more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff - 11/09/20...

Started by WhiteJC, September 10, 2020, 01:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham complete signing of defender Tete

Fulham have confirmed the signing of right-back Kenny Tete and are bringing former Chelsea defender Ola Aina back to west London from Torino.

Netherlands international Tete, 24, has signed a four-year contract with the option of a further year.

"It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here," he said.

"I cannot wait to start my new journey and meet my new team-mates."

Aina, 23, signed for Torino from Chelsea on a permanent deal last year after impressing during a season on loan.

A product of Chelsea's academy, London-born Nigeria international Aina made six first-team appearances for the Blues – four of them as a substitute. He also had a season on loan at Hull City.

He is set to move to Craven Cottage on a season-long loan with a view to a permanent move.

https://www.westlondonsport.com/chelsea/fulham-ola-aina-deal-close-kenny-tete-signs

WhiteJC

Fulham Coach Parker Confirms Signing Of Chelsea Product Aina Is Still In The

Fulham coach Scott Parker attended a mandatory press conference on Thursday ahead of his side's Premier League curtain raiser against Arsenal at Craven Cottage on Saturday afternoon.

Ola Aina has been linked with an imminent move to the Cottagers since Sunday but surprisingly the newly-promoted Premier League club have not yet confirmed his signing.

The Nigeria international has been excluded from Torino's training camp in Biella amid speculation linking him with a return to England, a season after he moved to the Maroons on a permanent deal.

Parker admitted that Aina is a transfer target for Fulham and hopes to get the deal over the line.

Asked about the imminent arrival of Aina, Parker told reporters including Football.London : "At this point these players aren't officially signed. Players we're looking at but not official.

"We're looking to strengthen certain suspicions. Hopefully we can get a couple over the line."

Though Aina is a Nigeria international, he will count as a homegrown player when he joins Fulham.

Igho Kingsley

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=37343

WhiteJC

Euro player in London with big decision on horizon after West Brom table offer – report

West Brom have made a better offer for free agent Branislav Ivanovic than Fulham, according to Serbian news broadcaster B92.

Ex-Chelsea defender Ivanovic, 36, is available on a free transfer after being released by Zenit St Petersburg at the end of last season, in which he captained his side to the Russian Premier League title.

B92 now reports that the former Serbia international is in London ahead of making a decision on his next move amid interest from West Brom, Fulham and Everton.

It is understood that Ivanovic would like to stay in London but is not impressed by what Fulham have offered him.

West Brom have reportedly offered a better deal than the Cottagers but the idea of joining up with former Chelsea manager Carlo Ancelotti at Everton is appealing.

B92 adds that Ivanovic is not rushing into a decision on his future but with the Premier League set to kick off this weekend, Albion might want a bit more urgency from their transfer target.

Telegraph journalist John Percy – who gets very little wrong on the Baggies – has reported that Ivanovic could become a new arrival at The Hawthorns within the next couple of days and sign a season-long contract.

But the news emerging from Serbia suggests the deal is anything but close.

Slaven Bilic has lost a lot of experience from his squad since the end of last season and Ivanovic, who won three Premier League titles and a Champions League with Chelsea, has that in abundance, as well as the leadership characteristics the defence could do with.

However, Bilic has a well-stocked defence as it is.

Ivanovic can play at right-back and centre-back but Bilic has Dara O'Shea and Darnell Furlong at right-back while Semi Ajayi, Kyle Bartley, Ahmed Hegazi and new signing Cedric Kipre are the four centre-backs.

If Ivanovic arrives, would someone be moved on by the Baggies in a bid to boost their transfer budget?

With Bilic yet to sign a new striker, West Brom could be looking at ways to raise funds and signing Ivanovic for free and selling someone on for a transfer fee could help in that area.

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/09/10/euro-player-in-london-with-big-decision-on-horizon-after-west-brom-table-offer-report/

WhiteJC

Fulham's home clash with Aston Villa moved

Fulham's second home game of the season – against Aston Villa – has been rescheduled for a second time.

The Whites will now meet Dean Smith's side on Monday 28th September, with kick off at 6pm, and the game will still be televised live on Sky Sports.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulhams-home-clash-with-aston-villa-moved/

WhiteJC

Interesting details emerge about Fulham's pursuit of Aston Villa man before Brentford exit

Brentford were reluctant to sell Ollie Watkins to Fulham due to the local rivalry between the two sides, according to a report from The Athletic.

