more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Fulham Stuff - 06/09/20...

Started by WhiteJC, September 05, 2020, 10:39:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

ONOMAH: I'VE GOT A POINT TO PROVE

Having spent more than half his life at Tottenham Hotspur, Josh Onomah cannot wait to face Arsenal next week.

Fulham kick-off the 2020/21 Premier League campaign with a televised London derby against the Gunners, a fixture that Onomah is anxious to sink his teeth into.

"Arsenal is definitely a good one to look forward to," he told fulhamfc.com. "I was at Spurs for more than 14 years and obviously I grew to have a lot of love for the club, so playing Arsenal – from my youth days all the way up to the first team – was always a big game.

"I'll definitely be taking momentum from that into the first game.

"They won the FA Cup Final and they just won the Community Shield, so they're on top form. But we're in one of the best leagues in the world now, so you're going to play the best teams.

"We've just got to take that challenge in our stride and hopefully we'll come off the pitch as the winning side next Saturday.

"As it's the early kick-off, most people – if not everyone – will be watching, so we've got to show what we're capable of, stamp our authority, and show that we are a Premier League club."

Onomah has already sampled top flight football, but as each of his 13 appearances for Tottenham came as a substitute, surely he's champing at the bit for another crack at the Premier League?

"Yeah, 100 per cent," he said. "At Spurs I made just over 10 appearances but they were off the bench, so this time around I'm looking forward to showing everyone what I can do in the Prem.

"I've got a point to prove and I look forward to the challenge."

The new season comes just 39 days after the Play-Off Final, a match in which Onomah was one of our key performers, causing Brentford's backline no end of problems, particularly in the opening stages.

"At the start of the game I was bubbling with excitement to try and make an impact, and think I had about four or five chances in the first 20 minutes!" he recalled.

"I was unfortunate not to score with one of them but thankfully it didn't matter in the end.

"It was a place I'd been before two years ago when I lost to Fulham when I was at Aston Villa, so I just wanted to win.

"Winning at Wembley is an incredible feeling. It's a shame the fans weren't there to share that moment with us, but I know they were all watching so I'm just glad we could give them something to smile about.

"It's finally sunk in, now we're back at the Training Ground preparing for the new season, but it took a few weeks for it to sink in.

"It was a proud moment for me but now I'm just excited for the new season."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/september/Onomah-I-ve-Got-A-Point-To-Prove/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham in talks to sign Ola Aina

Fulham are in talks to sign Torino defender Ola Aina this summer, according to reports from The Times.

The Cottagers once again have been very active in the summer transfer window following their return to the Premier League.

Scott Parker has made four signings already, but it seems he is still looking to add more bodies before the start of the new season.

The Fulham boss wants to add quality and depth to his newly-promoted side, and has earmarked Aina as a potential option.

The Nigeria International has excelled since moving to Torino. He played 32 times in Serie A last term.

The former Chelsea defender has caught the attention of Parker with his strong performance last season. The report claims that Fulham are now in talks to sign the 14-times capped international.

Aina is a versatile player and can play a variety of defensive roles.

The report also adds that Fulham defender Alfie Mawson is expected to move on loan to Bristol City this weekend.

According to reports from Bristol Live, the Championship club have made a major breakthrough in the transfer market as they look to recruit a central defender.

The Robins are closing in on the signing of Mawson with the 26-year-old looking to leave Craven Cottage for more first-team opportunities.

https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-in-talks-to-sign-ola-aina/311807/

WhiteJC

Catch 22: Parker's Impossible Problem

Scott Parker must feel some solidarity with Yossarian, the protagonist of Joseph Heller's Catch 22. You might know the bind of the novel: Any WW2 pilot who wanted to fly a mission must be insane, and was therefore prohibited from flying. Paradoxically, any man who recognised the danger and tried to opt out, must be of sound mind and was required to fly. "That's some catch, that Catch 22..."

