more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 11/09/20...

Started by WhiteJC, September 10, 2020, 01:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Parker hoping 'wiser' Fulham can emulate Sheffield United

Fulham plummeted to relegation from the Premier League in 2019 with five matches to go.

This time Scott Parker believes he can avoid becoming the top flight's cannon fodder.

The newly promoted side faces a stiff test on Saturday when they host Arsenal at Craven Cottage, but Parker hopes the club can emulate the feats of Sheffield United.

The Blades under Chris Wilder scaled the heady heights to ninth in the truncated campaign, and made it to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup – very much against the odds.

They were among the favourites for an instant return to the Championship.

This time, in a survey among Premier League fans, 18 clubs' supporters out of 20 reckon Fulham will be demoted again. Leeds, and Fulham themselves, naturally, were the only demurrers.

That's why Parker wants a bit of South Yorkshire in west London.

"Chris Wilder did a fantastic job last season. He brought the squad together on one page, and they're the team we're looking at," he said.

The Whites manager, who celebrated an emotional night when Fulham beat Brentford in the mausoleum of an empty Wembley in the Championship play-off final, reckons the mentality of his squad will be better than the calamitous relegation in 2019.

Parker insisted: "I think we're a wiser unit.

"The players understand it's going to be different from the Championship where we were expected to win and challenge for promotion.

"They understand the difference between the two (leagues).

"This is going to be tougher. But the mentality, the cohesion, and desire for togetherness is going to be a big factor.

"We can't afford two or three players to be off their game at any one given time. We need all 22 to be on it.

"We need to relish the challenge."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/fulham/parker-hoping-wiser-fulham-can-emulate-sheffield-united

WhiteJC

Boro Bring In Marcus Bettinelli On Loan

The club has completed the signing of Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli on a season-long loan.

The 28-year-old is a double promotion winner with the Cottagers and brings a wealth of experience, having clocked up over 200 career appearances.

Bettinelli's arrival gives Boro boss Neil Warnock increased competition for the goalkeeping slot as he looks to shape his squad for the new season.

The former England Under-21 international becomes Boro's second signing of the summer, following Grant Hall into the club.

A delighted Warnock said: "I'm really pleased. I've been tracking Marcus since he first got into the team at Fulham a good few years ago and when the opportunity arose to bring him here, I was quick to the call.

"He's a good lad, he'll fit in well and speaking to him, I've been really impressed by his attitude and his desire to play for us."

https://www.mfc.co.uk/news/boro-bring-in-marcus-bettinelli-on-loan

WhiteJC

Fulham ready for the mental challenge of adapting to Premier League expectations after promotion, says Parker

Scott Parker says his Fulham side are mentally prepared to face up to the challenge of the Premier League as they prepare to return against Arsenal on Saturday.

The Cottagers won promotion back to the top flight at the first time of asking, with Parker having to overhaul and rejuvenate a side which was consigned to losing every week in their relegation into one expected to win every game in the Championship.

He now faces a mentality shift once more, well aware that winning a fraction of the games they did last season could be deemed a success in the Premier League, but ensuring that the side don't spiral after any poor run.

"We need to relish this challenge," he said. "We set a challenge last year to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking and we did that. We face a challenge now which is now going from going from the majority of weeks being expected to win, now to be in a division where it is going to be a lot more difficult."

It is a challenge we have to embrace, take on and we are in a good place to do that. Mentally we are in that place and understand what we will face."

In preparing for the challenge, Parker has looked to add to his side. Fulham are set to complete deals for Kenny Tete and Ola Aina this week. The club have already signed full-back Antonee Robinson, midfield duo Harrison Reed and Mario Lemina and completed a deal for goalkeeper Alphonse Areola on loan from Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday.

"Areola coming in brings competition which is vastly needed in a League which we know is one of the best in the world," Parker said of the France international, who will compete with Marek Rodak for first choice keeper.

"What is vital for me in my position and vital for us to be successful this year is healthy competition. We realise when you have that then there is always someone pushing.

"It will be for me to make a judgement on that [who is No1] at this moment in time I won't do that but the signing is one which I think means they could push each other. I've got two very good keepers here and that is exactly what I need."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/fulham-ready-to-adapt-to-top-flight-expectations-premier-league-scott-parker-a4544621.html

WhiteJC

Bettinelli moves to Middlesbrough on loan

Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli has signed for Middlesbrough this afternoon on a season-long loan.