The Bees striker scored 26 times last season and helped them reach the play-off final but always looked likely to seal a Premier League move after defeat to Fulham at Wembley.

Watkins secured that top-flight move by joining Aston Villa earlier this week in a deal worth up to £33 million.

Villa beat out a string of Premier League sides to the 24-year-old's signature, with Fulham, Leeds United, and Crystal Palace among those linked.

A report from The Athletic has revealed that while Leeds were ready to go hell for leather for the striker before they landed Rodrigo, Fulham's chances of landing the Bees man were slim.

The report claims that Brentford were reluctant to sell Watkins to the Craven Cottage outfit due to the local rivalry between the two sides – with both playing in west London.

In Aleksander Mitrovic, Fulham already have a proven goalscorer but if their last season in the top flight is anything to go by, Scott Parker's side may want to add reinforcements.

The west London club finished one place off the bottom of the Premier League and were relegated in the 2018/19 season.

The Verdict

This shouldn't come as a huge surprise. There is no love lost between Brentford and Fulham, particularly after the play-off final.

If the Bees had lost that game and then sold their star striker to the Craven Cottage side, you feel there would've been uproar from the fans.

£33 million would likely have been more than Fulham wanted to pay for a new forward given they already have Mitrovic at the club.

The Serbian was neck and neck with Watkins on goals last term, it's going to be interesting to see how the duo fair in the Premier League this season.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/interesting-details-emerge-about-fulhams-pursuit-of-aston-villa-man-before-brentford-exit/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Kenny Tete from Lyon for £3m on four-year deal
Torino defender Ola Aina set to join Scott Parker's side on loan with £11m option to buy

Fulham have signed defender Kenny Tete from Lyon for £3m on a four-year deal with the option to extend by another year.

Tete has won 13 caps for the Netherlands and came through the Ajax youth academy after joining at the age of 10.

The 24-year-old right-back made 55 appearances for Ajax, helping them reach the Europa League final in 2017, before moving to Lyon for £3.6m that summer.

He was an unused substitute in the Netherlands' 1-0 home defeat to Italy in the Nations League on Monday.

"It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here," Tete told FFCtv. "I cannot wait to start my new journey and meet my new team-mates.

"I heard of Fulham's interest and I was bowled over. I spoke with people around me and knew quickly I wanted to leave Lyon and join Fulham.

"The team is back in the Premier League now and I will give 100 per cent to keep us there."

Aina completes Fulham medical
Torino defender Ola Aina has completed a medical at Fulham and will join Scott Parker's side on loan with an £11m option to buy.

Former England youth international Aina is a graduate of Chelsea's academy and spent over a decade at the club.

He spent the 2017/18 campaign away on loan at Hull before making a season-long loan move to Torino the following year.

The Serie A side took up the option to make Aina's move from Chelsea permanent in June 2019. The 23-year-old made 37 appearances for Torino last season.

Before Tete's arrival Fulham had made three close-season acquisitions following their return to the Premier League, with goalkeeper Alphonse Areola arriving from Paris Saint-Germain, Mario Lemina joining on a season-long loan and Harrison Reed signing on a permanent basis after spending last season at Craven Cottage.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11681/12067994/fulham-sign-kenny-tete-from-lyon-for-3m-on-four-year-deal

WhiteJC

Exclusive: Fulham fight Aston Villa to sign proven star after big offer submitted

Fulham have joined Aston Villa in the race to sign Josh King in this window, Football Insider understands.

The two clubs are both looking to bring in another centre-forward ahead of the new Premier League campaign.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that Fulham have registered their interest in King and are preparing an offer.

This comes after Bournemouth rejected a £16million bid from Villa for King as they hold out for their £20million for the 28-year-old to be met.

Villa are keen on King even though they signed Ollie Watkins from Brentford this week for an initial £28m rising to a potential £33m with add-ons.

King has scored 48 goals in 161 Premier League appearances and has proven his versatility by playing in a variety of attacking roles.

However, he was not prolific in attack last season with just six goals and four assists to his name in 26 top-flight games.

