watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ready for the new season

Started by cmg, September 11, 2020, 12:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg

After an enormous overtime effort, the new Riverside Stand has been completed ahead of schedule for the start of the new season.
Slight changes in the original plans have delivered a popular 'Retro'-look.
A tanker load of Bovril can be seen coming up the Thames.
Management are debating whether to invest in a full set of PL flags for the new season.

Fernhurst

Ahhhh, that's a lovely pic.
Wonderful memories of my youth.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Mince n Tatties

rebel

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 11, 2020, 12:48:56 PM
Ahhhh, that's a lovely pic.
Wonderful memories of my youth.

Do you remember the last ice age? was it cold?

SP

Although I'm a Riversider, I prefere this, what a way to watch FFC.

Cambridge Pete

Thanks for the photo. Evocative of the old days. Some great memories, Leggat's hat trick against Ipswich on tat far off Boxing Day. When he scored his second I was shouting now a hat trick until an "elderly gentleeman" standing behind me informed me that he had just got it and I missed his second as I was still celebrating his first. Oops

gang

Nostalgia, brilliant memories, used to stand at the point the photo ends on the right.

JimOG

Quote from: Cambridge Pete on September 11, 2020, 01:40:08 PM
Thanks for the photo. Evocative of the old days. Some great memories, Leggat's hat trick against Ipswich on tat far off Boxing Day. When he scored his second I was shouting now a hat trick until an "elderly gentleeman" standing behind me informed me that he had just got it and I missed his second as I was still celebrating his first. Oops

As it curled over Roy Bailey's head into the top corner....10-1   mind you we lost 2-4 48 hours later...Fulhamish...wouldn't have it any other way

bog

Great memories stirred. Whatever happened to those Bovril signs?

092.gif 

filham

Memories come flooding back.
Always a problem in those days whether or not to change from Putney to Hammy end at half time in order to be closer to the goals we may score.

cmg

On the subject of flags, an idle thought entered my head:
If we kept the old ones, how many new ones would we have to buy?

I was quite surprised at the answer. (NB there are 2 fewer teams in the PL than there were in Div 1 1968).