aston-villa-and-fulham-looking-to-hijack-west-broms-grady-diangana-swoop/470624/

WhiteJC

Grady Diangana: West Brom agree deal for West Ham forward
West Ham expected to make a formal offer for Brentford winger Said Benrahma once they sell Diangana; deal could eclipse the £15m West Brom spent on Oliver Burke in 2017

West Brom have agreed a deal to sign West Ham forward Grady Diangana for a fee which could rise to a club-record £18m.

England U21 international Diangana spent last season on loan at The Hawthorns, providing eight goals and seven assists as he helped the Baggies secure promotion to the Premier League after two years of absence.

The 22-year-old has been given permission to speak to West Brom, and is yet to complete a medical and agree personal terms.

The deal includes an initial £12m fee and £6m in performance-related bonuses, which if fulfilled, would make the deal eclipse the £15m West Brom spent for Oliver Burke in 2017.

West Brom want to finalise the deal before their season opener against Leicester on September 13 as there are other Premier League clubs who remain interested.

Diangana played 30 games in the Championship while on loan at The Hawthorns, scoring eight goals - including a crucial one on the final day of the season against QPR which ultimately saw West Brom keep their place in the top two.

Meanwhile, the Hammers are poised to make a formal offer for Brentford's Benrahma, once Diangana is sold.

A number of Premier League clubs, including Aston Villa, are interested in Benrahma but Brentford have yet to receive an official bid for the player, who they value at over £25m.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/12061722/grady-diangana-aston-villa-and-fulham-enter-race-to-sign-west-brom-target-from-west-ham

WhiteJC

Harrison Reed makes big Mario Lemina claim to excite Fulham fans after transfer from Southampton

Harrison Reed joined Fulham from Southampton in a permanent transfer after impressing on loan last season, with former Saints team-mate Mario Lemina also joining Scott Parker's side

Harrison Reed has described Southampton midfielder Mario Lemina as one of the best midfielders he has played with.

The pair have been reunited at Fulham, after Reed recently joined Scott Parker's men on a permanent deal following a loan spell last season, while Lemina has moved to west London on a season-long loan from Southampton.

Reed and Lemina have trained and played alongside each other during their time together in pre-seasons at Southampton, with both players then spending last season out on loan, to Fulham and Galatasaray respectively.

But now, they could line up alongside each other in the Premier League for Fulham having both joined Parker's newly-promoted side ahead of the 2020/21 season.

And Reed is excited about the prospect of playing in the same side as Lemina after the pair both signed for Fulham from Southampton.

"He is a great player, I spent a little bit of time with him in pre-season and he has got bundles of ability," Reed said of Lemina, speaking to Fulham's FFC TV.

"He is probably one of the best midfielders I have played with and trained with, so it is an exciting signing."

Lemina has played 52 times for Southampton since joining from Juventus in 2017, with the Gabon international scoring two goals for Saints.

However, he has not featured for Southampton since a 3-0 defeat at West Ham United in May 2019, with the 27-year-old spending last season on loan in Turkey, scoring one goal in 28 appearances for Galatasaray.

As part of the loan deal agreed with Southampton, Fulham have the option to buy Lemina next summer.

https://www.hampshirelive.news/sport/football/football-news/harrison-reed-mario-lemina-claim-4481508

WhiteJC

'Game-changer' - Why Grady Diangana is being chased by West Brom, Aston Villa and Fulham

West Brom have agreed a deal for Grady Diangana, but there's competition from Aston Villa, Fulham and more

Saturday August 17, 2019. A date indelibly imprinted in the history of one star in stripes.

With his new-look team trailing 1-0 at a sun-soaked Kenilworth Road, Slaven Bilic looked to his bench for inspiration. What he found was a short-term fix and a long-term solution.

Kyle Edwards was replaced at half time by Grady Diangana. Six minutes later West Bromwich Albion were in front.

On his first league start for the Baggies, Diangana turned the match on its head with two goals in three minutes.

The first a superlative strike from 25 yards after Diangana had dropped his shoulder to create a yard of space.

The second was all about improvisation as the West Ham loanee arced his run before brilliantly redirecting Filip Krovinovic's deflected effort past the Luton goalkeeper.

Diangana would have added an assist to his flawless Championship bow had Charlie Austin not rattled the post from his inch-perfect cross.

The youngster was equally impressive after the match as he spoke about his passion for painting and the importance of having his family in attendance, as they were when he bagged a brace in his first game for West Ham's senior side in September 2018.

It was a performance that set the tone for a fabulous loan on a par with that of Harvey Barnes' temporary switch from Leicester City the previous season.

That Albion's season went so badly off the rails after Diangana's hamstring injury was testament to his wing wizardry and creative influence as a game-changer.

His rare ability to beat defenders on the outside and in, his imagination in and out of possession, his eye for goal and his unwavering desire to help the team.