Nevertheless, King is able to play a number of roles including as the main spearhead, on both flanks and in a second striker role.

Villa's top scoring striker last season was Wesley with six goals across all competitions while Keinan Davis and January signing Mbwana Samatta struggled to find the net.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-fulham-fight-aston-villa-to-sign-proven-star-after-big-offer-submitted/

WhiteJC

Inter Pondering Move For Fulham's Jean Michael Seri British Broadcaster Claims

Inter could possibly make a move to sign Fulham central midfielder Jean Michael Seri according to a report from British broadcaster Sky Sport.

Inter have shown an interest in signing Chelsea's N'Golo Kante but do not have the funds to sign him right now and could therefoe move for Seri, who would be more affordable for them if they move a player out.

Inter could potentially bring the Ivorian midfielder to the club on a loan basis and the report explains that Fulham are prepared to listen to offers for Seri, who spent the duration of the 2019/20 season out on loan at Turkish Super Lig side Galatasaray.

The 29-year-old joined the Cottagers back in the Summer of 2018 and is under contract with them until the end of the 2021/22 season.

During his loan spell with Galasaray last term, the 29-year-old made 37 appearances across all competitions in which he scored two goals and provided his teammates with four assists.

https://sempreinter.com/2020/09/10/inter-pondering-move-for-fulhams-jean-michael-seri-british-broadcaster-claims/

WhiteJC

Fulham sign Dutch defender Tete

Right-back becomes promoted club's fifth senior summer signing after joining from Lyon

Fulham have announced the signing of right-back Kenny Tete.

The Dutch international has agreed a four-year deal with a club option to extend by a further 12 months.

"It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here," Tete told the club's official website. "I cannot wait to start my new journey and meet my new teammates.

"I heard of Fulham's interest and I was bowled over. I spoke with people around me and knew quickly I wanted to leave Lyon and join Fulham.

"The team is back in the Premier League now and I will give 100 per cent to keep us there."

Tete featured 18 times in Ligue 1 for Lyon last season and provided one assist.

The 24-year-old also made five appearances in the UEFA Champions League as the French side reached the semi-finals.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1820803

WhiteJC

Fulham 'preparing offer for King'

Fulham have registered their interest with Bournemouth in signing striker Josh King, according to the Football Insider.

The Cherries have rejected a £16m bid from Aston Villa for the Norwegian international and Fulham are now said to be preparing their own offer. Bournemouth are apparently holding out until a club meets their £20m valuation of the 28 year-old forward.

Villa's interest is rumoured to be unaffected by their success in bringing Brentford striker Ollie Watkins to Villa Park this week as Dean Smith wants to sign another striker and address Villa's goalscoring problems as the new Premier League season approaches. Fulham would likely view King, who came through the Manchester United academy after starring in Norwegian youth football, as a potential back-up for Aleksandar Mitrovic given that the Whites have little in the way of forward cover should the Serbian striker get injured.

King has scored 50 goals in 167 appearances for Bournemouth – registering 16 Premier League goals in 2016/2017 and twelve in 2018/19. He managed just six in 27 games last term as Bournemouth were relegated from the top flight. King has scored 17 international goals in 48 appearances for Norway.

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2020/09/fulham-preparing-offer-for-king/

WhiteJC

Parker's top-flight coaching credentials to be tested; one huge Fulham dilemma to solve

In Fulham's last Premier League stint, a huge injustice occurred before a ball was even kicked.

Slaviša Jokanović dropped Marcus Bettinelli from the matchday squad for the Cottagers' opening day fixture against Crystal Palace, in place of new arrivals Sergio Rico and Fabri.

Cruelly, that came despite the Englishman keeping 14 clean sheets in 29 games as promotion was earned via the Play-Offs in 2017/18.

Funnily enough, history appears to be repeating itself. Scott Parker – who was part of Jokanović's backroom staff when the Serb made his harsh decision – looks to have the exact same situation on his hands.

The ex-West Ham midfielder guided the Cottagers back into the top flight via the play-offs and now has a dilemma in between the sticks.

World Cup winning goalkeeper Alphonse Areola arrived on a season-long loan deal on Wednesday. The Frenchman boasts Champions League experience from his time with Real Madrid and PSG.