The former England under-21 international was likely to be second choice behind Marek Rodak at Craven Cottage this season and his chances of first-team football decreased further when the Whites bought in Alphonse Areola on loan from Paris Saint-Germain yesterday.

Bettinelli, now 28, has made 120 senior appearances for Fulham since turning professional in 2010. He was part of two successful promotion-winning sides from the Championship but lost his place to Rodak after a run of iffy displays in the Fulham goal last autumn.

Boro boss Neil Warnock said the opportunity to sign Bettinelli was too good for him to pass up:

I'm really pleased. I've been tracking Marcus since he first got into the team at Fulham a good few years ago and when the opportunity arose to bring him here, I was quick to the call. He's a good lad, he'll fit in well and speaking to him, I've been really impressed by his attitude and his desire to play for us.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/bettinelli-moves-to-middlesbrough-on-loan/

WhiteJC

Marcus Bettinelli: Middlesbrough sign Fulham goalkeeper on loan

Marcus Bettinelli made 14 appearances for Fulham last season, but did not feature after November 2019

Championship club Middlesbrough have signed Fulham goalkeeper Marcus Bettinelli on a season-long loan deal.

The 28-year-old former England Under-21 international has made 120 appearances for the west London club.

"I've been tracking Marcus since he first got into the team at Fulham a good few years ago," Boro boss Neil Warnock told the club website.

"He's a good lad, and I've been really impressed by his attitude and his desire to play for us."

Bettinelli becomes Boro's second signing of the summer transfer window, following the arrival of defender Grant Hall on Teesside.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54104066

WhiteJC

Fulham 'ready for the challenge,' says Parker

Scott Parker says his Fulham side are ready for the challenge of playing in Premier League.

The Fulham boss knows that his team, promoted via the play-offs last month, having largely been written off as top flight cannon fodder following their dismal showing in the top flight two years ago but believes his players will be fired up to prove a point to most of the pundits who have predicted them to finish bottom of the pile this year. Parker feels his side have shown great character and maturity to reach the top flight over the past six months and that will stand them in good stead as they make the step up.

Speaking to the press ahead of Saturday's opening fixture against Arsenal, Parker said:

We need to relish this challenge. We set a challenge last year to get out of the Championship at the first time of asking and we did that. We face a challenge now which is now going from going from the majority of weeks being expected to win, now to be in a division where it is going to be a lot more difficult. It is a challenge we have to embrace, take on and we are in a good place to do that. Mentally we are in that place and understand what we will face.

Parker said that new signing Alphonese Areola, who arrived on loan from Paris Saint-Germain yesterday, will provide stern competition for last season's number one Marek Rodak.

Areola coming in brings competition which is vastly needed in a League which we know is one of the best in the world. What is vital for me in my position and vital for us to be successful this year is healthy competition. We realise when you have that then there is always someone pushing. It will be for me to make a judgement on that. At this moment in time I won't do that but the signing is one which I think means they could push each other. I've got two very good keepers here and that is exactly what I need.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulham-ready-for-the-challenge-says-parker/

WhiteJC

The making of Scott Parker: Fulham boss out to build a Premier League side in his own image

SPECIAL REPORT

Parker out to ensure Fulham's return to the top flight isn't short-lived. ( Getty Images )

An emotional Scott Parker struggled to put it all into words when Fulham secured promotion at Wembley last month.

His post-match interview in which he tried to sum up the 24/7 life as manager by talking about "going at 100mph and losing sight of other things" went viral after it was matched with The Streets' Dry Your Eyes in a YouTube video.

Promotion was the culmination of 18 months' work and the interview demonstrated what it meant to a talented young manager, who will now get a crack at the big league. Parker was put in charge of a sinking ship when he was appointed at the end of the 2018-19 season, with Fulham heading for the Championship. Since then, he has picked up the pieces after a relegation campaign that featured three managers, a host of under-performing signings and left plenty of psychological scars at Craven Cottage.

He has instilled a clear philosophy of hard work and stylish football, and, just 37 days since their Play-Off Final win against Brentford, is ready to make his mark in the top flight. "He's more confident this time," Stuart Gray, Parker's assistant, tells Standard Sport.