West Brom failed to win any of the five league games Diangana missed after being forced off early into the 3-2 win at Birmingham City last December. A game in which he opened the scoring.

His comeback against Stoke in late January lasted only four minutes and ended in another defeat for Bilic's Baggies.

Diangana did not feature again until exactly five months later, ironically against Birmingham in the first match after the restart.

Three goals in the final nine games, including an all-important contribution in the last-day draw against QPR, emphasised his value, his commitment to the cause and ultimately dragged Albion's promotion push over the line.

Little wonder Baggies fans have been so overjoyed by reports West Brom and West Ham have reached agreement for the 22-year-old's permanent transfer to The Hawthorns. His achievements and impact are still so fresh in the memory.

That West Ham supporters have reacted with such fury over a player who has not donned claret and sky blue competitively for 16 months speaks volumes about how highly thought of he is.

True, he's come through the academy after joining as a 12-year-old and is one of their own. But civic pride will only go so far.

The uproar, with one Hammers fan suggesting the hierarchy had 'declared war' on supporters by apparently allowing Diangana to leave, stems from the potential they have seen in him from a tender age and what they perceive to be another example of gross mismanagement at the very top.

If there's truth to reports Hammers boss David Moyes wants the England Under-21 international to stay, and that Diangana feels the same way, something has gone seriously wrong within the corridors of power at West Ham.

Not that Albion will be complaining. West Ham's loss could be their gain. It could also be Aston Villa, Fulham, Ajax, PSV or Celtic's gain too with each club having expressed a serious interest.

Not least the Premier League pair who are understood to have opened talks in a bid to hijack West Brom's approach.

But, as things stand, West Brom appear to be in the driving seat having had a bid, that could rise to a club-record £18 million, accepted for the mercurial wide man.

Even in today's Covid-hit market that would represent astonishing business for a player who will surely earn full England honours in the not-too-distant future and whose presence could make or break Albion's survival bid.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/game-changer-why-grady-diangana-18869601

WhiteJC

Fulham make offer for forward, Brighton consider it and three other PL clubs 'on the prowl'

Following a very disappointing league campaign last season by their standards, Lyon are determined to turn things around, with a few players expected to leave this summer.

Among those is Bertrand Traoré, a 24-year-old winger who knows England well from his time at Chelsea, where he played before moving to the French club in 2017 for £9m.

His availability on the transfer market hasn't gone unnoticed on this side of the Channel, as Foot Mercato in France claim Fulham, Brighton & Hove Albion, Newcastle, Everton and Crystal Palace are all interested in his services.

Each club's desire to sign him at this stage differs somewhat, with one club in particular already making the first move: the Cottagers.

According to the French website, Scott Parker's side have presented Lyon with a first 'firm bid' for the Burkina Faso international, but it was 'very far' from what the Ligue 1 club are expecting, which is €25m.

Brighton, down their end, are said to be 'very interested', but 'are yet to submit an offer' to try and bring him to the Amex Stadium.

As for the rest, meaning Newcastle, Everton and Crystal Palace, they are described as 'on the prowl' but also 'preferring to give themselves time', seemingly in no rush to make a move for the player, although that could change for the Eagles should Wilfried Zaha move elsewhere.

Down the player's end, Foot Mercato explain Traoré is 'patiently waiting' for the situation to develop and keeps training as usual with Lyon.

Aware he doesn't fit into Rudi Garcia's tactical plans, the winger 'see his future more and more away from the Groupama Stadium, with a hopeful landing spot on the other side of the Channel'.

With five clubs interested, there's a good chance of that happening, but a lot could end up depending on whether or not Lyon decide to lower their asking price, because clubs such as Everton (who are already spending a bunch of money on their midfield) and Newcastle (not exactly flowing with spare cash) might not be willing to go too high when it comes to a player of Traoré's ilk.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-make-offer-forward-brighton-consider-three-pl-clubs-prowl/

WhiteJC

Leicester City Not In Mix For Forward, Other Premier League Sides Keen

Leicester City have dropped their interest in signing Lyon forward Bertrand Traore, who has firm interest from Fulham.

Traore could be on the move from Lyon in the transfer window this summer and has attracted interest from a host of Premier League sides.

Fulham have made a bid for the former Chelsea man, while Crystal Palace, Everton and Newcastle United are all monitoring the situation.

Leicester have been linked with Traore, but according to French outlet Foot Mercato, the Foxes are no longer in the race for the player.

The Premier League side have cooled their interest in Traore and will not be making a move to take him to the King Power Stadium.

Lyon are prepared to let the 24-year-old move on and have slapped an asking price of €25m for him, a price which Fulham have yet to get near.

Traore is waiting to see what happens and has not relaxed his efforts in training, despite seeing his future away from Lyon.