However, despite Areola's pedigree, Marek Rodak cannot be dropped – not straight away, at least.

Parker himself watched the injustice involving Bettinelli take place, and he simply cannot allow history to repeat itself by replicating the move now.

The Slovakian shot-stopper made 36 appearances last term, keeping 15 clean sheets for Fulham. His fine efforts mean that he deserves to start the season as No.1, despite the vast qualities of the glitzy new recruit.

It will prove to be a real test of Parker's top-flight coaching credentials.

Will he be able to handle the potential unhappiness of Areola if he leaves such an accomplished figure on the bench? Or will he stick to his guns and be fair to the man who helped get Fulham promoted?

With morality in mind, he should definitely do the latter.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/09/10/parkers-top-flight-coaching-credentials-to-be-tested-one-huge-fulham-dilemma-to-solve/

WhiteJC

Kenny Tete: Dutch defender joins on four-year deal from Lyon

Kenny Tete featured for Lyon against Manchester City in August's Champions League quarter-final

Fulham have signed Netherlands defender Kenny Tete from French club Lyon for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old joins on a four-year contract with the option to extend the deal for a further 12 months.

Tete, who has 13 international caps, began his career at Ajax before joining Lyon in 2017.

"The team is back in the Premier League now and I will give 100% to keep us there," the Dutchman said after completing his move on Thursday.

The right-back helped his former side reach the Champions League semi-finals in August and played against Dijon last week.

"It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here," Tete told FFCtv. "I cannot wait to start my new journey and meet my new team-mates.

Fulham host Arsenal in their opening Premier League fixture of the new season on Saturday (12:30 BST).

Tony Khan, Fulham's sporting director, said the arrival of Tete "strengthened our squad to compete in the Premier League".

"He's a young player with great experience, and I'm thrilled that he's joining us on a long contract."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54109423

WhiteJC

Club reportedly close to signing Fulham player – Talks already held with president

Turkish newspaper Fanatik claim Super Lig side Goztepe are very close to signing Fulham goalkeeper Fabri.

The Spanish goalkeeper, who previously played in Turkey with Besiktas before departing for Fulham in 2018, is said to be wanted by the Aegean side.

Previous reports from Turkey claimed Goztepe president Mehmet Sepil held talks with the player during lockdown and also invited him over to Izmir for a further chat.

Fanatik adds Goztepe manager Ilhan Palut is a big fan of the player and is looking to sign him to replace Portuguese goalkeeper Beto, who departed the club earlier this summer.

It seems Fabri isn't in the plans of Fulham manager Scott Parker after he was loaned out to La Liga side Mallorca last season.

Earlier in the transfer window the former Deportivo man was also linked with a return to Besiktas, but at the time it was said their manager Sergen Yalcin wasn't keen to re-sign him.

Fabri's contract at Craven Cottage will expire at the end of next season.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-reportedly-close-signing-fulham-player/

WhiteJC

Fulham confirms Tete signing

Fulham has confirmed the signing of Dutch international right-back Kenny Tete from Olympique Lyon.

Tete has signed a four-year deal with the Premier League side, who have paid Lyon around €3.2 million for the 24-year-old.

Tete told the Fulham website, "I can't wait to start my new journey. When I heard of Fulham's interest, I was thrilled. I spoke to people in my area and quickly knew I wanted to exchange Lyon for Fulham."

The former Ajax right-back has been with Lyon since 2017 but has become a reserve at the club and could count on little playing time.

http://www.football-oranje.com/fulham-confirms-tete-signing/

WhiteJC

Fulham ahead of Leeds in race to sign Euro midfielder who edges towards PL switch – report

Fulham appear to be in pole position to sign Benfica midfielder Florentino Luis despite interest from Leeds United, according to TuttoMercatoWeb.

The Italian news outlet claims that AC Milan are losing grip in their bid to sign the 21-year-old, who is edging closer towards joining a club in the Premier League.

And, based on this report, Fulham are favourites to land the Portugal Under-21 international but Leeds are also said to be an option.

Florentino was strongly linked with Leeds earlier in the transfer window.

Portuguese news outlet Maisfutebol reported in July that Leeds explored the possibility of signing the holding midfielder on a loan-to-buy basis but the Daily Mail followed up that report in August by saying that Benfica want £40million for a permanent deal.