"He enjoys being shoulder-to-shoulder with the big Premier League managers who we're going to be taking on. He's very confident in his own ability and he's very confident in the group of lads that we've got. "There aren't many people in their first year of a job that have got promoted. He's earned it. Our next step now is obviously kicking on."

Parker knows Fulham have to do things differently this time. When the Cottagers were promoted two years ago, they ripped up what they had built under Slavisa Jokanovic and spent £100million on new signings.

Most underperformed, the spirit in the squad was broken and Fulham were relegated. This time, Parker has a greater say in the club's transfer activity than his predecessors and the former Charlton, Chelsea, Tottenham, West Ham and England midfielder has shaped a side that mirror his old playing style.

"With Scott, he thought about everything," says his former manager Alan Curbishley. "No one would have worked any harder than he did at becoming a professional footballer."

Parker has taken that work ethic into management and he wants to see from his team, too. "It's no coincidence that he wants players him mirror himself on the training pitch," says Gray.

"Players that give everything for the cause, and then nobody can point a finger at you. If we get beat, we get beat on ability. We don't get beat on application or desire or commitment, because that's how he was as a player and that's what he wants from his team."

Parker's path into management started during his time at Tottenham, when he embarked on his coaching badges. It continued at Fulham, where he earned his UEFA licence while he was still a player, and then began in earnest when he returned to Spurs as Under-18s coach in 2017.

The hours of work he has put in during that time has been building towards this point. He is the first in and last out at Fulham's training ground. He likes to leave nothing to chance and his post-match interview at Wembley gave an insight into the painstaking preparation that many inside the game believe will help establish him alongside Frank Lampard as another talented young English manager in the Premier League.

Parker has been rewarded for the job he is doing with a three-year contract, but keeping Fulham up will not be easy. The Cottagers are among the favourites to go down and they face a tough start at home against Arsenal on Saturday. "He knows Fulham are not going to outplay teams most weeks," says Curbishley. "He will take it in his stride, but he is going to come up against situations he has not faced before. He has had a fantastic season and you'll be lucky if you're going to get another season like that in the Premier League."

The challenge, though, is one Parker will relish. "We're playing week-in, week-out now against world-class players," says Gray. "One mistake, boom, you will get punished. That's what we're trying to work on with these guys, mentality wise, that we give no free gifts away to the opposition. "We can't give them goals — that's what we probably did far too much in the Premier League last time round."

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/the-making-of-scott-parker-fulham-boss-out-to-build-a-premier-league-side-in-his-own-image-a4544656.html

WhiteJC

Report: Fulham make £17m bid to bring 25-year-old back to England; he wants a move

Fulham have made a new bid worth £17 million for Lyon forward Bertrand Traore, according to the Mail.

Like Wolves and Newcastle United, Scott Parker's Premier League newcomers have gone into overdrive with the 2020/21 season due to kick off this weekend.

In Alphonse Areola, Fulham now have a goalkeeper who has won domestic titles with Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid, while a pair of right-backs are set to arrive too.

Sky claim that Torino's Ola Aina and Lyon's Kenny Tete will undergo medicals with the Craven Cottage outfit and should put pen to paper before Saturday's opening day clash at home to Arsenal.

Interestingly, Traore, the Cape Verde international who Fulham have now made two bids for, has something in common with the aforementioned defenders.

Like Aina, he started his career a few miles down the road at Chelsea. And, like Tete, he arrived at Lyon after graduating from the esteemed Ajax finishing school with flying colours.

The Mail reports that Fulham are now stepping up their pursuit of the tricky right winger, offering £17 million – a massive increase on their previous offer of £8 million (Mirror, 4 September, page 74).

And you would imagine that Traore will do everything in his power to force through the move after falling out of favour under Rudi Garcia at the Champions League semi-finalists.

"It is true that there is interest. A departure cannot be ruled out," the 25-year-old told L'Etalon

"I can't stay on the bench all the time. I need to play. I have no time to waste. I'm no longer an 18, 19 or 20-year-old player."

