watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Parker has 100% last say on transfers

Started by FulhamStu, September 10, 2020, 06:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FulhamStu

There is an interview with Scott in 4-4-2 magazine which from the language used by Scott is
a direct transcript of what he said.  He re-iterated a lot of what we have heard since the play offs and I feel certainly is genuine.   One of the things that struck me was his insistence that he has the final say in all transfers.   Maybe those with better skills than me could post it here.

Baszab

Never used to be the case with previous managers v TK mathematical recommendations

Statto

Voters in Hong Kong have the 100% last say in their elections. They can elect any one of the candidates Beijing has chosen for them.

WindyCity

Quote from: Statto on September 10, 2020, 06:49:33 PM
Voters in Hong Kong have the 100% last say in their elections. They can elect any one of the candidates Beijing has chosen for them.

Haha...good one Statto

absenteeism

spot on

FulhamStu

It would not matter what anyone says I think your mind is made up.  If you are saying Parker is just playing up to his boss I think you are doing him a big disservice.   I like some of the things you post but honestly on this area I would like you to read the article and then comment.  Sorry by the way if you already have !

FulhamStu

Quote from: absenteeism on September 10, 2020, 06:52:07 PM
spot on

I guess I should have said, your minds are all made up !    Pity...

Statto

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 10, 2020, 06:55:44 PM

It would not matter what anyone says I think your mind is made up.  If you are saying Parker is just playing up to his boss I think you are doing him a big disservice.   I like some of the things you post but honestly on this area I would like you to read the article and then comment.  Sorry by the way if you already have !

No Stu. Actually I think you're the one whose preconceptions are getting the better of you. On two threads now you're jumping down my throat. I'm generally not critical of TK (these days), our recruitment framework or our transfers so far. So on the other thread I've said I'm happy with our transfers but they appear opportunistic rather than strategised. And on this thread i'm just pointing out that Parker saying he has the last word is just semantics and means sweet FA really. It's not some massive agenda against you or the club, just my observation or opinion.

And by the way, I looked for the article but couldn't find it on the 442 website, but I found another interciew where he's asked whether he has the last say and he says 'yes 100%'. So I assume that's it.

jayffc

Sorry Statto, Did you really just take a direct interview from Parker saying he has 100% final say on transfers and find a way to still maintain that he actually,in fact, doesnt... despite having no evidence to the contrary other than other similarly biased takes on the of the same sort of statements in the past. This transfer model has been layed out plenty of times before. (That it is a 3 way tick system and transfers are to be moved on based on reviews from stats, coaching and management all agreeing before going forward)

Its been clarified multiple times and , unless you're deliberately just being silly and making a joke here (whilst still not conceding that this is the truth) you still seem so eager to push a narrative that this isn't im fact the case...why? What is it that you are so resistant to in the face of multiple accounts that this is how our club runs transfers. Genuinely I don't get it...what have you got against Tony Khan that means you are alluding that he runs ship like some sort of oppressive state.

Did he turn down your application to don the spandex and become a wrestling star or something?

Lyle from Hangeland

Not the same. Parker can have 100% final say if that is the process the owner or DF has ordered. Before Xi Hong Kong did operate as a democratic city-state.

jayffc

might add I wrote my reply before seeing that someone else has noticed the same thing. Further solidifies that its a noticeable trend. I agree there is plenty you contribute to on this board, and I agree you have been better at times with this....but there is always a noticeable air or suggestion of some nefarious intention when it comes to talking about TK.

As I always say he's got some things very wrong and some things very right so I'm no fan boy, but I don't see the malicious or completely incompetent figure you are often seemingly very eager to paint him. Its the eagerness to do so I guess I'm confused by. But I suppose each to their own.

Not trying to get into anything personal, its just a common theme is all.

Statto

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 10, 2020, 07:08:47 PM

Not the same. Parker can have 100% final say if that is the process the owner or DF has ordered. Before Xi Hong Kong did operate as a democratic city-state.

So TK, rather than Parker, can choose we sign if that's what the owner or DF has ordered? Yes quite right. Don't disagree.

General

I can have 100% chance to vote but still be influenced by media.

When parker says that they're not ours and signed yet less than an hour or two before tete is announced it kinda gives off the impression parker doesn't know what's going on and he's just happy to pay lip service as long as he has a chat with the players first.

I imagine he has wanted players TK hasn't got and likely not wanted that TK has put in front of him

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on September 10, 2020, 07:02:48 PM

Sorry Statto, I am not trying to jump down anyone's throat, just having a debate with you, that what this forum is all about.   I said I like a lot of what you post.   Of course Tony Khan  is the boss, but Parker saying that he 100% has the last word mean to me, that if Tony presents him with a player and Scott does not feel

No Stu. Actually I think you're the one whose preconceptions are getting the better of you. On two threads now you're jumping down my throat. I'm generally not critical of TK (these days), our recruitment framework or our transfers so far. So on the other thread I've said I'm happy with our transfers but they appear opportunistic rather than strategised. And on this thread i'm just pointing out that Parker saying he has the last word is just semantics and means sweet FA really. It's not some massive agenda against you or the club, just my observation or opinion.

