1 (0.7%)
Zambo Anguissa
39 (28.1%)
Bobby DeCordova-Reid
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 138

Voting closed: September 14, 2020, 02:27:53 PM

Mickeyboro

This says a lot. It's going to be a long hard season....

rebel

Quote from: Mickeyboro on September 16, 2020, 07:31:24 AM
This says a lot. It's going to be a long hard season....

Anguissa is a quality player, no doubt about that, Parker needs to get the 'winning formula' together and get the team to put in solid performances which will win games. The trying to win by 1 goal and defend for your lives just won't work, 'you have to be lucky too'.

Enfield

Anguissa MOM is nonsense, won't track back stands and watches.
Can't believe how some people view a match. 

fulhamben

Quote from: Enfield on September 16, 2020, 08:38:21 AM
who was your man of the match then
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

@jolslover

I'd say your definitely in the minority with that opinion... but can tell your mind is already made up on Anguissa. If a new signing played the same you would no doubt say that they came on and made a positive impact
STH H3

howitis

Quote from: Arthur on September 12, 2020, 07:22:47 PM
Anguissa looked confident on the ball but, just as two seasons ago, out of possession, I thought he lacked the diligence we require of players to track the opponent he should be marking.

On a day when no player excelled, for me, it's between Odoi, Bryan and Cairney and I've voted for our captain.

Spot on - out of possession Anguissa will never cut it in the Prem. Has undoubted quality but out of possession he doesn't see danger and doesn't have the desire to get back or track. Great example in the game where he just froze on the edge of our box and didn't see the runner behind him.

Hey i am not saying he is not a great footballer but sadly he doesn't do enough going forward or in defence to warrant a place in a team who will be fighting relegation.

@jolslover

Quote from: howitis on September 16, 2020, 09:07:07 AM
Anguissa looked confident on the ball but, just as two seasons ago, out of possession, I thought he lacked the diligence we require of players to track the opponent he should be marking.

On a day when no player excelled, for me, it's between Odoi, Bryan and Cairney and I've voted for our captain.

Spot on - out of possession Anguissa will never cut it in the Prem. Has undoubted quality but out of possession he doesn't see danger and doesn't have the desire to get back or track. Great example in the game where he just froze on the edge of our box and didn't see the runner behind him.

Hey i am not saying he is not a great footballer but sadly he doesn't do enough going forward or in defence to warrant a place in a team who will be fighting relegation.

Then neither do any of our midfielders, if we are deciding Anguissa doesn't do enough then neither does anyone on our team who played Saturday
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on September 16, 2020, 09:09:37 AM

Then neither do any of our midfielders, if we are deciding Anguissa doesn't do enough then neither does anyone on our team and it's gonna be a long season
was thinking exactly that. we conceded 3 whilst scoring zero and created next to nothing, so what was our midfield doing exactly? they certainly wernt helping the defence or attack

Sting of the North

Definitely. The subjective opinion of the majority is nonsense, because your subjective opinion is the truth. Or maybe it is possible to respect the view of the majority while still presenting your own opinion.

I can somewhat see where you are coming from, because there are so many instances where I cannot believe how people watch a game, or how someone can see something so differently. I often wonder how it is possible to reach so different conclusions, to the point that I can sometimes question if the other person has ever watched or played football before. However, one should always consider that it is possible that you are the one that is wrong, or even more likely that no one is wrong, because the subjective valuation of various actions differ between persons.

There are also too many things, big and small, going on in a football match, and no one will be able to catch them all. For instance, to me it seem like you are completely hung up on 1 or 2 short sequences of play regarding Anguissa, while ignoring the rest. I may be wrong on that one, but that is how you come off in your post. It is fair to assume that many other posters have put more emphasis on other aspects of Anguissa's performance. 

In my opinion that is.

