Previous topic - Next topic

Milo

Bad start..

What are everyone's thoughts?

Denzil Dexter

CBs URGENTLY REQUIRED!!!!

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

FinFFC

We have no idea how to go forward as a team. Our front 4 was only standing still when the defenders or Reed/Cairney had the ball in their feet.

Better when Zambo and Mitro came in, but still lot of room for imporvment. Worrying signs with Hector, is he simply too slow to PL?

Sgt Fulham

Only at Fulham is losing 3-0 to Arsenal considered a decent performance. Genuinely found that game a bit upsetting because of the performance rather than the scoreline.

SP

Caedal

We need to play our best players, and not just players that played last season.

A CB is urgently required, and we need to find something going forward as we're not creating much, like last season

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on September 12, 2020, 02:26:05 PM
Only at Fulham is losing 3-0 to Arsenal considered a decent performance.

Currently Arsenal are the most on form team in the EPL and their attack is as deadly as Liverpool and City's.

We didn't do anything to break down their defense though. 

Quote from: SP on September 12, 2020, 02:26:11 PM
I liked the new kit...

Agreed.

We are going to lose games this season.   We need to beat the teams on our level.   Time to move to the next game.

Need a winger and a CB.

VamosFFC

Ream > Hector today....Hector had a horrible game today!

We definitely need to get a quality CB in, but for all the Ream bashers, he actually had quite a good game. Maybe not the defense collectively, but Ream himself I thought looked good.

Southcoastffc

2 individual errors, one from each CB.  Hector's particularly inexcusable, just not jumping (unless he got a call from Rodak). Tough to come back from that.  The 3rd was a classic sucker punch, drawing us forward then like a hot knife through butter.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

..FOF..

We should park the bus.

It is a credible top flight tactic. Ask Mourinho.

davew

Wish we had stayed in the Championship, only 37 more games to lose! (lol)
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

mattFFC

If we don't bring in a TOP quality CB and a quality winger we're going straight back down.

We have a decent midfield and our manager at least understands this league well, but without reinforcements that strengthen the first 11 we're buggered.

LittleErn

Can't speak for everyone, but it's one goal worse than I had expected. However, it shows Parker what is now required and we have some new boys in reserve to try out. Still need some more! (Especially at centre back by the sound of it.)

Denver Fulham

Aside from his early mistake, Ream played OK. Hector had a mare in the second half. Reed and Bryan played OK. Shrugs. We'll see what happens when the new guys get integrated and we buy at least two more players.

fulhamben

Same old same old. We played a defence who wasn't great last season against arsenal. And predictably they got torn  apart.  We offered next to nothing going forwards and lost the midfield battle. Really struggling to see any positive from that. Anguissa looks like a big upgrade, and mitro looked a handful when on, but other than that,I've got nothing. All this not upsetting the squad crap will get us relegated. We need good players in the first 11 now. I want two center backs to come in, I want better wide players as cav knockaert Reid kebano and kamara are not prem quality.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

absenteeism

Positives from the game:

Not sure there is any.

Negatives:
Big Hec? More like Flipping Hec. Horrible today. Looked overawed and constantly smiling after mistakes. Could have picked up a second yellow. Worse than Ream.

2 very soft goals and the third goal is good but the whole back line is out of position.

Offered nothing going forward.

We are not going to survive when the core of the team is Cairney, Reed, Hec and Ream.

Bobby Reid taking a shot from the halfway line that dribbles out sums up our day and him as a player

Deeping_white

Midfield was okay with Zambo on, not sure we should be using Cairney at this level because he can't dictate play in this league and that's his main strength. Mitro helped when he was on. CB's were both crap, Odoi will be benched for Tete and thankfully so because that retreat away from Aubameyang was pathetic.

Long story short we probably need to spend well on 2 CB's and a creative winger because we looked a bit lost around their box as well as centrally in our defence, although admittedly that Arsenal team looks quite good. Next two games against similar opposition are vital

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: davew on September 12, 2020, 02:28:33 PM
Wish we had stayed in the Championship, only 37 more games to lose! (lol)

Are you being serious?

itombomb

For the third goal it will be interesting to see what Parker says. Hector kept on following Lacazette, either he's freelancing, or more realistically that is what he was told to do. The problem is the team has to move with him - he actually won the ball but no one was there to win the second ball and then Willian was off.

We weren't horrendous, but clear you can't afford to make those mistakes in this league, and a couple of players are very prone to regular mistakes.

Also evident we need a bit more individual quality going forward. Mitro and Anguissa made a difference (Josh went missing in the second half I thought). As much as I do like Reed, at this level he's a passenger in the attacking game.

Dodgin

Think will be seeing the new signings quite soon.