Leeds have already spent a lot of money this summer and we highly doubt they will lock themselves into spending that £40million on a player next summer – especially after what happened with Jean-Kevin Augustin.

For that sort of money, you would expect Florentino to be talked about as one of the best up-and-coming defensive midfielders in Europe but that simply isn't the case.

He started just eight league matches for Benfica last season as he struggled to hold down a spot in the side while also suffering with injury issues.

Plus, Leeds have a top holding midfielder in Kalvin Phillips and also have back-up options in Adam Forshaw, Robin Koch and Pascal Struijk.

The Yorkshire giants may well have their sights on Florentino.

But are they going to sign him? There's more chance of Patrick Bamford winning the 2020/21 Premier League golden boot.

https://motleedsnews.com/transfers/fulham-ahead-of-leeds-in-race-to-sign-euro-midfielder-who-edges-towards-pl-switch-report/

WhiteJC

Scott Parker gets ahead in transfer market as Kenny Tete joins Fulham

Fulham have signed Holland defender Kenny Tete from Lyon for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old right-back has agreed a four-year deal, with the Premier League newcomers holding an option to extend by a further 12 months.

"It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here," Tete told FFCtv. "I can not wait to start my new journey and meet my new team-mates.

Amsterdam-born Tete, who has won 13 caps for Holland, began his career at Ajax before joining Lyon in 2017.
Advertisement

Tete helped Lyon reached the semi-finals of the 2019-20 Champions League and made the last of his 82 appearances for the club in the 4-1 win over Dijon a week ago.

Fulham sporting director Tony Khan said: "With the addition of Kenny, we've strengthened our squad to compete in the Premier League.

"He's a young player with great experience, and I'm thrilled that he's joining us on a long contract.

"I'm confident that with his talent and his desire to win, he'll be a great asset for us now and in future seasons."

Manager Scott Parker insists the final say on transfers is his and suggested the club could yet do more deals before the window closes on October 5.

Fulham have now made six additions to their squad this transfer window, including Anthony Knockaert and Harrison Reed who had been on loan at Craven Cottage last season, and former Chelsea wing-back Ola Aina is expected to be the next arrival.

"Like anything really we're looking to strengthen the squad and looking to strengthen certain positions so hopefully we can get those two over the line in the coming weeks really," Parker said.

When asked about other potential deals, he added: "We are hoping to do a few things, there is no set number, there are areas of the team we need to improve, areas we need to evolve, for their development and our development as a team we need people coming in to improve us.

"This is the world we live in, part and parcel of football you want to progress – if you can bring people in that you think can make you better, then you will do that."

When Fulham were last promoted to the Premier League in 2018, they spent more than £100million in the summer transfer window, including the signings of Jean Michael Seri, Andre Schurrle and Alfie Mawson.

The west London club were relegated on April 2 the following year and Parker was named caretaker boss after the sacking of Claudio Ranieri in February 2019, but the ex-England international believes this year will be different.

When asked who makes the final decision in terms of transfers, Parker said: "Do I have the final say on what players come into the football club? 100 per cent."

"Are we going to spend 100 million this time? No. But I don't think that's the issue.

"The issue is bringing the right people to the football club who understand what's needed and who understand what we're going into and that's key for me."

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/scott-parker-gets-ahead-in-transfer-market-as-kenny-tete-joins-fulham-1599756209000

WhiteJC

Fulham signing this 27-year-old Bundesliga star would be a fantastic addition to their backline

Why Martin Hinteregger to Fulham would be a real coup this summer

According to The Sun (September 6; Page 62), Fulham have been linked with a move for Eintracht Frankfurt centre-back Martin Hinteregger as Scott Parker prepares to bolster his backline after securing promotion to the Premier League.

As per the report, Parker is keen to bring the Austrian international to Craven Cottage this summer and Fulham could make a formal offer for his services before the October deadline.

The Cottagers have already secured permanent deals for last season's loanees, Harrison Reed and Anthony Knockaert, as well as Wigan left-back Antonee Robinson. Mario Lemina has also been roped in on loan from Southampton to add more depth to the midfield.

Martin Hinteregger rose through the youth ranks of RB Salzburg in his homeland and went on to make over 200 senior appearances for his boyhood club, winning four domestic titles in the process.