Traore scored just one Ligue 1 goal last season but managed seven and 13 in his previous two years at Stade OL.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/10/report-fulham-make-17m-bid-to-bring-25-year-old-back-to-england-he-wants-a-move/

WhiteJC

Head Coach press conference

Scott Parker knows the foundations that need to be laid if Fulham are to have a successful return to Premier League life.

A monumental team effort saw the Whites promoted from the Championship last season, and Parker wants to see more of the same this time around.

"The challenge now is that we've gone from being expected to win the majority of weeks and trying to get promoted, and we now go into a division where we understand it's going to be a lot more difficult," he said ahead of Saturday's curtain raiser against Arsenal.

"It's a challenge that we have to embrace and take on, and I feel we are in a good place to do that. Mentally we're in a place where we all understand what we face, and we're looking forward to that.

"What we're going to need is a real togetherness, and 11 men every time, sticking together and really fighting for each other.

"We saw that last season with Sheffield United, and that's no disrespect to them and Chris Wilder and the job they've done, because they've done absolutely fantastic, but that's the sort of team we need to look at.

"They had a fantastic year last year and I think Chris would be the first to say that what he demands from his players to get the results is what I'm talking about.

"Other than tactics, which we obviously understand, there is a bigger dynamic which is a squad that is together, a squad that is united, a squad that is on one page, a squad that understands what this league is going to be and what we're going to have to bring every single time.

"And with that, you've got a chance of being successful."

Despite it being the first game of the season at the weekend, Mikel Arteta's Arsenal side can consider themselves in good form, claiming both the FA Cup and Community Shield at Wembley in August.

"I think they could be a big force this season," Parker stated. "There's no denying the quality Arsenal have, the players they have.

"Mikel's done a fantastic job in a short space of time with his team, so I think this year's a big year for Arsenal.

"The quality in their ranks is vast, and you've seen that in the last few months, and when they won the FA Cup as well.

"But like always, like we did last year and we will this year, we'll prepare for this game to try and get a result. We'll prepare for this game to try and hurt them where we feel we can punish them.

"It will be the same for them, we understand their threats and where they can hurt us, and we'll try to counteract that and try and limit them."

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/september/Head-Coach-press conference/

WhiteJC

TMW: Milan losing ground in pursuit of Benfica starlet – Fulham and Leeds keen      

In addition to Sandro Tonali, who was announced by the club yesterday, Milan are looking to bring in one more midfielder. However, they are yet to settle on one player due to complications in the last few days.

Chelsea outcast Tiemoue Bakayoko, who played for the Rossoneri in the 2018/19 season, remains the first choice but the clubs have failed to reach an agreement thus far. As a result of this, Milan are also monitoring several alternatives.

According to TuttoMercatoWeb, Florentino Luis is one of the players on Milan's wish list for the midfield. The 21-year-old, who plays for Benfica, has been linked with the Rossoneri on and off since January and the interest remains.

However, Milan are losing ground in the pursuit, as the newly-promoted Premier League sides Fulham and Leeds are keen on the player. The former, as the report concludes, are in a good position to secure the services of Florentino.

https://sempremilan.com/tmw-milan-losing-ground-in-pursuit-of-benfica-starlet-fulham-and-leeds-keen

WhiteJC

AS Monaco match Fulham's bid for midfielder – Race for player getting big

Just yesterday, we covered the latest claims from Portugal regarding Fulham's chase for Benfica midfielder Florentino Luís.

It was claimed by O Jogo that the Whites' last bid was €2m for a loan deal, plus an obligatory clause to buy him at the end of the spell for €30m.

But Benfica turned it down, as they believe the player is worth at least €40m. Now an update from the Portuguese media claims that Monaco matched Fulham's bid for the 21-year-old.

It's Desporto Ao Minuto who reports it today, reporting the bid was very similar, and since Fulham's offer was turned down, Benfica will do the same now.

With these two bids, it now makes sense that the Eagles are being tough in negotiations for Florentino. The player has been taking part in the club's pre-season, and will be used by manager Jorge Jesus if don't receive a good offer.

So for Fulham to really land him, the club will have to open their pockets and beat the French competition.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/monaco-match-fulhams-bid-midfielder-race-player-getting-big/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker: 'Fulham are still looking to add more new signings'

Fulham manager Scott Parker insists the final say on transfers is his and suggested the club could yet do more deals before the window closes on October 5.

