more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff - 07/09/20...

Started by WhiteJC, September 07, 2020, 09:00:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham could move for Southampton-linked star, after £18m bid talk

Fulham are tracking the Southampton-linked Martin Hinteregger, according to The Sun on Sunday (6 September, page 62).

The newspaper claims the Fulham manger Scott Parker could move for Hinteregger ahead of his side's Premier League return.

Frankfurter Rundschau claimed last month that Southampton were interested in signing the centre-back.

And an unnamed English club, who aren't the Saints, have had an £18 million offer turned down by Hinteregger's employers, Eintracht Frankfurt, according to the same publication.

But whether Fulham are the mystery bidders remains unclear.

Two of Fulham's London rivals, Arsenal and West Ham United, were credited with an interest in Hinteregger in late 2019.

But Arsenal have since signed a couple of players in Hinteregger's position, Pablo Mari and and Gabriel Magalhaes, while another has returned to the Emirates Stadium in William Saliba.

Southampton have also strengthened in that part of the pitch, bringing in Mohammed Salisu earlier this summer.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/06/report-fulham-could-move-for-southampton-linked-star-after-18m-bid-talk/

WhiteJC

Fulham face Ipswich trip in League Cup

Fulham have been handed a trip to Ipswich Town in the second round of the League Cup.

The Whites were given a bye through to the second stage as a result of winning promotion to the Premier League last season. Ipswich, who finished eleventh in League One last season, reached the second round with a comfortable 3-0 win over Bristol Rovers on Saturday.

The tie will be played at Portman Road during the week commencing 14th September. The winners will then have a home tie against either Rochdale or Sheffield Wednesday in round three.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulham-face-ipswich-trip-in-league-cup/

WhiteJC

TOWN HOST FULHAM IN ROUND TWO

Newly promoted Cottagers to visit Portman Road

Blues will face Premier League side Fulham at home in the second round of the Carabao Cup.

The winner of the tie will then host the winner of Rochdale or Sheffield Wednesday in the third round.

A Freddie Sears brace and a Luke Chambers header saw Blues progress in the first round with a 3-0 victory over Bristol Rovers.

Fulham, meanwhile, were given a bye in the first round due to their Premier League status.

Second round ties are set to take place on the midweek of 15/16 September, with the third round scheduled for a week later on 22/23 September.

Blues will announce a confirmed date and time for the Fulham tie in due course.

The second round draw for the South section in full is below.

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2020/september/second-and-third-round-carabao-cup-draw/

WhiteJC

Liverpool change stance on Harry Wilson transfer as new potential destination emerges
Liverpool could be set to offload Harry Wilson in this summer's transfer market.

Liverpool will no longer consider loans for Harry Wilson and now Fulham have reportedly entered the race to sign the Welshman Wilson is back at Anfield following a loan spell with Bournemouth and despite catching the eye in the first half of the season, he was unable to help the Cherries beat the drop.

Now he has had a taste for Premier League football he wants to stay in the top-flight and beyond.

He was hoping to earn a place in Jurgen Klopp's first-team squad for the upcoming campaign.

However, injuries have ruined his pre-season and any chance of making a further impression on Klopp.

Express Sport understands that Liverpool are no longer willing to entertain loan offers for Wilson and team-mate Marko Grujic.

The pair played alongside each other for the club's Under 23 side before they left Liverpool on temporary deals.

Now the Reds simply want to sell the pair to raise funds for other transfers.

There had been hope that they would get a chance to play for Liverpool and that could still happen, given the lack of official offers.

According to The Sun, Fulham have now registered an interest in Wilson.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1332112/Liverpool-transfer-news-Harry-Wilson-loan-Fulham-latest

WhiteJC

Football marathon man embarks on London leg of epic challenge

While fans across the country await the green light to return to stadiums, Nathan Richardson has spent the past few months running around each and every one of them.

The 29-year-old former soldier and mechanical engineer from Manchester is running approximately 2,500 miles to all 92 Football League grounds in the country to raise money for both Mind and the Joshua Wilson Brain Tumour Charity (Super Josh) charities.

After struggling with his own mental health and losing two close family members in the space of a year, Nathan took up running as a coping mechanism before combining it with his other passion –  football.

