News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Has anyone else had enough of Zamora's attitude?

Started by Brede Butter Pudding, February 09, 2010, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

...my first reaction to the celbration was "why do it, you know it get's some peoples backs up" - but BZ may be one of those people that feeds of others reactions.

If that is the case, and the more the apparent 'mutual loathing' produces more goals then I think he is a buffoon/idiot/prize pranny/twonk - there you go, 4 more goals to come..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

As usual his propaaganda team pick out what they want to and disregard the rest. As he walked off towards the tunnel he ignored the fans who were clapping him. That is his choice. Those of you who don't care,fine, but for those that do, it is a childish way to act for a millionaire footballer. The goal celebration was not JUST to the Burnley fans.

But good luck to him and I hope he continues to do well and I think he is brave coming back so soon after his injury as he is clearly in pain. But for all that I wish he acted less like a scorned,petulant 13 year old girl.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

epsomraver

Mr logical man , when you pay and walk through the turnstiles and sit at a game then you can tell me I am being petty because an overpaid performer shows total disrespect to the loyal fans that even chant his name Good job Chris Baird is more grown up than Zamora, he took far more stick than Zamora ever has! His name was even booed  when Diddy announced him as playing at one time.

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on February 10, 2010, 11:18:53 AM
Mr logical man , when you pay and walk through the turnstiles and sit at a game then you can tell me I am being petty because an overpaid performer shows total disrespect to the loyal fans that even chant his name Good job Chris Baird is more grown up than Zamora, he took far more stick than Zamora ever has! His name was even booed  when Diddy announced him as playing at one time.

I paid and walked through those same gates for 30 years, until 10 years ago, and I still make the annual trip back to Fulham to see the lads, which I might add, costs in excess of twice the price of a season ticket, for EACH trip, so, all-in-all, I CAN state my opinion. Don't let this get personal - there are never any winners in that. I stated an opinion and that was that. In my opinion, it is all just a petty waste of time and effort, on both sides.

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on February 10, 2010, 10:12:56 AM
Sorry but he really is brainless a few good touches last night but lots of nothing from him still, he should grow up!

Obviously, I think you need to watch the replay again. He worked well last night .. and had a few more touches than a number of other players - on both sides. I don't think anybody has made him out to be man of the match, which he clearly wasn't, so why pick on the guy? Hangeland did just about the same amount of work, why not scorn him too? I doesn't help taking things out of proportion to advance an argument about something else.

Logicalman

Quote from: Fuggles on February 10, 2010, 09:28:34 AM
To be middle of the road about it, it did annoy me last night, I thought he was over that. But I immediatley laughed it off, don't want to know what his problem is.

But I am totallly up for a big SHHHHH next time he scores..

THAT is the way in which I look at it too. Very well put.

Jimpav

There are some good points being made on this thread -both for and against BZ.

The fact is though BZ is acting like an arse.

It's not the Fulham way.

RidgeRider

For those of you who like to bring Baird into the discussion, because that is what it is, BAIRD DOES NOT SCORE GOALS....so you have NO idea what he would do in similar circumstances so please stop using him as some sort of beacon of how to behave because your comparison is not valid because you have no comparative data.

Jimpav

Quote from: RidgeRider on February 10, 2010, 11:37:07 AM
For those of you who like to bring Baird into the discussion, because that is what it is, BAIRD DOES NOT SCORE GOALS....so you have NO idea what he would do in similar circumstances so please stop using him as some sort of beacon of how to behave because your comparison is not valid because you have no comparative data.

Okay, let's scrap Baird and take a look at Greening - didn't see any bad vibes from him when he scored against Pompey.

or how about Gera, he took even more stick than Greening and has scored for us loads of times and celebrates his goal without any negativity or aggro.

Sorry Ridge Rider but if those two are not a beacon then I don't know what is.

epsomraver

Sorry but he did a few good touches totally outweighed by the poor touches , I don't need to watch a replay to see what I saw from the JH last night, sorry I don't rate him so highly as you but I am not alone, the fans around me were of the same opinion, he is still overated and his antics to the supporters do not help his cause in winning the fans over.He gave the JH the same gestures so it was not aimed at some fat bloke in the Hammy end

LRCN

bobby was my man of the match. played really well

about this shushing thing... last season when he didn't score goals opinion was split right down the middle about how good a player he was (the goals brigade vs the hold the  ball up brigade). Even then his name was sung perhaps more than any other player and as far as I know he wasn't booed off once. And then this season he's been top class, every fan in the ground now appreciates him but he still holds a grudge towards the home support. Thing is when i went to city away he came over with the rest of the players and gave us a long round of applause and tried to get beyond the stewards to give us his shirt. So I don't know what it is, I think he appreciates the fans but he can't get over that stick (and at times it was shocking) that he got from a few of us.