The west London club have already made five additions to their squad this transfer window, including Anthony Knockaert and Harrison Reed who had been on loan at Craven Cottage last season.

Kenny Tete and Ola Aina are also expected to join the club in the coming days, although Parker insisted the deals were not official yet.

"Like anything really we're looking to strengthen the squad and looking to strengthen certain positions so hopefully we can get those two over the line in the coming weeks really," the 43-year-old said.

When asked about other potential deals, Parker added: "We are hoping to do a few things, there is no set number, there are areas of the team we need to improve, areas we need to evolve, for their development and our development as a team we need people coming in to improve us.

"This is the world we live in, part and parcel of football you want to progress – if you can bring people in that you think can make you better, then you will do that."

When Fulham were last promoted to the Premier League in 2018, they spent more than £100million in the summer transfer window, including the signings of Jean Michael Seri, Andre Schurrle and Alfie Mawson.

The club were relegated on April 2 the following year and Parker was named caretaker boss after the sacking of Claudio Ranieri in February 2019, but the ex-England international believes this year will be different.

When asked who makes the final decision in terms of transfers, Parker said: "Do I have the final say on what players come int the football club? 100 percent."

He added: "Are we going to spend 100 million this time? No. But I don't think that's the issue.

"The issue is bringing the right people to the football club who understand what's needed and who understand what we're going into and that's key for me.

"If they improve us, if they enhance us and make us better then that's for sure who we want. Wholesale change? No of course not but at the same time there's a real balancing act of improving as a team and evolving as a football club and getting better and also not losing sight, not losing people who understand and can drive a culture and an environment as needed."

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/fulham/transfer-talk/news/scott-parker-fulham-are-still-looking-to-add-more-new-signings_413767.html

WhiteJC

Scott Parker insists he has the final word on which players Fulham sign

Fulham manager Scott Parker insists the final say on transfers is his and suggested the club could yet do more deals before the window closes on October 5.

The west London club have already made five additions to their squad this transfer window, including Anthony Knockaert and Harrison Reed who had been on loan at Craven Cottage last season.

Kenny Tete and Ola Aina are also expected to join the club in the coming days, although Parker insisted the deals were not official yet.

"Like anything really we're looking to strengthen the squad and looking to strengthen certain positions so hopefully we can get those two over the line in the coming weeks really," the 43-year-old said.

When asked about other potential deals, Parker added: "We are hoping to do a few things, there is no set number, there are areas of the team we need to improve, areas we need to evolve, for their development and our development as a team we need people coming in to improve us.

"This is the world we live in, part and parcel of football you want to progress – if you can bring people in that you think can make you better, then you will do that."

When Fulham were last promoted to the Premier League in 2018, they spent more than £100million in the summer transfer window, including the signings of Jean Michael Seri, Andre Schurrle and Alfie Mawson.

The club were relegated on April 2 the following year and Parker was named caretaker boss after the sacking of Claudio Ranieri in February 2019, but the ex-England international believes this year will be different.

When asked who makes the final decision in terms of transfers, Parker said: "Do I have the final say on what players come int the football club? 100 percent."

He added: "Are we going to spend 100 million this time? No. But I don't think that's the issue.

"The issue is bringing the right people to the football club who understand what's needed and who understand what we're going into and that's key for me.

"If they improve us, if they enhance us and make us better then that's for sure who we want. Wholesale change? No of course not but at the same time there's a real balancing act of improving as a team and evolving as a football club and getting better and also not losing sight, not losing people who understand and can drive a culture and an environment as needed."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-insists-he-has-the-final-word-on-which-players-fulham-sign-1599750473000

WhiteJC

Report: Free agent would prefer to join Everton or Fulham than West Brom

West Bromwich Albion have made a tempting offer for Branislav Ivanovic, but the three-time Premier League champion would choose Fulham or Everton over a move to The Hawthorns, according to B92.

It is not often a 36-year-old free agent finds himself in such high demand.

But, then again, there are few players on the market with a CV like Ivanovic's.

Before you suggest that the Chelsea hero is a man past his prime, consider this: he captained Zenit St Petersburg to the Russian title as recently as July.

Ivanovic is now available for nothing after his contract at the Gazprom Arena expired, and B92 back up claims from Championat suggesting that newly-promoted West Brom have entered negotiations.