What is Scott Parker's Catch 22? Simple. On one hand, he faces pressure to avoid the mistakes of last promotion, avoid bringing in eleven new players, and to show faith in the team who defeated Bren(t)ford at Wembley. All the while, he has a thin squad, which needs reinforcements across the park. Can you spot the paradox here? Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Too many signings spoils the broth.
The transfer window of 2018 was euphoric. Need I remind you of the fanfare of signing Seri, a man once described by Xavi as having 'Barca DNA'? Or perhaps the jubilation of bringing in both Fabri and Sergio Rico? Yet when our fanciful dreams of Europa League football began to deteriorate, and it became evident we were in a relegation scrap, many of us began to wonder whether the transplanting of eleven new players had ruined whatever identity we had created the previous season. The grumblings became more pronounced; "why aren't we playing KMac, Stef Jo?" "Why aren't we rewarding the players who got us here?" Whether this would have made a difference is anyone's guess. But what is certain is that Scott needs to avoid repeating that same mistake. Given that 2018/19 is still fresh in the mind of pundits and commentators alike, he will be lambasted for going through the same motions that saw a swashbuckling Fulham side become the league punching bag. Too many signings spoil the broth, as they say.

A squad in need of many signings.
There is something romantic about keeping the core of the team the same and giving them the shot in the prem which they have deserved. However, stop and consider Fulham's squad depth for just a second:

GK: Rodak, Fabri, Betts, Archer,

RB: Odoi, Christie, Sess

CB: Hector, Mawson, Ream, MLM

LB: Bryan, Robinson, Odoi

I've got no complaints about our plethora of keeping options, but the right back position is looking suspect. I love Denis Odoi more than a grown man should love a footballer, but for Fulham to stop shipping cheap goals, we need to bring in someone who is going to steady the defence against the likes of Aguero, Kane or (God help us) Messi. Similarly, we only have one centre back who inspires confidence, and three who have been exposed in the league before (presuming MLM still exists somewhere in a cupboard at Motspur Park). Reinforcements are sorely needed across the backline.

CDM: Anguissa, KMac, and Reed

CM: Cairney, Onomah, Stef Jo, Decordova-Reid, Lemina

Probably good here.

Wingers: Cav, Knockaert, Kebano

Strikers: Mitrovic, AK

Ignoring what an injury to Mitro would mean, these wingers are largely toothless. Knockaert scored one goal for every thousand minutes (and this in the Championship) and Neeskens won hearts after three strong performances, but it comes after years of being somewhat unremarkable.

Parker cannot afford to 'strengthen' this Fulham squad by looking for players who are content to sit on the bench behind the likes of Christie or Knockers. It must be players who will start. But we are talking about at least four to five new starters. This is beginning to sound dangerously like 2018...

Scott's Catch 22
So, Scott has an impossible task: honour the team that got us promoted, and at the same time reinforce a dangerously thin squad. If he does the former, questions will be asked as to why we didn't reinforce those areas your Da was complaining about in the pub. If he does the latter, your Da will lament that 'we didn't learn our lesson from last time!'

Scott either goes down with his ship, or sits on the deck of the radically refurbished HMS Piss Our Way To 17th.

"That's some catch, that Catch 22."

https://www.fulhamish.co.uk/post/2020-09-05-catch-22-parkers-impossible-problem/

WhiteJC

Nottingham Forest want ex-Wigan Athletic and Fulham loan man

Nottingham Forest are interested in Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo, according to a report by Goal.

The Reds are looking to lure the 23-year-old to the City Ground on loan for the upcoming season.

Ojo, who is an ex-England Under-21 international, is likely to be allowed to leave the Premier League champions again for more first-team opportunities.

The London-born man spent the last campaign on loan at Rangers and made 33 appearances in all competitions for Steven Gerrard's side, chipping in with five goals.

Ojo started his career at MK Dons but was snapped up by Liverpool as a youngster in 2011. He has since gone onto play 13 times for their senior side, but has spent a lot of his time at Anfield so far out on loan.

His first taste of first-team football came on loan at Wigan Athletic in the 2014/15 season in the Championship. He was then loaned in by Wolves for the campaign after and bagged three goals in 19 matches for the Molinuex club.

Ojo's last taste of playing in the second tier came at Fulham three years ago and he has since had stints in France at Stade de Reims and Scotland with Rangers last term.

He could now return to the Championship with Forest eager to bring him in. Sabri Lamouchi's men have been busy so far this summer and have signed Jack Colback, Tyler Blackett, Luke Freeman, Fouad Bachirou, Miguel Guerrero and Lyle Taylor.

https://the72.co.uk/190671/nottingham-forest-want-ex-wigan-athletic-and-fulham-loan-man/

WhiteJC

Bristol City set to complete temporary move for 27-y/o defender

Bristol City are closing in on securing the signing of Fulham defender Alfie Mawson in a deal which would see the defender head on loan to Ashton Gate, according to The Athletic journalist Adam Leventhal.