Lyon paid €9m to snap up Traore three years ago and are eyeing a healthy profit.

https://insidefutbol.com/2020/09/03/leicester-city-not-in-mix-for-forward-other-premier-league-sides-keen/470693/

WhiteJC

Fulham's Timmy Abraham Forced Into Self-isolation After Tammy's Trip To

Timmy Abraham, the younger brother of Chelsea striker Tammy, has been forced into self-isolation as a side effect of the coronavirus outbreak at Chelsea, according to The Sun.

Timmy has been told not to report for training at Fulham after his brother was put into self-isolation following his trip to the Greek island of Mykonos before the start of pre-season training.

The former Charlton Athletic striker is being kept at home as a precaution.

Timmy Abraham was a second half substitute as Fulham development squad recorded a 2-0 win against Crystal Palace in a pre-season friendly on Tuesday evening.

The 19-year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Bristol Rovers and went on to make four appearances for the club in League One before the season was curtailed.

Eligible for England and Nigeria, the uncapped Abraham met with Nigeria Football Federation supremo Amaju Pinnick in September 2017, but has yet to be called up to any of the national teams.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37262

WhiteJC

Premier League clubs vote against five subs rule; three from seven to be used in 2020/21
Proposal put forward to again increase number of substitutions to five this season, with total of nine players on bench but motion did not get required 14 votes

Premier League clubs have voted against using five substitutes in the 2020/21 season at a shareholders meeting.

It was initially agreed in August the five subs rule - introduced after Premier League football resumed last season - would be scrapped and they would revert to a maximum of three changes during games.

A proposal was put forward to again increase the number of substitutions to five, with a total of nine players on the bench but the motion did not get the required 14 votes, so next season remains at three replacements from seven named on a matchday.

Last season, as the clubs prepared for Project Restart amid coronavirus lockdown restrictions, it was agreed to allow five substitutions and to increase the matchday squad from 18 to 20 to help players deal with so many games in such a short period of time.

The meeting also agreed the preferred option is to play the season out to a conclusion if there was to be a second wave, but despite what have been described as "positive conversations," nothing has yet been officially added to the rule book.

There has to be a threshold of how many games it would take for a season to be considered a season, at which point a points-per-game scenario is one of options on table. This discussion is ongoing and will be revisited at a later date.

The consultation regarding anti-racism measures is ongoing, with dialogue continuing with the captains' group, as well as the Black Player Advisory Group, which was set up last year.

Drinks breaks will no longer feature midway through the first and second halves of matches.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12062269/premier-league-clubs-vote-against-five-subs-rule-three-from-seven-to-be-used-in-2020-21

WhiteJC

Taylor-Crossdale poised to join AFC Wimbledon on loan

Fulham forward Martell Taylor-Crossdale is about to join AFC Wimbledon on a season-long loan, according to reports this morning.

The 20 year-old signed a two-year deal at Craven Cottage last summer having been released by near neighbours Chelsea. Crossdale, who featured regularly for England at youth level, made his senior debut in Fulham's League Cup defeat by Southampton in August 2019 but has largely featured for the under-23 side. He scored five times in seventeen appearances for the under 23s last season and Fulham are keen to see him gain first-team football with the Dons in order to further his development.

Taylor-Crossdale was a prolific goalscorer at youth level, winning the golden boot in the 2016/2017 under-18 Premier League. He also scored a hat-trick as Chelsea thrashed Fulham 6-0 in the FA Youth Cup quarter finals in 2018 as the Blues went on to the win the competition and was part of the England under-18 side that won the Toulon Tournament later that summer.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/taylor-crossdale-posed-to-join-afc-wimbledon-on-loan/

WhiteJC

Mitrovic voted Fulham's player of the season

Serbian striker Aleksandar Mitrovic has been voted Fulham's player of the season after his 26 goals helped power the Whites to promotion.

The talismanic forward took almost a third of the fans' votes, with goalkeeper Marek Rodak coming in second and midfielder Harrison Reed, who confirmed his permanent move from Southampton on Sunday, rounding off the top three.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/mitrovic-voted-fulhams-player-of-the-season/

WhiteJC

Fulham bid for Traore rejected

Fulham have had an offer for Lyon forward Bertrand Traore rejected, according to reports in France.

Scott Parker's side had submitted what they considered 'a fair offer' for the former Chelsea winger, but Lyon – who are eager to sell the 24 year-old this summer – turned it down and are believed to be holding out for a fee that meets their £22m valuation. Fulham are just one of a number of English clubs reportedly keen on offering Traore the chance to return to the Premier League, with Brighton, Newcastle, Everton and Crystal Palace apparently closing monitoring developments.

The Burkina Faso international, who came through the Auxerre academy before moving to Chelsea, has scored 33 goals in 125 appearances for Lyon and was part of the side that helped the French club go all the way to the Champions' League final earlier this month, although he was a substitute for the latter stages of the competition. It remains to be seen whether Fulham will return with an improved offer for the winger in the days ahead.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulham-bid-for-traore-rejected/