After an unsuccessful loan spell at Borussia Monchengladbach, the 27-year-old eventually earned a permanent move to the German Bundesliga with Augsburg back in the summer of 2016.

Hinteregger established himself as a regular starter at Augsburg and spent two-and-a-half seasons there before switching boats to join Eintracht Frankfurt on loan for the second half of the 2018-19 campaign.

The Austrian international signed a permanent deal with Frankfurt last summer after guiding the club to the semi-final of the 2018-19 UEFA Europa League, where they eventually lost to Chelsea.  Hinteregger made 49 appearances across all competitions in the previous campaign, scoring 9 times, as Frankfurt reached the last-16 of the Europa League and finished 9th in the Bundesliga.

Fulham need some defensive upgrades
Fulham conceded just 48 goals in 46 Championship games last season en route to their 4th-place finish in the second tier, which was pretty impressive as compared to some of the other teams in the division.

However, it's worth reminding that the Cottagers finished 19th in the Premier League standings during the 2018-19 season, with almost exactly the same set of defenders. Michael Hector was the only new addition to their backline in the Championship last season.

Indeed, Fulham's leaky backline was one of the key reasons behind their undoing in the top-flight a couple of years ago. Scott Parker needs to keep that in mind while reshuffling his squad in the summer window.

Tim Ream and Denis Odoi, both 32 now, struggled to make a big impact in the Premier League last time around, while Maxime Le Marchand was equally unimpressive. Alfie Mawson, a player with PL experience, has been shipped out on loan to Bristol City for the upcoming campaign, which is a clear indication that a backline reshuffle could well be on the cards at Craven Cottage.

To put things into perspective, Martin Hinteregger could bring loads of quality and experience to a Fulham backline that is in dire need of a marquee signing this summer. The Austrian has already proven his mettle as a dominant centre-back in the Bundesliga and also in the Europa League, so his arrival would definitely hand a massive boost to a promoted club like Fulham.

https://www.mediareferee.com/2020/09/11/why-martin-hinteregger-to-fulham-would-be-a-real-coup-this-summer/

WhiteJC

Fulham seal deal for Holland right-back; Scott Parker makes transfer vow

Fulham have secured the signing of Holland defender Kenny Tete from Lyon for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old right-back has agreed a four-year deal at Craven Cottage. The Premier League newcomers also hold an option to extend by a further 12 months.

"It is a great feeling. I feel blessed to be here," Tete told FFCtv. "To start my new journey and meet my new team-mates, I simply can not wait.

"I heard of Fulham's interest and I was bowled over. Having spoken with people around me, I knew quickly I wanted to leave Lyon and join Fulham.

Amsterdam-born Tete, who has won 13 caps for Holland, began his career at Ajax before joining Lyon in 2017. He has previously been linked with Manchester United.

Tete helped Lyon reached the semi-finals of the 2019-20 Champions League and made the last of his 82 appearances for the club in the 4-1 win over Dijon a week ago.

Fulham sporting director Tony Khan said: "With the addition of Kenny, we've strengthened our squad to compete in the Premier League.

"He's a young player with great experience. I'm thrilled that he's joining us on a long contract.

I'm confident with his talent and his desire, he'll be a great asset for us now and in future."

The arrival of Tete is Fulham's second from France this week after the capture of PSG's Alphonse Areola.

Parker has his say on transfers

Scott Parker insists the final say on transfers is his. He's also suggested the club could yet do more deals before the window closes on October 5.

Fulham have now made six additions to their squad this transfer window. They include Anthony Knockaert and Harrison Reed who had been on loan at Craven Cottage last season. Former Chelsea wing-back Ola Aina is expected to be the next arrival.

"Like anything really we're looking to strengthen the squad. We're looking to strengthen certain positions. Hopefully we can get those over the line in the coming weeks really," Parker said.

When asked about other potential deals, he added: "We are hoping to do a few things, there is no set number. There are areas of the team we need to improve, areas we need to evolve. That's for their development and our development as a team. We need people coming in to improve us.

"This is the world we live in, part and parcel of football you want to progress. If you can bring people in that you think can make you better, then you will do that."