Mawson was largely on the fringes of Fulham's first team last term as they went onto secure promotion back to the Premier League, but the former Swansea City centre-back did make 27 league appearances despite finding himself behind both Tim Ream and Michael Hector in the pecking order.

Bristol City are in need of adding to their defensive options as Dean Holden looks to get the Robins challenging more consistently for a top six finish, and Mawson is a player with plenty of experience who could come in and add some real quality to their options ahead of the start of the Championship campaign.

It is thought that Bristol City have beaten off competition from Watford for Mawson's signature, and the defender will now arrive at Ashton Gate on a loan deal until the end of the campaign to go and get more regular game time.

The verdict

This would be a very encouraging signing for Bristol City with Mawson a player who would arrive with plenty of experience and quality to offer, as well as being a player who will be fully motivated to prove a few doubters wrong after what has been a challenging spell with Fulham

Bristol City look like an ideal place for Mawson to get back to his best and he will be aiming to show the same sort of form that he did during his impressive spell with Swansea, and if he can do that he could have a major part to play in helping the Robins find greater consistency in the coming season.

The fact that there was plenty of competition for Mawson's signature highlights how much potential the centre-back possess, and Holden and Bristol City look to have done well to ensure that they have convinced the defender to spend the campaign with them.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/bristol-city-set-to-complete-temporary-move-for-27-y-o-defender/

WhiteJC

'Playing Arsenal Was Always A Big Game' - Spurs Product Onomah Ahead Of

2017 England U20 World Cup-winning midfielder of Nigerian descent, Josh Onomah is looking forward to playing against Arsenal in Fulham's Premier League opener next weekend and one of the reasons has to do with his past with the Gunners' fierce rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

Onomah expects Mikel Arteta's side to be difficult opponents and highlighted that they won the Emirates FA Cup and Community Shield.

Of his thirteen appearances to date in the Premier League, one was against Arsenal, back in the 2015-2016 season when he was introduced in the closing minutes as a replacement for Christian Eriksen as the two north London clubs shared the spoils with a 1-1 draw.

"Arsenal is definitely a good one to look forward to," Onomah said to Fulham's official website.

"I was at Spurs for more than 14 years and obviously I grew to have a lot of love for the club, so playing Arsenal – from my youth days all the way up to the first team – was always a big game.

"I'll definitely be taking momentum from that into the first game.

"They won the FA Cup Final and they just won the Community Shield, so they're on top form. But we're in one of the best leagues in the world now, so you're going to play the best teams.

"We've just got to take that challenge in our stride and hopefully we'll come off the pitch as the winning side next Saturday."

If Onomah is named in the starting lineup against Arsenal, it will be his full debut in the Premier League having played as a substitute in his previous appearances while wearing the colours of Tottenham Hotspur.

Igho Kingsley

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37283

WhiteJC

Medical booked: Bristol City agree to sign £25K-a-week star who cost £20m in 2018 – Sources

Bristol City have agreed terms to sign Alfie Mawson on a season-long loan deal from Fulham, Football Insider understands.

As revealed by Football Insider last month, Watford had opened talks with the Cottagers to take the 26-year-old to Vicarage Road on a temporary basis.

However, a source at Ashton Gate has told Football Insider that Bristol City have agreed a deal which will see the Robins pay Mawson's £25,000-a-week wages in full and that a medical is scheduled to take place over the next 48 hours.

Mawson cost Fulham £20million to sign from Swansea back in the summer of 2018 but injuries have plagued his time at Craven Cottage.

He started last season as a mainstay for manager Scott Parker and featured in the first 25 games of the club's Championship season.

However, he was forced to undergo surgery on a knee injury back in January and failed to play again for the rest of the season.

He has a total of 44 appearances under his belt for Parker's side, which includes 15 Premier League outings during the 2018/19 campaign.

The London-born centre-back is now set for a return back to the Championship after Fulham gave his temporary departure the green light following promotion.

Bristol City manager Dean Holden has already brought veteran forward Chris Martin and former Wigan midfielder Joe Williams in at Ashton Gate as the club look to push on from their 12th-placed finish last season.

