watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Post Match Thread: Fulham 0-3 Arsenal

Started by Milo, September 12, 2020, 02:21:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nero

No more Odoi please. Hes a liability at this level.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: absenteeism on September 12, 2020, 02:30:02 PM
Positives from the game:

Not sure there is any.

Negatives:
Big Hec? More like Flipping Hec. Horrible today. Looked overawed and constantly smiling after mistakes. Could have picked up a second yellow. Worse than Ream.

2 very soft goals and the third goal is good but the whole back line is out of position.

Offered nothing going forward.

We are not going to survive when the core of the team is Cairney, Reed, Hec and Ream.

Bobby Reid taking a shot from the halfway line that dribbles out sums up our day and him as a player

This post is both gold and accurate lol

FFC In Oz

In no particular order:

* I'm glad we lost like this because I hope it has taught Parker that this side is NOT good enough to compete in the Premiership
* Moving the ball sideways and backwards in the Premiership doesn't cut it.  It just allows the opposition time to set up and organise behind the ball and we cannot create any chances, we need to be direct.  Several times in the first half, Kebano burnt Odoi by not passing to him on the overlap and just going backwards again.
* Conversely, we are NOT good enough to play out from the back in this league, we don't have the same time on the ball.
* Mitro needs support.  Kamara is not the answer.
*  We have about 5-6 players who would not start for any other Premiership side (Odoi, Ream, Hector, Kamara, BDR, Kebano - I only exclude Cav from this because he has played in the Prem for another side).

On the flip side, I thought Anguissa provided something different when he came on.  He had a certain dynamism and energy with and without the ball.  Perhaps even more impressively, he looked to play the ball forward at times as well. 

I think we've learned that Cairney CANNOT play the deep lying role in the Prem.  He needs to be further up the pitch in support of Mitro.

davew

Afraid so, didn´t see any positives today and I did watch the match!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

..FOF..

Quote from: Dodgin on September 12, 2020, 02:32:11 PM
Think will be seeing the new signings quite soon.

Areola will probably be given the chance next.

The rest still have about 2 weeks to redeem their Promotion effort's free pass.

ron

A heartbreaker to concede immediately after half time. It seems to happen so often, and it killed any hopes for the second half.

An unopposed header (or shoulder) as well.

Bassey the warrior

Decent first half but fell apart second half. Only players that looked decent were the two subs Anguissa and Mitro, who incidently I was calling for. Parker must've seen my message.

Much work needed and we really need a cb.

On a side note, I don't get why Mitro didn't start? He looked great. Didn't he play for Serbia?

KilianG

It happened what it had to, being really optimistic, we were looking at a 1-1 result as a really positive result, we have a hole in our defence called Ream and if we don't patch it, this will happen all the season, so 0-3 is not that unexpected against Arsenal

Sting of the North

Ok game. Good reminder that players like Reed and Hector is not necessarily part of a decent spine at this level. Odoi, Cairney and Ream our three best players.

If we keep grinding and trying to play our game, we will get points from lesser teams than Arsenal.

davew

Anguiss looked our best player, we will probably sell him now.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

grandad

Of todays team the only ones to feature in the game vs Leeds are Hector Cairney, in spite of their poor games, Reed, Mitro, Zambo, & Onomah. GK is a toss up. Tete, Robinson, Aina & possibly Knockaert to come in.
Where there's a will there's a wife

rebel

The first goal we had two attempts to clear it, it was a bit like Dad's Army, 'don't panic, don't panic' and they did. All three goals were self inflicted one way or another.

We returned to type, passing for passings sake, but only a few where it counts, but no bodies in the box to finish them off.

Everything was slow, relentless passing allows the opposition to re-group. Everything that we talked about on this forum. 'Forget the good, it was just bad and ugly'.     

There's a lot more, but all the same frailties.   

hongkongfulham

everyone looked nervy, but our season wont be defined by these games. It's the Burnleys, leeds, WBAs where we need to win. Anguissa had a great cameo, and mitro will cause people trouble. I hope this spurs on training this week.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: FFC In Oz on September 12, 2020, 02:32:42 PM
In no particular order:

* I'm glad we lost like this because I hope it has taught Parker that this side is NOT good enough to compete in the Premiership
* Moving the ball sideways and backwards in the Premiership doesn't cut it.  It just allows the opposition time to set up and organise behind the ball and we cannot create any chances, we need to be direct.  Several times in the first half, Kebano burnt Odoi by not passing to him on the overlap and just going backwards again.
* Conversely, we are NOT good enough to play out from the back in this league, we don't have the same time on the ball.
*  We have about 5-6 players who would not start for any other Premiership side (Odoi, Ream, Hector, Kamara, BDR, Kebano - I only exclude Cav from this because he has played in the Prem for another side).

On the flip side, I thought Anguissa provided something different when he came on.  He had a certain dynamism and energy with and without the ball.  Perhaps even more impressively, he looked to play the ball forward at times as well. 

I think we've learned that Cairney CANNOT play the deep lying role in the Prem.  He needs to be further up the pitch in support of Mitro.

For me we should drop Cairney for Anguissa and Cavaleiro/AK for Mitro. Need another winger and cb.

I suppose Areola will come in but I don't lay too much blame on Rodak, apart from the 2nd goal that went through his legs.

KilianG

Quote from: Nero on September 12, 2020, 02:32:28 PM
No more Odoi please. Hes a liability at this level.

I hope Aina and Tete are playing the next match instead of Odoi

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on September 12, 2020, 02:34:50 PM
Of todays team the only ones to feature in the game vs Leeds are Hector Cairney, in spite of their poor games, Reed, Mitro, Zambo, & Onomah. GK is a toss up. Tete, Robinson, Aina & possibly Knockaert to come in.
thought josh was poor I'd drop him for lemina
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

..FOF..

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 12, 2020, 02:36:06 PM
In no particular order:

For me we should drop Cairney for Anguissa and Cavaleiro/AK for Mitro. Need another winger and cb.

I suppose Areola will come in but I don't lay too much blame on Rodak, apart from the 2nd goal that went through his legs.

It is all business and I'm sure Rodak will understand.

I mean, it happened to Betts... they are going to test the right keeper in actual matches soon.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: davew on September 12, 2020, 02:28:33 PM
Wish we had stayed in the Championship, only 37 more games to lose! (lol)

Get a grip Dave,we will bounce back with a 4-0 win at Leeds...🤗🤗🤗🤗

FFC In Oz

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 12, 2020, 02:36:06 PM
In no particular order:

I think Anguissa should start over Cairney too - but can't see it happening due to the armband that Cairney wears.

I think Mitro comes in for Kamara, and I would like to see Knockaert in for Kebano.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: grandad on September 12, 2020, 02:34:50 PM

Agreed...except I don't think Rodak loses his spot.

I also expect us to buy a defender and an attacking player this week.   Someone who can stretch opposing back lines (better than AK47) and still play the ball well with others.