Unfortunately for Slaven Bilic, the Baggies are third in Ivanovic's pecking order, behind Fulham and Everton.

During nine trophy-laden years at Chelsea, the 105-capped Serbia international made a home for himself in West London, and Scott Parker's Fulham will offer him the chance to return to familiar surroundings.

A move to Goodison Park, however, would see Ivanovic reunite with his former Blues boss Carlo Ancelotti, the charming grandfather of European football who has already been reunited with two of his favourite sons this summer: Allan and James Rodriguez.

"Ancelotti is very different. If players had a choice, I guess they would prefer to spend the entire career with Carlo. He is very calm and takes all the negative aspects on him, allowing the players to be comfortable," Ivanovic told ESPN in 2017.

West Brom can at least hang their hat on the fact that they are the only Premier League club to have actually made a serious offer so far for the rampaging right-back turned centre-half collosus.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/10/report-free-agent-would-prefer-to-join-everton-or-fulham-than-west-brom/

WhiteJC

Know Your Foe: Fulham
We chatted with Cottagers Confidential to get the inside scoop on the newly promoted side.

Ahead of Arsenal's trip to Craven Cottage for their Premier League opener against newly promoted Fulham, we had a quick chat with Andrew Beck of Cottagers Confidential, our SB Nation sister blog.

We're going to try to be more regular with Know Your Foe / 3 Questions this season. It's nice to get a different voice and perspective on the other Premier League clubs.

TSF: What's different about Fulham since the last time they were up?

AB: The last time Fulham came up they had a massive roster turnover, this time they've added some pieces (with hopefully more still to come), but there will be much more continuity with the squad that won promotion.

The other big difference is the style that they will be playing. Under Slavisa Jokanivic, they were designed to have the ball and apply constant offensive pressure. Unfortunately, they didn't really have anyone who could win the ball, which is sort of a big problem when your team can't function without it. To make matters worse the defenders weren't good enough, especially when teams could easily bypass the midfield.

Scott Parker will still want the team to have the ball, but in possession it will be much more that the other team doesn't have it rather than attacking with it. The best comparison might be to the boring Brendan Rogers kind of attack.

TSF: What do Arsenal, and the other Premier League clubs, have to watch out for? How are Fulham going to beat you?

AB: Aleksander Mitrovic is still a physical beast who's surprisingly skilled. He's going to be a handful for almost any centerback, and that's before you take into account his reputation for pushing the limits on dirty play.

Fulham also have a lot of guys who are in love with shooting from distance. The attacking midfield seemed to endlessly beat their man near the top of the box and then shoot rather than work for an opportunity nearer to goal. It led to a lot of highlight reel moments, but it isn't the most sustainable way to attack. You definitely need to be prepared for it though, because there will be 4 or 5 guys on the pitch willing and able to take that shot.

TSF: What's a realistic expectation for Fulham? Do they have enough to stay up?

AB: Staying up would be the realistic goal. Anything more than that is gravy. Being a London club, with a big stadium renovation soon to be completed, means they should have the financial clout to stay midtable long term if they can just make it through a year.

Right now, I don't think they have enough. But there should be at least one more fullback coming in. They still need another CB, because Tim Ream isn't going to cut it at his age. That being said, the bottom half of the premier league was awful last year, and I'm not sure how much better some of those teams were than the top Championship clubs (I expect Leeds to really show this). I also don't think many clubs outside of the top 4 have done all that much to strengthen themselves. You could easily talk me into any combination of 9 teams ending in the bottom three. So just playing the odds I think they're more likely than not to stay up.

Thanks so much to Andrew for taking the time!

https://theshortfuse.sbnation.com/2020/9/10/21430718/arsenal-fulham-preview-questions-scott-parker

WhiteJC

Tete completes Fulham move

Fulham have signed Dutch international defender Kenny Tete from Lyon for a fee believed to be in the region of £3m.

The 24 year-old has signed a four-year contract, with Fulham holding an option to increase it for another year. The full back was part of the Lyon side that reached the Champions' League semi-finals, coming on a substitute as the French team shocked Manchester City in the last eight, but was largely a second choice in recent times with Lyon and is delighted to have sealed his switch to SW6.