Mawson is set to take Bailey Wright's place in the Robins' squad after the centre-back left for Sunderland on a free transfer.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/medical-booked-bristol-city-agree-to-sign-25k-a-week-star-who-cost-20m-in-2018-sources/

WhiteJC

Fulham up bid for midfielder by €2m – Facing serious competition from Italy

Fulham have made a loan bid to sign Benfica midfielder Florentino Luis as they continue to build their squad for the Premier League this summer.

The Cottagers have long been linked with the Portuguese youngster, with numerous reports in Portugal over the last two weeks indicating negotiations were underway.

The last we heard of their interest was on the 31st August, with a report in Record stating that they had made an offer to loan him for the campaign with an €18m purchase option included.

That report stated that they would be back with a bigger offer to try and tempt Benfica into a sale and that now appears to have happened.

According to Gazzetta Dello Sport, Fulham have now offered a loan deal with a €20m purchase option included, so a €2m increase from their last bid.

How this has been received by the Liga Nos side isn't mentioned, with the newspaper only revealing the information because AC Milan are looking at the player as an alternative to Chelsea's Tiemoue Bakayoko.

However, it's probably safe to assume Benfica have dismissed it out of hand.

They've consistently stated they want Luis' €40m release clause to be met if they are to sell him this summer.

Fulham's latest bid is obviously nowhere near that, and they may want to consider upping it considerably, with Gazzetta also claiming that Milan have already met with Luis' agent about a possible move.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulham-bid-benfica-florentino-luis-loan-20m-transfer/

WhiteJC

Onomah wants to prove himself in Premier League

Josh Onomah admits he has unfinished business in the top flight and wants to prove himself worthy of a place in the Premier League as the start of Fulham's new season approaches.

Onomah, long heralded as one of the best talents to come out of the Tottenham academy in recent years, struggled to establish himself at White Hart Lane, making just thirteen league appearances in four years with the club, before moving on to Craven Cottage last summer. The 23 year-old still feels he has something to prove at the highest level and is relishing the opportunity of making an impact with Fulham. He told Fulham's official website this morning:

Yeah, 100 per cent. At Spurs I made just over 10 appearances but they were off the bench, so this time around I'm looking forward to showing everyone what I can do in the Prem. I've got a point to prove and I look forward to the challenge.

For a former Tottenham player, there's no better fixture to kick off the new campaign with than against Arsenal. Onomah knows it will be a tough start but he's relishing the challenge.

Arsenal is definitely a good one to look forward to. I was at Spurs for more than 14 years and obviously I grew to have a lot of love for the club, so playing Arsenal – from my youth days all the way up to the first team – was always a big game. I'll definitely be taking momentum from that into the first game.

They won the FA Cup Final and they just won the Community Shield, so they're on top form. But we're in one of the best leagues in the world now, so you're going to play the best teams. We've just got to take that challenge in our stride and hopefully we'll come off the pitch as the winning side next Saturday. As it's the early kick-off, most people – if not everyone – will be watching, so we've got to show what we're capable of, stamp our authority, and show that we are a Premier League club.

Onomah admits it took a while for Fulham's play-off success against Brentford at Wembley to sink it – and, reflecting on the game, he remains disappointed that he didn't put away a couple of early chances to give the Whites the perfect start.

At the start of the game I was bubbling with excitement to try and make an impact, and think I had about four or five chances in the first 20 minutes! I was unfortunate not to score with one of them but thankfully it didn't matter in the end.

It was a place I'd been before two years ago when I lost to Fulham when I was at Aston Villa, so I just wanted to win. Winning at Wembley is an incredible feeling. It's a shame the fans weren't there to share that moment with us, but I know they were all watching so I'm just glad we could give them something to smile about.

It's finally sunk in, now we're back at the training ground preparing for the new season, but it took a few weeks for it to sink in. It was a proud moment for me but now I'm just excited for the new season.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/onomah-wants-to-prove-himself-in-premier-league/

WhiteJC

Lyon reject Fulham's bid for Bertrand Traore

Lyon have reportedly rejected Fulham's opening bid for Bertrand Traore.

According to Foot Mercato, the English Premier League club are interested in signing the Burkina Faso international who is vauled at around €25 million by the French club.

The London club are reportedly among a host of Premier League teams keen on landing the 24-year-old with Brighton, Newcastle United, Everton and Crystal Palace also being linked with his services.

