watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Looks like a signing is going to be announced tonight

Started by General, September 08, 2020, 07:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

The club's twitter is posting cryptic posts now...

https://mobile.twitter.com/FulhamFC/status/1303400210010238977

Rarely do they leave cryptic posts up this late unless making an announcement.

SP

Deeping_white

I dont think so, seemed more of a reference to Saturday than anything

General

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 08, 2020, 08:03:21 PM

Why would they do that? it's an evening shot of craven cottage under floodlights? We're back at the cottage for our first game, but it's a normal early kick off. The image next to the soon, also implies a skyline at night/evening.

Why else leave it so cryptic? Why not just say 4 days until kick off? Why not leave that till nearer the day? They know fans are pressing for signings because we're so close to the beginning of the season, if they're doing that just to tease with nothing meant past the obvious, then they know that's just going to annoy the fans.

Why post it at 7.30pm? What'd be the point? Either it's scheduled in or someone has to work to post it.

It does tie in with what we were told by someone that we had two deals concluded yesterday. If that was the case, then they'd take the publicity shots today at some point - pre or post training and do other formalities and then aim to announce in afternoon or evening?

Reed and Lemina were announced at 9pm and 9.30pm at night and Robinson was announced at 3pm.

Hope they're not just being bellends for no reason. We all know the season starts in four days - most of us expect we're going to be filmed getting beaten (by whatever margin) by a resurgent arsenal.

We need to sign players. It seems particularly odd to be offloading players if we've not got anyone else lined up.

I'm keeping fingers crossed.

AnOldBrownie

So soon...at Dusk...assuming in London.

What time is it now?  8:12 right?   That's after dusk.  Give me a name Fulham!!

Deeping_white

Quote from: General on September 08, 2020, 08:09:34 PM

Why would they do that? it's an evening shot of craven cottage under floodlights? We're back at the cottage for our first game, but it's a normal early kick off. The image next to the soon, also implies a skyline at night/evening.

Why else leave it so cryptic? Why not just say 4 days until kick off? Why not leave that till nearer the day? They know fans are pressing for signings because we're so close to the beginning of the season, if they're doing that just to tease with nothing meant past the obvious, then they know that's just going to annoy the fans.

Why post it at 7.30pm? What'd be the point? Either it's scheduled in or someone has to work to post it.

It does tie in with what we were told by someone that we had two deals concluded yesterday. If that was the case, then they'd take the publicity shots today at some point - pre or post training and do other formalities and then aim to announce in afternoon or evening?

Reed and Lemina were announced at 9pm and 9.30pm at night and Robinson was announced at 3pm.

Hope they're not just being bellends for no reason. We all know the season starts in four days - most of us expect we're going to be filmed getting beaten (by whatever margin) by a resurgent arsenal.

We need to sign players. It seems particularly odd to be offloading players if we've not got anyone else lined up.

They tweet photos of the cottage on a match week all the time, it's not a new phenomenon. It's not hard to schedule a tweet - have you never stopped and considered why all our tweets come out exactly bang on 30 mins past or on the hour? They use a third party app to schedule tweets to go out whenever they feel like it.

General

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 08, 2020, 08:18:34 PM

They tweet photos of the cottage on a match week all the time, it's not a new phenomenon. It's not hard to schedule a tweet - have you never stopped and considered why all our tweets come out exactly bang on 30 mins past or on the hour? They use a third party app to schedule tweets to go out whenever they feel like it.

I did mention the possibility for scheduling a tweet in my reply. And you're right it's not a new phenomenon, but when they have psoted historically it at least tends to allude to the type of game we play - so there'll be a picture of the ground under floodlights when a game is scheduled under floodlights.

We're all clutching at straws. but it's not a huge amount to think it could very well be the potential announcement of a signing.

rebel

So ultimately the clubs Tweets are controlled by 'bots'.

Deeping_white

Quote from: rebel on September 08, 2020, 08:25:15 PM

So ultimately the clubs Tweets are controlled by 'bots'.

Not really, you write the tweet and just tell an app to send it at a specific time. Means they can do a lot of content in one go and schedule it to go out at certain times to pad it out in the day for engagement.

General

Can someone in the know please clear up whether this is likely to be a hoax and a tease/tweet about the weekend vs a potential announcment. I don't need to know names or positions... just something to clarify. I've heard we've bee close to signing a few players for a while (what seems like an age), although typical Fulham under TK would see us lose out because of some ego naivety..

Any idea/clue or hint would be welcomed. put us out of any potential suspense/misery/wasted time.

MikeTheCubed

Mince n Tatties

Nero

Statto

Agreed... new season starting soon

General

Sadly I think it's not the positive news I'd hoped for - sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. Seemed promising and made sense given the general conversations with deals 'being done/concluded' etc..

Sad times. I have to admit maybe my desire to see us get a few defenders in before the arsenal game with time to train with the squad got me a bit over enthusiastic.

don't know what the latest is they've had for an announcement - maybe 10pm, but if anything I imagine it'll be tomorrow now.

cookieg

Tete. They're just trying to work out the catchy word/phrase #onmeteteson or something like that.

Classic94

Seems this was just a nothing post about Saturday. I was really hoping we'd announce at least one player tonight given all the rumours...

JEEVES

Has started to make me doubt whether there is actually any truth in any of the rumours.

General

Quote from: JEEVES on September 08, 2020, 09:50:38 PM
Has started to make me doubt whether there is actually any truth in any of the rumours.

I think Tony Khan has f****d us again sadly.. made a statement of not wanting to make the same mistakes, learning from past lessons, but taken no note of the context or general need or price of the market. Clearly with clubs finances under more duress, people are forking out more for the players they think will keep them in the more lucrative premiership. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Classic94

Quote from: General on September 08, 2020, 09:58:52 PM
Quote from: JEEVES on September 08, 2020, 09:50:38 PM

I think Tony Khan has f****d us again sadly.. made a statement of not wanting to make the same mistakes, learning from past lessons, but taken no note of the context or general need or price of the market. Clearly with clubs finances under more duress, people are forking out more for the players they think will keep them in the more lucrative premiership. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

Very disappointing that we've once again left things this late. It's genuinely staggering that we're yet to sign a LCB. Staggering.