"I found running really helped with my mental health," Nathan told London Football Scene.

"Then one day I came across the story of a Burnley fan who ran from Turf Moor to the away ground of the team they were playing that week.

"That's when the idea of running to all of the Football League grounds came to me.

"I did some research and found nobody had done it before, so the idea of creating history by doing something unique and leaving that legacy, whilst raising money for charity, really appealed to me."

Weeks of planning followed, as well as the creation of a donation page that has so far raised over £3,600.

Nathan started the challenge at Manchester United's Old Trafford on March 7th where he was greeted by a small crowd of family and friends as well as Mayor of Greater Manchester,  Andy Burnham.

Carrying all his kit throughout and sleeping wherever he could, the coronavirus pandemic and subsequent lockdown temporarily postponed the nationwide run until restrictions began to lift.

Undeterred, the father-of-one restarted in May with next week's arrival into London marking a huge milestone in a challenge that equates to the equivalent of 95 marathons in total.

"The biggest milestone will be reaching the new Brentford ground, because that'll be the 46th stadium and so the exact halfway point," explained Nathan.

"That will bring its own joy and I can see the beginning of the eventual end to the challenge at that point."

Crystal Palace's Selhurst Park is the first stop on September 8th before moving onto Millwall, Charlton Athletic and West Ham United the following day, followed by Leyton Orient, Arsenal and Tottenham.

After arriving at Watford's Vicarage Road on September 11, Nathan will then visit QPR (September 13) before Brentford, Fulham and Chelsea on the 14th and then Wimbledon's new Plough Lane stadium the next day.

On the London leg, Nathan added: "Luckily the distances between stadiums become much shorter so I can do more in a day, but I also look forward to seeing the grounds of the bigger Premier League clubs.

"I've watched the first few episodes of the Tottenham documentary and their new stadium looks incredible, so I'm very excited to go and see that."

For more information on Nathan's progress, visit the Nath Rich website and to donate visit Nathan's Run Around Grounds fundraising page.

https://londonfootballscene.co.uk/2020/09/06/football-marathon-man-embarks-on-london-leg-of-epic-challenge/

WhiteJC

Onomah: Fulham midfielder looks forward to first Premier League clash against Arsenal

The Anglo-Nigerian has spoken of his excitement to face the Gunners in their opening English top-flight game

Fulham midfielder Josh Onomah is looking forward to their first Premier League game of the 2020-21 season against Arsenal on September 12. 

The Cottagers made a return to the English top-flight following their victory over Brentford in the play-off final at Wembley. 

Onomah had previously played against the Emirates Stadium outfit during his time with Tottenham Hotspur, where he spent most of his career so far, before joining Fulham last summer.

The Anglo-Nigerian hopes his side can hit the ground running when they face Mikel Arteta's men, although he admitted it will not be an easy encounter.

"Arsenal is definitely a good one to look forward to. I was at Spurs for more than 14 years and obviously, I grew to have a lot of love for the club, so playing Arsenal – from my youth days all the way up to the first team – was always a big game," Onomah told the club website.

"I'll definitely be taking momentum from that into the first game. They won the FA Cup final and they just won the Community Shield, so they're on top form. But we're in one of the best leagues in the world now, so you're going to play the best teams.

"We've just got to take that challenge in our stride and hopefully we'll come off the pitch as the winning side next Saturday.

"As it's the early kick-off, most people – if not everyone – will be watching, so we've got to show what we're capable of, stamp our authority, and show that we are a Premier League club."

Onomah has experienced Premier League action during his time with the Lilywhites, featuring in 13 games, all as a substitute.

The midfielder hopes to prove his worth in the English top-flight by delivering eye-catching performances.

"Yeah, 100 per cent. At Spurs, I made just over 10 appearances but they were off the bench, so this time around I'm looking forward to showing everyone what I can do in the Prem," he added.

"I've got a point to prove and I look forward to the challenge."

Onomah has featured for the England U16, U17, U18, U19, U20 and U21 teams but he is still eligible to switch his allegiance to the Nigeria national team.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/onomah-fulham-midfielder-looks-forward-to-first-premier/1mgsg6coe41pp1j05ppxa7g2l6

WhiteJC

Report: Ola Aina is set to join Fulham on season-long loan

According to transfer expert Fabrizio Romano, Nigeria international full-back Ola Aina is set to join Fulham on a season-long loan with an option to buy from Torino.