Traore joined Lyon from Chelsea on a permanent deal three years ago, having spent time on-loan at Vitesse Arnhem and Ajax Amsterdam.

He scored four goals in 35 appearances across all competitions for Lyon last season, but has struggled to break into the starting eleven of late and was an unused substitute in the club's 4-1 win over Dijon last Friday.

Fulham booked their return to England's top-flight following playoff victory over Brentford.

https://africanfootball.com//news/780303/Lyon-reject-Fulhams-bid-for-Bertrand-Traore

WhiteJC

Fulham U23s thump QPR

Fulham's under-23s continued their fine pre-season form with a 4-0 thrashing of Queens Park Rangers this afternoon.

Strikes from Jay Stansfield, Connor McAvoy, Jean-Pierre Tiehi and a late own goal secured a comfortable win over our near neighbours. The Whites began brightly with Stansfield bursting towards the edge of the box and firing fractionally wide inside the first couple of minutes. Ollie O'Neill failed to convert a one-one-one with the QPR goalkeeper but Fulham's early pressure eventually paid dividends on 27 minutes.

Midfielder Adrion Pajaziti produced a peach of a cross to pick out the unmarked Stansfield, who headed home with a minimum of fuss. Rangers' own opportunities were few and far between in a first half that Fulham dominated but Luca Ashby-Hammond was called upon to make a smart save just before the break.

The Whites doubled their lead shortly after half-time, with Pajaziti the provider again. This time he found Conor McAvoy with a fine corner and the Scottish centre back soared high to head home a second. Tiehi, who has been in sensational form so far this summer, grabbed his customary goal when he fired home following a spot of pinball in the box after a corner wasn't fully cleared and a late own goal rounded off the scoring.

FULHAM U23s: L. Ashby-Hammond; Larkeche, Ameyaw, Mundle-Smith, McAvoy; O'Neill, Hilton, Harris, Pajaziti; Stansfield, Tiehi. Subs: T. Ashby-Hammond, Odutayo, Duru, Biereth, Abraham.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulham-u23s-thump-qpr/

WhiteJC

One week to go

The countdown is on. Scott Parker now has less than a week to put his final plans in place ahead of our Premier League opener with Arsenal at the Cottage. I'm excited about football being back, but I reckon it doesn't compare to how I'd feel if I knew that I'd be walking through the turnstiles next Saturday morning. I pretty much miss everything about it. The smell of the burger vans, the busyness in the pubs and streets pre-game , the sounds of the fans milling around the stadium. And then there's the actual football. It's funny how it can be the worst bit sometimes! But the overall match day experience is something that I miss greatly.

Football just isn't the same. On a slightly happier note, it looks as though we will have a decision on whether or not every game will be televised in some way. The relevant authorities at first said that it wouldn't happen but after consultation with the FSA and the Department for Culture, Media and Sport there's a chance that we will have a U-turn on that decision. It definitely makes a difference getting to at least watch the games on TV as football in the Premier League is running the risk of creating even more of a gap between clubs and their fans.

But anyway, less of my musings and on to the football.

We've been given a very tough opening fixture in Arsenal. They are undergoing a bit of a revival under Mikel Arteta and, unless something dramatic happens in the next 7 days, we will be facing one of the best strikers in the league in Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. Arsenal also have a wealth of young talent in the likes of Bukayo Saka, Reiss Nelson and Eddie Nketiah. Our back line, which is still looking far too weak for my liking, could be in for a tough afternoon. On the flip side, Arsenal have their own defensive frailties, and if I had David Luiz in my team I think I'd be in heart attack territory every week.

For Fulham, I'm hoping that our transfer business isn't done. With Mawson and Sessegnon possibly heading out on loan, we are now even thinner at the back than we were. I really worry about Tim Ream being one of our CBs against Premier League opposition. It didn't work two years ago, so I doubt it will work now! Mikel Hector is an upgrade on what we had before but the truth of the matter is that we don't actually know how he will cope in the Premier League. His career has been spent on loan at clubs in the Championship so there will be question marks over whether he can step up. While he didn't show his best football post-lockdown, he did make a massive difference to our defence so I'm hopeful that he can build on that against some of the worlds best. Our full-back positions are also questionable. I think I'd be happier if we played Joe Bryan further forward as, while his link up with Mitrovic was brilliant last season, defensively he can be hit or miss –  something that we just can't afford in the Premier League. Obviously we have brought in Antonee Robinson from Wigan and he comes with bags of potential. It will be interesting to see who gets the nod at LB next week.