OldBrownShoe

Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

LBNo11

...I saw this on TiFF as the same debate rages on there also, but as I genuinely laughed at it, I thought I would share it with you:-

Make your own Zamora thread -- Dan in Notts, Wednesday, February 10, 11:54:39am (82.18.41.131)
Simply post the following every time he scores:

Good goal by Bobby last night, but what was with the celebration?

Watch the replies flood in:

Bobby is an idiot / a tool / an incarnation of the devil. He can sod off back to West Ham / Spurs / Brighton (once he's scored the winner in the Cup Final).

Mate, if he scores at Stamford Bridge / Wembley / Hamburg, he can punch me in the face / whisk me off under extraordinary rendition / launch thermonuclear war as much as he likes.

I was deeply offended / My family has broken apart as a result / My niece, for whom he was the only bright star in a universe of pain, has been crying so much that the wheels on her wheelchair have rusted solid.

I was too busy celebrating / checking my Fulham flutter numbers / contemplating the futility of existence in a Godless universe.

WUM alert – mister, you couldn't wind up a watch (a wind-up one, you know, not a new-fangled, battery-powered one, obviously) / Portsmouth / a clockwork armadillo.

Even when you all turned against him, I said he'd come good / wrote to Roy, advising him not to let Bobby go to Hull / personally chauffeured Bobby between anger management classes and his new role as Professor of Holding the Ball up at the University of Unsung Roles in Football Teams.

His celebration was clearly aimed at the opposition's fans / at the bloke 18 rows back and 34 seats across, you know, him in the jeans / as a comment on the silencing of dissident voices in Pinochet's Chile.

You're all too sensitive. In my day, if a player scored he was allowed to punch every member of the crowd / sit in a car outside my house with a balaclava and a shotgun / put on a blue shirt and sacrifice a kitten in honour of Kerry Dixon, Roman Abramovitch and David Mellor.

Bobby doesn't like Fulham at all. Really, he supports West Ham / Accrington Stanley, to whom he is agitating for a move / a fair day's pay for a fair day's work.

Lighthouse

Well that LB will cut down my posting traffic thankyou very much. I have been keeping this going for years. Now you and that nice person from Tiff has to spoil it all.

But what was with that hat he wore as he left the pitch and ignored the fans.

LBNo11

...good point Lighthouse, did you see the aggressive angle he wore the hat, quite intimidating I thought.. >:(

Peabody

I was disappointed that Bobby seemed to making yet another statement last night but and it is a big but, the only person who matters in this is Roy and he clearly likes Bobby, so it does not matter what is written here or elsewhere, Bobby is going nowhere and Bobby will stay in the team whether the fans put their fingers to their lips or not. All I hope is that he just keeps scoring and giving Fulham that little extra that we all know he possesses in his game.

Lighthouse

Mr Peabody Sir it does matter what is written here about BZ. IT DOES IT DOES IT DOES.

The needless hat wearing was a statement of intent. Nobody can tell me it wasn't.

Logicalman

Quote from: epsomraver on February 10, 2010, 12:13:16 PM
Sorry but he did a few good touches totally outweighed by the poor touches , I don't need to watch a replay to see what I saw from the JH last night, sorry I don't rate him so highly as you but I am not alone, the fans around me were of the same opinion, he is still overated and his antics to the supporters do not help his cause in winning the fans over.He gave the JH the same gestures so it was not aimed at some fat bloke in the Hammy end

Perhaps you SHOULD take another look then, because although you are not alone in your criticism, you are in the extreme minority that claim he played badly - notwithstanding the goal celebration.

You seem to keep mixing each with the other - the fact that he appears to many to be a complete moron with his goal celebration, does not mean he played badly. he played quite well, and did his job (or do you now claim RH is at fault for playing him - even when we did have the rest of the strikers available?). Over-rated? This is a claim that appears to come from those that don't like him as some kind of reason to have a go at him.

If his attitude is in his play, then that is what needs to be addressed, but if, as I suspect from ALL the threads I have seen on this, the attitude is to do with his goal celebration, ergo his attitude towards (some?) supporters, then that's a different kettle of fish, and can be debated. have you stopped and thought whether he actually wants to win the fans over? Perhaps he doesn't feel its as important as scoring goals, and if that's the case, I would agree with him.

Again, you don't seem to understand how I rate Zamora, I haven't gone into  that at all, so that need not be addressed either, I thought we were debating his attitude as above.

TheDaddy

I always presumed the finger to the lip was in actual fact Bobby trying to remember when he last scored a goal !
Hes welcome to come round my house i have a seven week old daughter that needs constant ssssshhhhhhhh ing around one o'clock in the morning please Bob .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Logicalman

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 10, 2010, 01:55:35 PM
The needless hat wearing was a statement of intent. Nobody can tell me it wasn't.

I firmly believe it was with the intent to keep his head warm. Does that count as a conspiracy theory?