Tete told Fulham's official website:

It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here. I cannot wait to start my new journey and meet my new teammates. I heard of Fulham's interest and I was bowled over. I spoke with people around me and knew quickly I wanted to leave Lyon and join Fulham. The team is back in the Premeir League now and I will give 100 percent to keep us there.

Tete originally came through the Ajax youth academy, making 55 appearances for his hometown club and helping them reach the final of the Europa League in 2017 before moving to France. He has won thirteen senior caps for Holland and was an unused substitute in the recent Nations League clash with Italy.

Fulham's director of football operations Tony Khan said:

I'm excited to announce the permanent transfer of Kenny Tete to Fulham Football Club. With the addition of Kenny, we've strengthened our squad to compete in the Premier League. He's a young player with great experience, and I'm thrilled that he's joining us on a long contract. I'm confident that with his talent and his desire to win, he'll be a great asset for us now and in future seasons.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/tete-completes-fulham-move/

WhiteJC

Kenny Tete Signs

The Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Netherlands international defender Kenny Tete.

Right-back Tete has signed from Lyon for an undisclosed fee on a four-year deal, with a Club option to extend by a further 12 months.

"It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here," the 24-year-old said to FFCtv. "I cannot wait to start my new journey and meet my new teammates.

"I heard of Fulham's interest and I was bowled over. I spoke with people around me and knew quickly I wanted to leave Lyon and join Fulham.

"The team is back in the Premier League now and I will give 100 percent to keep us there."

Tony Khan also commented: "I'm excited to announce the permanent transfer of Kenny Tete to Fulham Football Club.

"With the addition of Kenny, we've strengthened our squad to compete in the Premier League. He's a young player with great experience, and I'm thrilled that he's joining us on a long contract.

"I'm confident that with his talent and his desire to win, he'll be a great asset for us now and in future seasons. Come on Fulham!"

Tete arrives fresh from a fantastic UEFA Champions League campaign, with Lyon making their way to the Semi-Finals having eliminated some big sides along the way.

The Dutch international should feel right at home in SW6 as he too knows how to knock Juventus out of Europe, featuring in both games as Lyon triumphed over the Old Lady across two legs.

He also helped them to dispatch Manchester City 3-1 in the Quarter-Finals, before Lyon's valiant effort was brought to an end by eventual winners Bayern Munich in the Semis.

Tete helped Lyon to a 4-1 win in their first game of the current season last Friday, which proved to be the last of his 82 appearances for the club.

Prior to his time in France, Tete was a regular for Ajax, his local side having been born in Amsterdam.

He made his debut for the senior side in the 2014/15 season, and went on to make 55 appearances for the Club, including helping them reach the 2017 Europa League Final.

Having represented the Netherlands at youth level up to Under-21, he made his full international debut a day after turning 20 and has now gone on to win 13 caps. Tete was a member of the Dutch squad for the recent Nations League matches.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2020/september/Kenny-Tete-Signs/

WhiteJC

Premier League left facing £100million loss each month without fans

The top flight will be on the receiving end of enormous financial losses with fans unable to flock to stadiums due to the current social distancing rules in place

Aston Villa chief executive Christian Purslow has warned the Premier League could lose £100million a month as long as fans are locked out.

Purslow says Villa Park's 42,000-capacity would be reduced to just 4,000 under the current rules for social distancing.

He wants to see potential test events expanded from 1,000 fans to thousands of supporters who are let in after they have been tested for coronavirus.

Purslow said: "Every month we delay return of fans costs Premier League over £100m.

"That has profound impact on the football economy.

"The only thing you will learn from having 1,000 fans in a stadium in a football test event is that football clubs lose huge amounts of money when their stadiums are empty and that has a profound impact on the economy of football.

The Premier League could lose £100million per month (Image: EMPICS Sport)

"The government have been in possession for over two months of a wide-ranging proposal for a set of test events that should have taken place in September, including what we thought of as a pioneering event in central London to try and move away from this social distancing limitation as the basis of which to determine how many fans can come in.

"In our stadium if we applied the one metre plus metric only about 4,000 fans could come in to 42,000-seater Villa Park and anyone can see that's not viable.

"We are advocating a testing largely in line with rugby where a huge amount of accurate pre-testing is done of a known audience of fans before and after matches.