Parker calms spending fears

When Fulham were last promoted to the Premier League in 2018, they spent more than £100million in the summer window. That included the signings of Jean Michael Seri, Andre Schurrle and Alfie Mawson.

The west London club were relegated on April 2 the following year. Parker was named caretaker boss after the sacking of Claudio Ranieri in February 2019.

However, despite comparisons to 2018, Parker believes this year will be different.

When asked who makes the final decision in terms of transfers, Parker was adamant.

"Do I have the final say on what players come into the football club? 100 per cent," he said.

"Are we going to spend £100million this time? No. But I don't think that's the issue.

"The issue is bringing the right people to the football club who understand what's needed and who understand what we're going into and that's key for me."

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/fulham-impressive-transfer-holland-right-back-kenny-tete-scott-parker-vow

WhiteJC

Cottage Talk Season Preview With Fulham Legend Gordon Davies

Take a listen to a podcasst that focuses on Fulham Football Club.

This episode is a preview of the Fulham season and Fulham legend Gordon Davies joined us for the entire show.

You can also listen to the show by following this link...
https://cottagersconfidential.sbnation.com/2020/9/10/21431340/cottage-talk-season-preview-with-fulham-legend-gordon-davies

WhiteJC

Premier League snub EFL's plea for a share of Fulham's £34m parachute money to distribute to the lower divisions in another blow to cash-strapped clubs

Premier League rejected EFL's request for a share of Fulham's parachute money
    Fulham's second-year payment of £34m was defaulted back to Premier League 
    EFL wanted to keep that as part of a rescue package demanded by Government

The Premier League have rejected a request from the EFL for a share of Fulham's parachute money to distribute to the lower divisions in another blow to cash-strapped clubs.

Under the terms of the parachute payment system introduced in 2006, Fulham's second-year payment of £34million automatically defaulted back to the Premier League following their promotion in July after one season in the Championship, leaving the elite clubs with an unexpected windfall.

Sportsmail has learned that the EFL wanted to keep that pot as part of a rescue package that has been demanded by Government, a request that is yet to be granted. As it stands, that money will instead be shared by the 20 Premier League clubs.

The Premier League rejected a request from the EFL for a share of Fulham's parachute money

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden made it clear in June that the Government's endorsement of Project Restart that allowed last season to be finished was contingent on the Premier League providing financial support for the rest of the football pyramid, but three months later there is no sign of a bailout being agreed.

The Football League season kicks off on Friday evening with the Championship clash between Watford and Middlesbrough, before a full programme of fixtures takes place this weekend in League One and League Two — competitions which were curtailed last season because the clubs were unable to afford the Covid-19 testing programme demanded by the Government.

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said on Wednesday that conversations were continuing with the EFL board over a rescue package, but it is understood that the clubs are divided about the extent of any financial assistance they are willing to provide.

The Premier League has already lost £630m in broadcasting income over the last few months and total losses could reach £1.25billion if fans are unable to attend matches all season, a major financial hit which has led several top-flight clubs to implement significant redundancy and cost-cutting measures.

Many EFL clubs are fighting for survival however, as they have effectively been operating without income since last season was shut down in March, with their £119m-a-year television contract split between 72 clubs not providing the safety net of the Premier League's £3bn deal, which is divided among 20.

After losing £50m last season, the EFL have put the financial impact of completing an entire season without fans at £200m, a crippling loss that would put many clubs out of business unless a rescue package is provided.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden said in June that allowing Project Restart to go ahead was contingent on the Premier League providing financial support for the rest of the football pyramid

Premier League chief executive Richard Masters said on Wednesday that conversations were continuing with the EFL board over a rescue package

Negotiations with the Premier League have yielded little to date, so the EFL are looking at other funding options including a commercial loan, as Sportsmail revealed last month.

The Premier League have advanced around £77m to the EFL to help clubs with their cash shortfalls, but the lower-division sides have not received any extra funding, leading to fears they are simply storing up problems for later in the season.

'We are in conversation with our colleagues in the EFL,' Masters said. 'We can't put any time frame on it or go into any specifics at this stage.'

Negotiations with the Premier League have yielded little to date, so the EFL are looking at other funding options including a commercial loan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8720075/Premier-League-rejects-EFLs-request-share-Fulhams-34million-parachute-money.html