To be honest, I'm not really worried about our standard of midfield or up front players. I do feel that we could do with another proven Premier League striker to cover Mitrovic and to ease the burden for goals, but I think that we have plenty of talent at that side of the pitch. Our midfield is pretty strong with Cairney, Onomah, Reed, Lemina and Anguissa all battling for spots so the big question really is over Parker and how he copes with the decisions.

Parker has been rewarded for getting us back to the Premier League with a new three year deal, but this will be a new challenge all together. There was zero expectation on him when he took the job on as caretaker boss in 2019, but it's a different world for him now. I reckon those few months in the Premier League last time around will stand him in good stead. Whatever happens though, I hope that we stick with him. The changes made last time around were the final nail in the coffin for our survival hopes, so let's do it differently this time around.

#COYW

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/one-week-to-go/

WhiteJC

Championship star to snub Aston Villa's £21m bid, former Swansea City favourite to join Bristol City and Neil Warnock speaks on West Brom striker Kenneth Zohore

Bristol City agree deal for former Swan Mawson

Bristol City are on the brink of signing Fulham defender Alfie Mawson on a season-long loan deal, according to Football Insider.

Former Swansea City man Mawson looks to be on his way to Ashton Gate, and the Robins will pay his £25,000-a-week contract in full.

A medical is set to take place in the next 48 hours, and he could be available for selection for next weekend's season-opener against Coventry.

The 26-year-old was in talks to join Watford last month, the report states, but it looks like a move to Bristol for the defender.

Warnock on Zohore

ormer Cardiff City star Kenneth Zohore's wages could provide a stumbling block to any reunion with former boss Neil Warnock at Middlesbrough.

Boro have been linked with Zohore following West Brom's promotion to the Premier League.

Asked about Zohore, Warnock remained relatively tight-lipped, saying: "He's a good player.

"We did ever so well with him. When I turned up at Cardiff, they wanted me to get rid of him and give him a free transfer.

"I think everyone knows that he played two-thirds of a season for me, and was outstanding and helped us get promotion. Now, he's got a very lucrative contract in the Premier League I would imagine, with West Brom, and good luck to him."

Newcastle and Villa bid for Wilson

Aston Villa have bid £21m for Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson, offering £1m more than Newcastle United's bid for the 28-year-old.

Villa tabled an offer of £15m, plus add-ons, for Wilson earlier in the week, but after it was rejected - they have since come back in.

However, Dean Smith's side are now facing stiff competition, with Newcastle also very keen on the England striker.

Sky Sports are reporting that Wilson would prefer a move to St. James' Park rather than Villa Park, despite the Magpies offering slightly less than their Premier League rivals.

Sheffield United in advanced talks to sign Derby star

Sheffield United are in advanced negotiations to sign Derby County defender Jayden Bogle, according to a report in Football Insider.

The two clubs are in talks regarding Bogle - who is expected to cost the Blades around £5m - as Chris Wilder's side look to bolster their right-back options.

The Rams initially wanted £10m for the 20-year-old, but Sheffield United were not willing to pay a fee that high.

Bogle broke into the Derby first-team two seasons ago when Frank Lampard was in charge at Pride Park.

Newcastle agree deal for Norwich defender

Newcastle and Norwich City have agreed on a £13.5m bid for defender Jamal Lewis, Sky Sports are reporting.

Lewis was a target for Liverpool earlier in the summer, but the Reds saw a £10m bid rejected by the relegated Canaries.

However, Jurgen Klopp's side eventually signed Olympiacos left-back Kostas Tsimikas instead of Lewis.

Newcastle were initially quoted £18m for the left-back, but the two clubs have now reached an agreement for around £4.5m less.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/championship-star-snub-aston-villas-18885199

WhiteJC

Report suggests Arsenal player will decide his future next Saturday

According to Goal.com, if Emiliano Martinez does not start against Fulham, then he will look to leave Arsenal.

It has been reported that Martinez wants to be the first choice goalkeeper for Arsenal this season.

However, Bernd Leno is the number one between the posts for the North London outfit, and the Argentine got his chance in the final weeks of the 2019-20 campaign because of injury to the German.

Leno is now back fully fit and available, and, according to Goal.com, if he starts against Fulham away from home at Craven Cottage in the Premier League next Saturday, then Martinez will look to move on.