"That not only provides a safe environment but helps the government with a very large sample size.

"We were proposing 50 per cent in a large London stadium which would have been the biggest sample ever taken."

The new Premier League season kicks off on Saturday afternoon, though Villa wait until the following weekend to play due to their opening clash with Manchester City being postponed.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-100million-loss-fans-22662688

WhiteJC

Premier League reveal revised TV schedule for matchday three now every game is to be broadcast in September... with Crystal Palace v Everton to be Amazon Prime's first game of the new season

All of the Premier League matches in September are to be broadcast live
    Crystal Palace versus Everton will be Amazon Prime's first game of the season
    Tottenham's clash against Newcastle will now be shown on Sky Sports

The Premier League have confirmed the TV changes for the final round of September fixtures, with Crystal Palace versus Everton to be shown on Amazon Prime.

The match will kick off at 3pm on Saturday September 26, with every Premier League game in September to be broadcast as fans are still not permitted to attend matches.

Meanwhile, Tottenham's game at home to Newcastle will now be shown on Sky Sports.

Amazon Prime's first live game of the season will be Crystal Palace against Everton

Originally scheduled for September 26, it will now take place a day later and will kick off at 2pm.

Another change sees West Ham versus Wolves moved to a 7pm kick off on September 27, with the game being shown on BT Sport.

Burnley versus Southampton on September 26 will kick off at 8pm and be shown on Sky Sports.

Two games will also be shown on Sky Sports on Monday September 28, with Fulham versus Aston Villa taking place at 6pm before Liverpool host Arsenal in an 8.15pm kick-off.

MATCHDAY THREE FIXTURES
Saturday September 26

12:30 Brighton v Man Utd (BT Sport)

15:00 Crystal Palace v Everton (Amazon Prime)**This may move to 19:00 BST 27 September depending on PL club participation in the third round of the EFL Cup

17:30 West Brom v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

20:00 Burnley v Southampton (Sky Sports)

Sunday September 27

12:00 Sheffield Utd v Leeds (BT Sport)

14:00 Spurs v Newcastle (Sky Sports)

16:30 Man City v Leicester (Sky Sports)

19:00 West Ham v Wolves (BT Sport)**This may move to 15:00 BST 26 September depending on PL club participation in the third round of the EFL Cup

Monday September 28

18:00 Fulham v Aston Villa (Sky Sports)20:15 Liverpool v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8719339/Premier-League-confirm-TV-changes-final-round-September-fixtures.html

WhiteJC

Report: Monaco rival Fulham and Leeds for Florentino Luis, £29m offer submitted

According to Tuttomercatoweb, Monaco are rivalling newly promoted Fulham and Leeds United for Benifca midfielder Florentino Luis having submitted an offer.

The Portugal U21 international has been heavily linked with a summer move.

A recent report from Record claim Leeds and Fulham want him, with the latter launching a loan offer with the option to buy him in the region of £25 million.

But now it looks like the Premier League duo could miss out.

According to Italian editorial TMW, Monaco have trumped Fulham's bid with their own loan proposal with a future buyout clause of up to £29 million.

Luis has made plenty of headlines in his native Portugal following some terrific displays.

Florentino Luis earns plenty of plaudits:

Former Benfica coach Joao Tralhao has compared the holding midfielder with Brazil international Casemiro, telling Bernabeu Digital how Real Madrid should sign him.

"Florentino is a young player who has exceptional talent. From very early on, we realized that Florentino was on the road to becoming an elite player. I see Florentino as a logical option (for Real Madrid). He has a profile very similar to that of Casemiro and in Europe he is, without a doubt, one of the best in his position," Tralhao explained.

Fulham will be looking to strengthen their midfield as the Cottagers look to establish themselves in the Premier League following their promotion via the playoffs.

Scott Parker's side made a mess of their 2018-19 campaign in the top-flight.

But this time around, it seems Fulham have been more diligent in the transfer market as they seek top young talent such as Luis who would have a high re-sale price.

If the latest reports are true, however, both Fulham and Marcelo Bielsa's Leeds could struggle to win the race for his signature as Niko Kovac looks to rebuild Monaco.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/10/report-monaco-rival-fulham-and-leeds-for-florentino-luis-29m-offer-submitted/