News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has anyone else had enough of Zamora's attitude?

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 09, 2010, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattiesafer

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 10, 2010, 01:21:22 AM
Quote from: HammyH3 on February 10, 2010, 01:14:47 AM
Quote from: Rupert on February 10, 2010, 12:47:44 AM
To be totally honest, I don't have a problem with Zamora's antics, there again I never slagged him off, even last season.
I recall a passage from Morg's book "On Song for Promotion" where he mentions that the adulation heaped on Mick Conroy that season was met with a wry smile from the player who easily recalled the abuse heaped on him the previous season when he had a much poorer return. Fans are fickle, some players have long memories. Live with it.

Well said Rupert, the continuing wingeing on this board and the offal about BZ attitude, behaviour, performances etc etc etc is boring and pointless. He's a Fulham player, our top scorer, he works his balls off for Roy and the team. That's good enough for me, so why don't all you moaners just ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Fine but would Fulham really appreciate supporters who ignored the team and when they scored put their fingers to their mouths. When BZ comes out lets sit in silence and if he plays well ignore him. If he plays badly we will shout at thim as he did to the fans having a go. But that would be childish wouldn't it?

That would be a pretty amazing thing if it could be coordinated.

Rupert

Quote from: mattiesafer on February 10, 2010, 01:24:51 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 10, 2010, 01:21:22 AM
Quote from: HammyH3 on February 10, 2010, 01:14:47 AM
Quote from: Rupert on February 10, 2010, 12:47:44 AM
To be totally honest, I don't have a problem with Zamora's antics, there again I never slagged him off, even last season.
I recall a passage from Morg's book "On Song for Promotion" where he mentions that the adulation heaped on Mick Conroy that season was met with a wry smile from the player who easily recalled the abuse heaped on him the previous season when he had a much poorer return. Fans are fickle, some players have long memories. Live with it.

Well said Rupert, the continuing wingeing on this board and the offal about BZ attitude, behaviour, performances etc etc etc is boring and pointless. He's a Fulham player, our top scorer, he works his balls off for Roy and the team. That's good enough for me, so why don't all you moaners just ssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Fine but would Fulham really appreciate supporters who ignored the team and when they scored put their fingers to their mouths. When BZ comes out lets sit in silence and if he plays well ignore him. If he plays badly we will shout at thim as he did to the fans having a go. But that would be childish wouldn't it?

That would be a pretty amazing thing if it could be coordinated.

Yes it would. Good luck in trying to do it.

;D
Oh, and remember to let us know how little success you have, please. Laughter is good, remember that.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

NogoodBoyo

Having just watched the game, he was actually shusssshing the Burnley fans for making more noise than the Fulham fans.  He did shake the hand of a ball boy.  He set up one goal, scored another and was generally a handful all round.  Job well done.
What do you want out there - a goal-scorer with an attitude who helps us win games, or Larry Grayson?
I suppose some of us could never survive in Valhalla.
Nogood "perplexed, confused and puzzled, isit" Boyo
P.S.  The shorter answer to the original question as far as I'm concerned is "No".

finnster01

Well it is kind of interesting that he grew up playing next to John Terry in boys football with Senrab.

Explains a lot as far as I am concerned.
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

I know he rubs some of you the wrong way but, honestly, how do you know who he is shushing? and why is it so offensive? Maybe he is just doing it cause that is his calling card now? It doesn't bother me in the least but I don't attend matches at the Cottage. Maybe he is shushing the away crowd as Mr. Boyo suggests. We really don't know.

Tom

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 10, 2010, 03:45:32 AM
I know he rubs some of you the wrong way but, honestly, how do you know who he is shushing? and why is it so offensive? Maybe he is just doing it cause that is his calling card now? It doesn't bother me in the least but I don't attend matches at the Cottage. Maybe he is shushing the away crowd as Mr. Boyo suggests. We really don't know.
100% agree with you RidgeRider. Here in the U.S. athletes shush the crowd all the time. I don't think it is a big deal at all. I have no problem with it. Bobby keep up the great play!
Fulham for life!

PaulUMD

I wrote about this in another thread...

I get it, he wants to get back at the fans who doubted him, booed him, etc.  But it's been a long damn time, man.  Let it go.  Be a professional and if you can't show appreciation for the fans, at least let's stop with the degradation of them every time you score.  I don't know...I'm a Yank and 3000 miles away, but if he kept doing that to me in the stands every week I'd be very pissed off. 