The 23-year-old spent the last two seasons with the Serie A giants, leaving Chelsea permanently last summer after a season-long loan in Italy.

Fulham are landing a quality defender that brings experience to the table, and it will be interesting to see how he fares at Craven Cottage.

Aina played six games for the Blues before joining Hull City on loan for 2017-18, and he has grown in leaps and bounds since.

While the Nigerian is primarily a full-back, he is also comfortable as a wing-back and can play on both the left and right sides of the pitch.

The soon-to-be Fulham defender has eight assists and a goal over the last three seasons, and manager Scott Parker will hope his defensive and attacking abilities come handy as his side look to hold on to their top-flight status at the end of 2020-21.

Aina, a Chelsea academy graduate, will relish the chance to finally prove himself in the English Premier League having not been given the opportunity at Stamford Bridge, and he could prove to be a hit with the Cottagers.

https://sportslens.com/report-ola-aina-is-set-to-join-fulham-on-season-long-loan/312128/

WhiteJC

Fulham and Torino exchanging documents for the transfer of Aina to the Premier League club: the details

After two seasons in the Serie A, Ola Aina is set to return to the Premier League. The Nigerian wing-back is in fact on the verge of joining Fulham as the two clubs have reached an agreement for a transfer on loan with an option to buy and are now exchanging the documents to complete the deal.

Aina, who didn't play yesterday in the friendly game against Pro Vercelli, will join Fulham on loan for a fee of €2.5 million and an option to buy set at €12.5 million. The two clubs have also agreed to include a sell-on clause that will guarantee Torino 10% of the sum on a future sale of the player.

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/fulham-and-torino-exchanging-documents-for-the-transfer-of-aina-to-the-premier-league-club-the-details

WhiteJC

Alfie knows what Robins are all about

Alfie Mawson was unveiled on the Ashton Gate roof today (Sunday, September 6th) to become another pillar in Dean Holden's side.

The Robins have secured the season-loan signing from Fulham of the centre-back, who becomes Head Coach Holden's third acquisition of the transfer window following the permanent arrivals of Joe Williams and Chris Martin.

And 25-year-old Mawson, who adds Premier League and Championship experience to the City backline, is raring to go in BS3.

"I'm massively looking forward to getting started," Mawson told Robins TV. "It's been in the pipeline a while now and I'm just happy to get it over the line. I just want to meet up with the lads now. I've spoken to the gaffer and he was class.

"We spoke a few times and I've bought into everything he said to me. He's got a really good mindset and that's good for the club, the way he was talking to me about players being brought in and what the club wants to do going forward was a massive selling point.

"I think it's quite a young squad so I can bring a bit of experience. I know this league well enough to know when to do certain things. Everyone can say about being a ball-playing centre-half but, at the end of the day, I'm a defender and I've got to do the dirty work and then show my qualities on the ball at the right times."

Mawson made 28 appearances for Fulham last season as the West London side won promotion to the top flight via the play-offs.

"Quite soon after the play-off final, when I hadn't been involved after we came back after the coronavirus pandemic, that I felt I needed to go and play football," explained Mawson.

"When I heard the opportunity at Bristol City had arisen, I thought that could be a good possibility. The Stadium is incredible, I like the area and it seems a good fit. The experience I gained last year was massive and I'm coming to get back-to-back promotions."

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/alfie-knows-what-robins-are-all-about/

WhiteJC

Mawson boosts City defence

Bristol City have completed the season-long loan signing of Alfie Mawson from Fulham

The centre-back becomes Dean Holden's third acquisition of the transfer window, following the permanent arrivals of Joe Williams and Chris Martin.

City Chief Executive Officer Mark Ashton said: "Alfie will make an excellent addition to Dean's squad and I am delighted to see this deal completed at the beginning of the new season. Alfie is a player we have been interested in for some time and I am pleased to say we have got our man."

Robins Head Coach Holden said: "I've watched Alfie develop over the last few years and I've always liked him as a player. He fits perfectly the profile of player I want in our squad. Having spoken to him at length, he is keen to be part of what we are building here. I am aware there were other clubs in for him but he felt this was the right place for him."