Sting of the North

It is one thing judging a specific performance of a player, but to use that one performance to rule him out for eternity seem like a very knee jerk thing to do. Anguissa has been away for a year and according to all available sources performed really well. As such, I believe it would be prudent to give him a real chance now, instead of making your mind up after one sub appearance (although I suspect strongly that you made your mind up long before the game, but I can't know that).

rebel

Anguissa isn't the 'complete' player, he has much to learn, no doubt Parker and the coaching staff will improve him as a player. They've done that with Omonah.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: rebel on September 16, 2020, 12:10:00 PM
Anguissa isn't the 'complete' player, he has much to learn, no doubt Parker and the coaching staff will improve him as a player. They've done that with Omonah.

Only role that i think he can play atm is attacking central mid, with two MC/DMC behind him to make up for his lack of defensive awareness/effort. so it's him or Onomah, never both atm. IMO

Nero

Denis the Salmon in second place, people slating Ream but loving the Denis, look at him for the first goal misses a header allowing the arsenal player time on the ball to turn and pick his pass that leads to Reams error, but denis is a the best player on the picth for some of you   :doh:

bencher

People do seem to be hyper sensitive to any perceived faults in Anguissa, and the only reasonable explanation I can think of is that he is judged for his price tag. If he had been a youth product or bought for £2.5m there is no way people would only focus on his faults. Like any player, there are things he is better at, and things he is worse at. He should be judged on his merits alone, as the price tag was nothing to do with him. My view is that he offers something different and with the right players around him could take our midfield to the next level.

rebel

Anguissa had his best matches for us against Man City in our relegation season. 3 managers in a season didn't help him to settle. Hopefully Parker can help him to settle.

Matt10

Think Anguissa is definitely needing to start. Not sure over who though. I personally chose Cairney for MOTM. Cairney led the entire match in passing accuracy and the team in number of passes. Everything went through him. Unfortunately, we just don't do enough off the ball for him other than show square. I know that's a Parker tactic in the attacking third, in which we'll either get wide for crosses, or we'll recycle back to Ream/Hector to allow our central mids to push up higher. In our 20+ passing sequence, it was a letdown with Kamara fouling the Arsenal defender instead of us getting on the end of Odoi's cross. I would have picked Odoi for his attacking, but not really defensively as he gave Aubameyang too much time in their 3rd goal. I don't agree it was his fault for missing the header on the first, if you watch the replay he was nudged in the back slightly by Aubameyang.

fulhamben

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 16, 2020, 12:30:08 PM

Only role that i think he can play atm is attacking central mid, with two MC/DMC behind him to make up for his lack of defensive awareness/effort. so it's him or Onomah, never both atm. IMO
so what do we do with Cairney reed and josh then. As we conceded 3 goals with them on the pitch whilst it was 0 0 when zambo played. What roles can we give josh Cairney and reed, because it's certainly not the roles they had against arsenal, because none of them do their defensive duties well enough

Matt10

Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 01:53:24 PM

so what do we do with Cairney reed and josh then. As we conceded 3 goals with them on the pitch whilst it was 0 0 when zambo played. What roles can we give josh Cairney and reed, because it's certainly not the roles they had against arsenal, because none of them do their defensive duties well enough

Looking at the last 30 minutes, we stayed in our 4-2-3-1, but Reed and Zambo were in the 2, while Onomah was pushed out wide right and Cairney behind Mitro. This actually empowered Anguissa to take more attacking roles because how they could now play off Cairney, who could maintain possession and distribute in more advanced roles. So it looked like this:

Rodak

Odoi     Hector    Ream     Bryan

Reed      Anguissa

Onomah   Cairney  Cavaleiro

Mitro

Onomah and Cav would switch sides, and TC would stick/twist with Anguissa when we built from the back.

To me this had a lot of potential, and I'd be curious how the new boys fit in, especially Lemina - who I am really looking forward to.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 01:53:24 PM

Onomah/Anguissa to alternate in front of two out of Reed/Cairney/Lemina - think we are after Luis so that he can be added to the Reed/Cairney/Lemina group - Seri and Johansen to leave and McD stay as the last resort squad player.