Arsenal exit this summer?

Martinez is a very good goalkeeper, and the 27-year-old proved in the final weeks of last season that he can be the first-choice custodian for Arsenal.

However, Leno is a brilliant player between the posts, and while it would be harsh of Arsenal head coach Mikel Arteta to drop Martinez for the match against Fulham, one would understand if he did so.

One should not be surprised if Martinez leaves Arsenal before the summer transfer window closes next month.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/05/report-suggests-arsenal-player-will-decide-his-future-next-saturday/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham eye move for Leeds target Harry Wilson

Fulham are keen to sign Liverpool winger Harry Wilson this summer.

According to reports from The Sun (printed edition, page 61), the Cottagers have earmarked Wilson as their top target this summer.

The Cottagers have made some brilliant signings so far, but Scott Parker is still looking to add more players. He is keen to bolster his attacking midfield department and wants to sign Wilson.

Liverpool are demanding a fee in the region of £20m for the left-footed winger who impressed heavily for AFC Bournemouth on loan last season.

Fulham, who are cautious with their funds, are not looking to meet Liverpool's asking price. Rather, they are only willing to pay £12m for him.

Competition from Leeds & Villa

Fulham could face strong competition from Aston Villa and Leeds United for Wilson's signature.

Last month, Alan Nixon of The Sun claimed that Leeds, Villa and Newcastle are interested in signing Wilson.

Leeds are looking to bolster their attacking midfield areas, and have been linked with a move for Rodrigo De Paul of Udinese.

Meanwhile, Dean Smith is also looking to add a quality forward for Villa this summer, and he has earmarked Ollie Watkins of Brentford for that role.

It remains to be seen whether Fulham can reach an agreement with Liverpool for Wilson in the next few days.

https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-eye-move-for-leeds-target-harry-wilson/312001/

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham eye move for Martin Hinteregger

Fulham are reportedly showing keen interest in signing Martin Hinteregger.

The Cottagers are once again looking to bolster their squad this summer following their return to the Premier League.

However, they are cautious with their funds and want to use it wisely.

Scott Parker has already made four signings this summer. He signed Anthony Knockaert from Brighton, Antonee Robinson from Wigan, and Southampton duo Harisson Reed and Mario Lemina.

Parker is now looking to add a central defender this summer. The London club have been linked with a move for Chris Smalling and Ola Aina in recent weeks, but a new name has come up today.

According to reports from The Sun (printed edition; page 62), Fulham are showing keen interest in signing Austria defender Martin Hinteregger.

The report claims that Parker wants to bring the Frankfurt defender to Craven Cottage this summer, and Fulham could make a formal move for him.

The 27-year-old initially joined Frankfurt from FC Augsburg in 2018, and impressed heavily. The move was made permanent last summer.

The former Red Bull Salzburg defender made 49 appearances in all competitions last season and scored nine goals.

The 45-times capped Austria international will bring loads of quality to the side, and it remains to be seen whether Fulham can reach a deal to sign him in the coming weeks.

https://sportslens.com/report-fulham-eye-move-for-martin-hinteregger/312017/

WhiteJC

Fulham plotting Hinteregger move

Fulham are reportedly making a late move to sign Austrian international Martin Hinteregger from Eintracht Frankfurt, according to the Sun.

Scott Parker is eager to add defensive reinforcements following Fulham's vulnerability the last time they were in the top flight and the club have highlighted Hinteregger, a longstanding target, as one of their top targets. The Whites were linked with the 27 year-old on deadline day back in 2019 before he eventually moved to Frankfurt and apparently registered their interest in signing Hinterreger earlier this summer.

Hinterreger, who has also been heavily linked with a move to Southampton, began his career with Red Bull Salzburg, whom he helped win five domestic titles, before moving to Germany, initially on loan with Borussia Mönchengladbach. He then joined Augsberg before signing for Frankfurt after a successful loan spell.

Hinteregger, who has made over a hundred league appearances in the German top flight, has also won 45 caps for Austria, but his currently nursing a knee injury sustained during his country's 2-1 victory in Norway on Friday night.

The Sun also links Fulham with a possible move for Liverpool winger Harry Wilson, who spent last season on loan at Bournemouth, and is being tracked by a number of Premier League sides.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulham-plotting-hinteregger-move/