Mawson progressed through the Reading Academy before joining Brentford's development squad as a teenager.

The 26-year-old, also adds Premier League and Championship experience to the City backline, having enjoyed spells with Barnsley, Swansea and Fulham in recent years too.

It was at Barnsley where he helped the Tykes win the League One play-off final and EFL Trophy in 2015. Upon joining Swansea, his performances in the Premier League caught the attention of England, earning Mawson a call-up to the senior side. He has also made six appearances for the England Under-21s.

Mawson went on to make 28 appearances for Fulham last season, as the West London side won promotion to the top flight via the play-offs.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/mawson-boosts-city-defence/

WhiteJC

Mawson moves to Bristol City on loan

Fulham centre back Alfie Mawson has joined Bristol City on a season-long loan, the club have confirmed tonight.

The 26 year-old has struggled for both form and fitness since signing from Swansea for a reported fee of around £20m in August 2018. The former England under-21 international was still recovering from the after effects of knee surgery when he moved to Craven Cottage and picked up another serious injury in December. He made just sixteen appearances as Fulham were immediately relegated from the top flight and, despite starting this season as a first choice in Scott Parker's back four, slipped down the pecking order following the arrival of Michael Hector from Chelsea.

Mawson, who has made 44 appearances in all for Fulham, could team up with Fulham team-mate Steven Sessegnon, who has also been tipped to make a loan move to City, at Ashton Gate this year. He has told the Bristol City website tonight:

"I'm massively looking forward to getting started. It's been in the pipeline a while now and I'm just happy to get it over the line. I just want to meet up with the lads now. I've spoken to the gaffer and he was class.

We spoke a few times and I've bought into everything he said to me. He's got a really good mindset and that's good for the club, the way he was talking to me about players being brought in and what the club wants to do going forward was a massive selling point.

"I think it's quite a young squad so I can bring a bit of experience. I know this league well enough to know when to do certain things. Everyone can say about being a ball-playing centre-half but, at the end of the day, I'm a defender and I've got to do the dirty work and then show my qualities on the ball at the right times.

Quite soon after the play-off final, when I hadn't been involved after we came back after the coronavirus pandemic, that I felt I needed to go and play football. When I heard the opportunity at Bristol City had arisen, I thought that could be a good possibility. The Stadium is incredible, I like the area and it seems a good fit. The experience I gained last year was massive and I'm coming to get back-to-back promotions."

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/mawson-moves-to-bristol-city-on-loan/

WhiteJC

Alfie Mawson: Bristol City seal season-long loan for Fulham's ex-Barnsley and Swansea defender

Alfie Mawson did not figure for Fulham in their promotion run-in, having last played for the Cottagers back in January

Bristol City have made their third pre-season signing by bringing in defender Alfie Mawson from promoted Premier League side Fulham.

The 26-year-old former Barnsley and Swansea City centre-back has signed a season-long loan with Dean Holden's Championship side.

He follows the signings of Wigan Athletic midfielder Joe Williams and Derby striker Chris Martin.

"Alfie will make an excellent addition," said City CEO Mark Ashton.

Robins head coach Holden added: "I've watched Alfie develop over the last few years and I've always liked him as a player. He fits perfectly the profile of player I want in our squad."

West Londoner Mawson started with Reading's Academy before joining Brentford's development squad as a teenager.

The six-times capped former England Under-21 international was part of the Barnsley side who won the League One play-off final and the EFL Trophy in the same season at Wembley in 2015.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54051633

WhiteJC

Super Eagles Defender Ola Aina Returns To Fulham But Not Chelsea

Super Eagles defender Ola Aina is set to return to Fulham but will not be joining his former club Chelsea, who are also based in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham as the Cottagers.

According to Italian transfer market expert, Gianluca Di Marzio, Aina will be joining Fulham on a season-long with a purchase option set at 12.5 million euros included in the deal.

The Cottagers will pay a loan fee of 2.5 million euros to their Italian counterparts and the Serie A club will benefit if the Premier League team decide to sell him before the expiration of his contract as a ten percent sell-on clause has been agreed.

An official announcement is imminent with Aina scheduled to undergo a routine medical in the coming days.