FFCOutpostCommander

I really can't take offence from this as I'm not in the stands to see and hear whats being tossed at Bobby, but until he outright says he is gesturing to the home fans I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. No one could question his effort or commitment on the field and he's had two chances to bail out if he was truly unhappy at Fulham. He's earned his right to celebrate in his own style and at this point it's only conjecture as to what he means by it. Why don't we cut him some slack and celebrate his/our success?
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Oakeshott

There is no question that we look a much better team when Bobby plays than when he doesn't, and no one works harder on the pitch. For me, at the moment, he is our player of the year.

blingo

Why does someone ALWAYS have to find something to slag either the team or one of the players even after we win and keep a clean sheet?

If anyone needs to grow up it is you lot for whingeing after a very good win. BZ comes back from injury and scores, what the hell more do you want? So he says shhhh BIG DEAL does it affect you personally? No? then if anyone needs to get over it is the moaners and pessimists on here who cannot live without finding fault somewhere along the line.

Rant over. >:(

alfie

to be honest i could not give a monkeys arse about it, means nothing to me, but i do like the comments made about Baird, now there is a bloke who took so much stick he could have built a tree house, but did not moan just got on and played his football, now look at him even at right back is showing what a good player he is.

If BZ wants to look like a fool then let him get on with it and just laugh, life is just not worth all the moaning :D
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Brede Butter Pudding

In response to a number of you it's not whinging or moaning, it is just disrespectful that he should do that to the people who pay his wages. And if you weren't there as a number of you have stated, I sit at the top of H5, and if you had been there you would have seen that he didn't shhhh the entire crowd, and not once did he even look at the Burnley fans, but he put his fingers up to the whole Hammersmith, and then when Baird and Duff had stopped celebrating with him he carried on doing it to the Hammersmith. He should be a professional and get on with it, his celebration is a bit different to Arshavin's who's trademark celebration is that. Bobby needs to grow a pair and have some respect for the fans who love him so dearly, because it's pretty clear he doesn't give a monkeys

alfie

Understand what you saying Brede BP but, i just don't care, he scores goals for FFC that is what is important to me, i do not feel disrespected in any way, i just laugh at it, he is not going to change my life, i just think what an idiot, but i guess that everyone has different feelings on the subject and i respect that. ;)
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Fuggles

To be middle of the road about it, it did annoy me last night, I thought he was over that. But I immediatley laughed it off, don't want to know what his problem is.

But I am totallly up for a big SHHHHH next time he scores..

Brede Butter Pudding

Yeah fair play to you mate i agree with what you're saying, I spose scoring is all that counts but some acknowledgment to the fans would be nice now and again

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Oakeshott on February 10, 2010, 07:03:54 AM
There is no question that we look a much better team when Bobby plays than when he doesn't, and no one works harder on the pitch. For me, at the moment, he is our player of the year.

That's how I see it.

He's played really well all season and we look toothless without him.

To come back so soon and clearly play through pain shows more of the man IMO than any goal "celebration"

epsomraver

Sorry but he really is brainless a few good touches last night but lots of nothing from him still, he should grow up!

White Noise

Its just his trademark celebration now - it doesn't mean anything.

I guarantee that if he scores 20 goals a season for the next 3 seasons he will still be doing that.

Thank goodness he has got a recognisable goal celebration - plenty haven't.

epsomraver

Are you his press agent MR WN ? A likely story!

Logicalman

Unless the guy starts with the 'Cantona kicks' each time, I don't give a monkeys about what he does to celebrate.
He is employed to score goals and assist Fulham FC gain points and attain success in league and competition.

It seems there are so many fans (and they are genuine and true fans) that get so polarized about BZ and his reaction to a small minority of the crowd (more so from last season), that they forget the reason Fulham exists - to be successful. If that wasn't the case, we would still be languishing down in the lower divs because MaF wouldn't have bothered to put his own millions into the club to make it successful.

If those fans that dislike BZ for any reason whatsoever were just ambivalent towards him, then it would be a lot better. Criticism in how he plays - or fails to - is one thing, criticism for how he celebrates scoring a goal? That 's petty and not pretty.