News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has anyone else had enough of Zamora's attitude?

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 09, 2010, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brede Butter Pudding

I'm sorry but I think enough is enough - even his fellow team mates have had enough of it. Every game we pay good, well-earned money to watch our beloved team and pay these players wages, big wages, wages that most of us could only dream of. Yes Bobby may have got some stick in his first season, but to be honest rightly so. He is a striker and he didn't score enough goals, and yes his 'hold up play' was excellent but he was being criticised across the board, from fans to the media. Anyway, I don't want to get into that. I have been a massive Bobby fan since the day he arrived, and not once did I boo him nor shout abuse at him nor cheer when he was subbed, and now that he has found form he looks like a completely new man. However, I do not attend football matches to be "shhhhhhsed" to by a player who I am paying to watch. Yes, OK, at one point he may have received some stick, but then so did Chris Baird but does he go mouthing off to the fans? No, he's a class professional, who acknowledged that he had a bad start and sought to improve. Bobby has improved but his attitude is, unfortunately, disgraceful. I think enough is enough, we shouldn't have to put up with his poor attitude any longer. Roy needs to have a word because soon he is going to lose a lot of the support he has gained I feel. People will probably shoot me down and tell me as long as he scores who cares, and yes this is true, but he doesn't clap, acknowledge the fans, nothing, in fact, all he does is mouth off at us. He can't use the "it was aimed at one or two fans" excuse, this was aimed at everyone, and I think he needs to step back and actually grow a pair, get on with it and get over whatever issues he has with the fans, because enough is enough.

Brede Butter Pudding

ron

If only he was as good as he thinks he is.......

Classy free kick tonight..........but he needs to do much the same.... i.e facing the goal.... with a moving ball a bit more if we are going to realise our ambitions with him as the senior striker

Lighthouse

I find him a gutsy player. But he disrespects the fans who help pay a part of his wages. I for one loathe him as much as he seems to loathe us. The one and only player of skill and bravery who has played for us that I still cannot stand wearing a Fulham shirt.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

KCat

IMO, If that is what he need to score the goal ......................he can shushhhhhhhhhh all he likes ..
I would say he is playing with alot of pain, IS IT NOT  GREAT THAT HE IS BACK PLAYING SO SOON  AFTER a bad injury

It is probably not the Hammersmith Enders the shussing is intended for but the jimps in The JH ...........
they are disgusting and  the last sound the players hear as they leave the pitch  is their bitching

finnster01

Unfortunately not at the match, but watched it live on the telly in the US. What is BZ's real problem? He plays good, people seem to appreciate him, yet he has this nasty attitude at home fans. I am not a big fan of that at all. Is it ever going to stop?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

BobbyTheBrain

Zamora continues to shoot himself in the foot,  I've lost all sympathy and patience for him.
It's not fair to flair.

mrska

Im sick of it really..  what more does he want from us.. we support him week in week out...  getting very boring now..

Did clap the crowd when he was substituted though....

VicHalomsLovechild

Maybe we should try it, his way and stay quiet when he scores!  ;D ;D ;D

Admin

To be honest, I now don't think he means anything by it. Like most players do, they tend to keep a goal celebration based on a certain time, place or situation. I'd just ignor it if I were you as he's going to do it every time he scores in a Fulham shirt. If he's clapping the crowd when he's substituted then I'd say there no ill feeling towards us.

Rupert

To be totally honest, I don't have a problem with Zamora's antics, there again I never slagged him off, even last season.
I recall a passage from Morg's book "On Song for Promotion" where he mentions that the adulation heaped on Mick Conroy that season was met with a wry smile from the player who easily recalled the abuse heaped on him the previous season when he had a much poorer return. Fans are fickle, some players have long memories. Live with it.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

mccscratch

VIC...I think that is a right brilliant idea... how bizarre but all together hilarious would it be if Bobby were to score a cracker and go racing around the pitch ready to put his finger up to his mouth when he realizes not a sole in the Cottage has cheered his goal... I would pay boatloads of money to see that happen...

I am very proud of Bobby for turning things around but enough is enough... be a man and act like you have been there before...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

EdenRob

Quote from: KCat on February 09, 2010, 11:57:41 PM
IMO, If that is what he need to score the goal ......................he can shushhhhhhhhhh all he likes ..
I would say he is playing with alot of pain, IS IT NOT  GREAT THAT HE IS BACK PLAYING SO SOON  AFTER a bad injury

It is probably not the Hammersmith Enders the shussing is intended for but the jimps in The JH ...........
they are disgusting and  the last sound the players hear as they leave the pitch  is their bitching

Whoa there! , jimps? what's jimps then? Do you mean gimps?I sit in the JH and the fans around me certainly are not the target of his ire. Don't make stupid unsubstantiated allegations like that when you don't know what you're talking about. Zamora acknowledges the JH stand when he leaves the pitch more often than not, so it's not us he's pissed with.

fulhamguy

Maybe i'm defending the indefendable but Arshavin's celebration is ssh!

Aimed at anyone who was at the game: What reception was he getting? What provoked the celebration?
COYW!

DevonFFC

Maybe this is just the reaction he wants, hes playing up the crowd

mattiesafer

Yeah, who's to say what he's shushing?  Maybe you feel guilty about it because you deserve to be shushed!

Logicalman

Quote from: fulhamaustin on February 10, 2010, 12:51:20 AM
Maybe i'm defending the indefendable but Arshavin's celebration is ssh!

Aimed at anyone who was at the game: What reception was he getting? What provoked the celebration?

.. and so did Henry when at Arsenal..

Lighthouse

When he went round the pitch to do to the tunnel just after being subbed, the fans applauded him and he didn't acknowlege anybody. Head down, drinking and being a sullen so and so. He can do what he likes,of coarse he can. But don't expect the fans to warm to him.

HammyH3

Quote from: Rupert on February 10, 2010, 12:47:44 AM
To be totally honest, I don't have a problem with Zamora's antics, there again I never slagged him off, even last season.
I recall a passage from Morg's book "On Song for Promotion" where he mentions that the adulation heaped on Mick Conroy that season was met with a wry smile from the player who easily recalled the abuse heaped on him the previous season when he had a much poorer return. Fans are fickle, some players have long memories. Live with it.

Well said Rupert, the continuing wingeing on this board and the offal about BZ attitude, behaviour, performances etc etc etc is boring and pointless. He's a Fulham player, our top scorer, he works his balls off for Roy and the team. That's good enough for me, so why don't all you moaners just ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Lighthouse

Quote from: HammyH3 on February 10, 2010, 01:14:47 AM
Quote from: Rupert on February 10, 2010, 12:47:44 AM

Well said Rupert, the continuing wingeing on this board and the offal about BZ attitude, behaviour, performances etc etc etc is boring and pointless. He's a Fulham player, our top scorer, he works his balls off for Roy and the team. That's good enough for me, so why don't all you moaners just ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Fine but would Fulham really appreciate supporters who ignored the team and when they scored put their fingers to their mouths. When BZ comes out lets sit in silence and if he plays well ignore him. If he plays badly we will shout at thim as he did to the fans having a go. But that would be childish wouldn't it?