The versatile wing-back didn't take part in Saturday's friendly between Torino and Pro Vercelli, remaining rooted to the bench for the entirety of the game.

Aina was on the books of Chelsea for twelve years before joining Torino on loan in the summer of 2018, then earned himself a permanent move the following season.

The 23-year-old made three appearances off the bench when Chelsea won the Premier League title in the 2016-2017 season.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37299

WhiteJC

Aina nears Fulham loan deal

Fulham are set to complete the signing of Torino right back Ola Aina on a season-long loan deal, according to reports from Italy this evening.

The Nigerian international has spent the last two seasons with Torino but was not thought to be in the plans of new manager Marco Giampaolo. Aina has made 69 appearances for La Granata and was their regular right back as they finished sixteenth in Serie A last season. The 23 year-old is thought to be keen on a return to London, having come through the Chelsea academy as a youngster.

Fulham are thought to be paying just over £2m to loan Aina for the season, with an option to make the deal permanent for around £11m. The Italian press are also reporting that Torino will be due ten per cent of any future transfer fee that Fulham receive for Aina's services. He is expected to fly to London tomorrow to begin a medical, with a view to being able to feature in the newly-promoted side's first game of the season against Arsenal on Saturday lunchtime.

The capture of Aina, who spent a season on loan at Hull City alongside current Fulham centre back Michael Hector, would conclude Fulham's summer-long search for a new right back, which is understood to have been one of Scott Parker's biggest priorities after the Whites won promotion to the Premier League.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/aina-nears-fulham-loan-deal/

WhiteJC

Premier League clubs 'to be forced to play fixtures' if squads suffer Covid-19 outbreak

Premier League chiefs are under pressure to get the new season finished on time and are not willing to postpone games should clubs be without players due to coronavirus outbreaks

Premier League clubs have been warned that squad outbreaks of Covid-19 will not result in postponed matches this season.

Authorities are determined to get the already delayed campaign finished on time which has seen a fixture pile up.

And clubs have been told that, unless they have less than 14 players available, requests to postpone games will be rejected.

They will also be expected to tap into their U21 squads to ensure that they fulfill their fixtures.

It has been made clear to clubs in guidance sent out by the Premier League that any player who has played even a minute of first-team football will be seen as an option should their squads become depleted due to the illness, reports the Daily Mail.

The Premier League is yet to release the results of the pre-season testing that has been undertaken, but there are fears of an outbreak.

A host of positive tests were returned last month after players went off around the globe to enjoy their summer holidays.

A total of 14 players across 12 clubs were found to have contracted coronavirus.

That had put the upcoming opening weekend of the season at risk, but the Premier League have set an extremely high bar for postponing games.

Authorities will also show no sympathy if a squad is suffering because individuals have breached Covid-19 protocols or are undertaking a period of mandatory isolation after an overseas trip.

The Premier League have a contractual obligation to get the 2020/21 season finished on time which has led to their strict approach.

Any team who fails to play their scheduled fixtures will have to face an independent disciplinary panel.

Leiniency is set to be a short supply however with the Premier League ready to hand out fines or even points deductions for repeat offenders.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-clubs-to-forced-22639738

WhiteJC

Mesut Ozil in line for shock Arsenal start in Fulham clash as Mikel Arteta recalls midfielder

Mesut Ozil has hardly played for Arsenal under Mikel Arteta but the playmaker was handed a surprise start in the pre-season defeat at home to Aston Villa at the weekend

Mesut Ozil is in line for a shock inclusion in Arsenal 's Premier League opener with Fulham next weekend after being handed a first start for six months.

The German had been frozen out by Mikel Arteta ever since Project Restart got underway last season and it was suggested he may never play for them in the top flight again.

But the midfielder, who is under contract until 2021, was handed a surprise start in the 3-2 pre-season friendly defeat to Aston Villa at the weekend.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang scored both goals for the hosts but they were unable to avoid defeat in the behind-closed-doors exhibition match.

Now, Ozil could now be in with a chance of being involved in next Saturday's Premier League opener at Fulham.

He made 23 appearances last season but did not feature in any of Arsenal's final 13 games of the last campaign.

Indeed, he did not even make the match day squad for the final 10 games with Arteta thought to have lost patience.