And by the way, I looked for the article but couldn't find it on the 442 website, but I found another interciew where he's asked whether he has the last say and he says 'yes 100%'. So I assume that's it.

Sorry Statto, didn't mean to jump down your throat, just having a debate with you.  I have said that I like a lot of your posts.    I just think that Scott saying to 100% has the final say is very significant and I suspect a big change in how transfers are decided.   I have no doubt that Tony Khan is in charge but maybe, just maybe he has delegated this final say to Scott.  Of course we don't know for sure on much which is why we debate it.   I think Tony Khan gets too much stick for many reasons and generally try and stick up for him, he is anything but perfect but I am extremely grateful we have the Khans supporting our club as they do

That went a bit wrong, see comments at the top.   So hopefully you accept my appols if you think I am jumping down your throat, didn't mean too.   I try and stick up for the Khans and TK as I think he gets too much stick for a variety of reasons.   He is anything but perfect however I think this statement from Scott is significant and maybe suggest Tony has delegated more than we realise which I think we would all support.

Statto

Quote from: jayffc on September 10, 2020, 07:10:56 PM
might add I wrote my reply before seeing that someone else has noticed the same thing. Further solidifies that its a noticeable trend. I agree there is plenty you contribute to on this board, and I agree you have been better at times with this....but there is always a noticeable air or suggestion of some nefarious intention when it comes to talking about TK.

As I always say he's got some things very wrong and some things very right so I'm no fan boy, but I don't see the malicious or completely incompetent figure you are often seemingly very eager to paint him. Its the eagerness to do so I guess I'm confused by. But I suppose each to their own.

With all due respect you seem to have totally missed my point here.

As indicated above, I'm generally positive about TK these days. This isn't about TK bashing. It's a simple, factual, logical and irrefutable observation that having the ability to choose from candidates proposed by another person doesn't really give you real control over a process.

We had the same discussion about Jokanovic when the club said he had "final say" and the outcome was the same then - some people can get their heads around it, others can't. If you can't then that's fine - we all have our personal limitations. But please don't let yours lead to you insulting me or dismissing my comments as something they're not.

mrmicawbers

As we are all aware now.Parker's are decent and the bad one's are TKs.

FulhamStu

Quote from: Statto on September 10, 2020, 07:16:49 PM
Quote from: jayffc on September 10, 2020, 07:10:56 PM

With all due respect you seem to have totally missed my point here.

As indicated above, I'm generally positive about TK these days. This isn't about TK bashing. It's a simple, factual, logical and irrefutable observation that having the ability to choose from candidates proposed by another person doesn't really give you real control over a process.

We had the same discussion about Jokanovic when the club said he had "final say" and the outcome was the same then - some people can get their heads around it, others can't. If you can't then that's fine - we all have our personal limitations. But please don't let yours lead to you insulting me or dismissing my comments as something they're not.

That is a fair point about Tony maybe only gives limited players for Scott to decide upon however my belief is that the recruitment team, meet very regularly and will discuss needs, what players to look at and target and that Scott is indeed involved in that process, it would make no sense if that were not the case.  The final say being Scott's is for me still very significant.

Twig

This is taken straight from the paywall article on another thread; Parker has developed an excellent working relationship with vice-chairman and director of football operations Tony Khan. Khan has full control over transfers but Parker has bought into the recruitment structure and they communicate regularly, with Parker far more engaged than the club's previous coaches.

Doesn't suggest to me he has 100% say.  Decent involvement - yes, 100% say - no.

Statto

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 10, 2020, 07:13:59 PM

Sorry Statto, I am not trying to jump down anyone's throat, just having a debate with you, that what this forum is all about.   I said I like a lot of what you post.   Of course Tony Khan  is the boss, but Parker saying that he 100% has the last word mean to me, that if Tony presents him with a player and Scott does not feel

Sorry Statto, didn't mean to jump down your throat, just having a debate with you.  I have said that I like a lot of your posts.    I just think that Scott saying to 100% has the final say is very significant and I suspect a big change in how transfers are decided.   I have no doubt that Tony Khan is in charge but maybe, just maybe he has delegated this final say to Scott.  Of course we don't know for sure on much which is why we debate it.   I think Tony Khan gets too much stick for many reasons and generally try and stick up for him, he is anything but perfect but I am extremely grateful we have the Khans supporting our club as they do

That went a bit wrong, see comments at the top.   So hopefully you accept my appols if you think I am jumping down your throat, didn't mean too.   I try and stick up for the Khans and TK as I think he gets too much stick for a variety of reasons.   He is anything but perfect however I think this statement from Scott is significant and maybe suggest Tony has delegated more than we realise which I think we would all support.

Yep good post. FWIW you're one of my favourite posters believe it or not. Your OP above is interesting and reasonable, although obviously I can't say I agree entirely for the reasons discussed above. Apologies if my tone sounded confrontational on either thread.

082.gif

Tabby

Quote from: mrmicawbers on September 10, 2020, 07:20:40 PM
As we are all aware now.Parker's are decent and the bad one's are TKs.

As is tradition. When Areola was signed people started going on about how it is a typical Tony Khan signing and how Raiola had him hoodwinked. Parker calling Areola every day for 10 days straight like a lovestruck schoolgirl to get him to sign undermines the theory that Parker was forced though.