The Spaniard was said to be looking into ways to offload the £350,000-a-week star to free up some finances for incoming players.

In August, Ozil expressed his desire to reclaim his place in the squad when he told The Athletic : "My position is clear. I'm here through to the last day of our agreement and I'll give everything I have for this club.

"Situations like these will never break me, they only make me stronger. I showed in the past that I can come back into the team and I will show it again."

And with Arteta seemingly trying to work out what best system to play ahead of the new season, all may not be lost for the former Real Madrid man.

Ozil started in a strong line-up against Villa, with Alex Lacazette and Nicolas Pepe playing in the attack with Aubameyang.

The playmaker took to social media after the game to post an image of himself alongside Mathieu Flamini, with the caption "season prep is on".

Arteta knows he cannot afford to take any more passengers as he looks to improve on his first season at the Emirates.

An FA Cup win was the crowning moment but the Gunners were well off the pace in the Premier League, finishing in eighth.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/mesut-ozil-arsenal-fulham-arteta-22639699

WhiteJC

Fulham set to sign Ola Aina on loan

Fulham are reportedly close to signing Ola Aina on a season long loan deal with a buy option from Torino.

According to both Sky Sports and the Daily Mail, the Nigeria international is close to securing a move back to London where he came through the ranks at Chelsea.

Torino signed Aina for £9 million last July following a successful loan spell at the Serie A club.

The 23-year-old managed just six senior team appearances for the Blues and also spent time on-loan at Hull City. The versatile right-back has scored one goal in 69 appearances for Torino where he regularly plays in midfield.

Aina represented England at youth level before switching his international allegiance to Nigeria three years ago. He has gone on to win 14 caps for the Super Eagles.

Fulham were promoted back to the English Premier League last month following playoff victory over Brentford. The London club has already signed Gabon international Mario Lemina on-loan from Southampton.

https://africanfootball.com//news/780326/Fulham-set-to-sign-Ola-Aina-on-loan

WhiteJC

Arsenal's Mesut Ozil set for Premier League return against Fulham

Mesut Ozil could return to the Arsenal squad for the Premier League opener against Fulham on Saturday, with the German being brought back in from the cold by manager MIkel Arteta.

The 31-year-old played in the final friendly of pre-season on Saturday against Aston Villa in a strong Arsenal side which featured Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, Alexandre Lacazette, Willian, Dani Ceballos and Nicolas Pepe.

Ozil didn't play in any of Arsenal's 13 Premier League games after the return form the coronavirus hiatus, but he appears to have been handed another chance to perform in the first team.

Arsenal get their Premier League campaign underway against newly-promoted Fulham at Craven Cottage at 12.30pm on Saturday.

The former Real Madrid man has a year left on his contract at the club and, despite Arsenal wanting to sell him and get his £350,000-a-week wages off their bill, he looks set to see out the deal in north London.

It now appears that instead of watching him sit on the sidelines for the remaining 12 months of his contract, Arteta is willing to reintegrate him into the first team squad and use him over the coming season.

Where he will fit into Arteta's new-look side is far from clear, after the arrival of Willian and the likes of Aubameyang, Pepe, Reiss Nelson and Bukayo Saka all competing for similar positions.

However, Ozil has remained clear that he is ready to fight for his place in the team while he is under contract.

'My position is clear. I'm here through to the last day of our agreement and I'll give everything I have for this club,' he told The Athletic last month.

'Situations like these will never break me, they only make me stronger. I showed in the past that I can come back into the team and I will show it again.'

https://metro.co.uk/2020/09/07/arsenals-mesut-ozil-set-for-premier-league-return-against-fulham-13232469/?ito=newsnow-feed

WhiteJC

Fulham close to deal to sign former Chelsea defender

Fulham are close to completing a deal to bring former Chelsea defender Ola Aina back to west London from Torino.

The Whites have been in talks with Torino to sign the full-back on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent move.

Aina, 23, signed for the Italian club from Chelsea on a permanent deal last year after impressing during a season on loan.

A product of Chelsea's academy, London-born Nigeria international Aina made six first-team appearances for the Blues – four of them as a substitute. He also had a season on loan at Hull City.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/fulham-ola-aina-deal-close