watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Leeds

Started by ex-Pat, September 13, 2020, 05:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbo

Im with you rebel . i wish i could be a bit more positive but we do struggle to score .

i dont need any thats the spirit comments either just because we' re voicing an opinion doesnt mean we're giving up our our beloved club.
its just what we think about what we saw yesterday .

i actually thought we gave a good account of ourselves , there were times when they couldnt get the ball off us like when we couldnt get it off them .

despite their 8th finish last season arsenal are still a top 6 club and it was allways gonna be a tough first game .

i rarely respond to controversial topics on here and will not respond to any sarcastic or sniping remarks.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

colinwhite

Also agree that we struggle to create chances and that we didnt score enough even last season . But to leap from that to we only played well twice last season is nonsense,and a comment deserving of getting criticism . Rebel ,nothing personal but no numbers are ever going to back up a comment like that. Football is a bit more complicated than that. Emotional over the top  comments on the spur of the moment is something we all do. Please dont then try to justify it by throwing out a numbers argument because all that does is dig an even deeper hole . Nothing personal and like you , I hope we can sort out our attacking issues,because offensively we were miles off what is need to win games in this division. Our unwillingnes to Counter fullout and take players on when we got out wide in one- one situations was worrying.

rebel

Quote from: bobbo on September 13, 2020, 10:59:33 AM
Im with you rebel . i wish i could be a bit more positive but we do struggle to score .

i dont need any thats the spirit comments either just because we' re voicing an opinion doesnt mean we're giving up our our beloved club.
its just what we think about what we saw yesterday .

i actually thought we gave a good account of ourselves , there were times when they couldnt get the ball off us like when we couldnt get it off them .

despite their 8th finish last season arsenal are still a top 6 club and it was allways gonna be a tough first game .

i rarely respond to controversial topics on here and will not respond to any sarcastic or sniping remarks.

Thanks.

Arthur

toshes mate,

Good post.

I was intending to write something similar, but your assessment exceeds anything I might have written.

I hope this passage, especially, might serve as an antidote for those who have had a particularly negative reaction to yesterday's result:

Quote from: toshes mate on September 13, 2020, 09:26:51 AM
Last season we had scares against teams much less illustrious than Arsenal.   We often panicked against players in an altogether different class to the PL.   Fortunately over the whole season our better moments just about held sway over the stuff we'd rather forget.

rebel

Quote from: colinwhite on September 13, 2020, 11:09:37 AM
Also agree that we struggle to create chances and that we didnt score enough even last season . But to leap from that to we only played well twice last season is nonsense,and a comment deserving of getting criticism . Rebel ,nothing personal but no numbers are ever going to back up a comment like that. Football is a bit more complicated than that. Emotional over the top  comments on the spur of the moment is something we all do. Please dont then try to justify it by throwing out a numbers argument because all that does is dig an even deeper hole . Nothing personal and like you , I hope we can sort out our attacking issues,because offensively we were miles off what is need to win games in this division. Our unwillingnes to Counter fullout and take players on when we got out wide in one- one situations was worrying.

No disrepect, but I didn't say we didn't play well in other matches last season, we did in patches, but there were only two performances of any merit. Millwall and against Brentford. But the stats don't lie, last season we had so much of the ball in the opposition half, but were 4th position, the least number of chances created, with arguably the best squad in the Championship.  I agree we are already in a deeper whole, we are doing what we did in the Championship in the Prem, it simply won't work. Do you want to join my fan club?, you get a discount. 

Stevieboy

They won 3-0 last season but even their manager said it  should have been us that won 3-0!!

Lyle from Hangeland

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: rebel on September 13, 2020, 07:57:23 AM
If we play the same 'predictable' football, no variation or tempo in our game, then we will not win.
I agree ...if we don't start with Mitro up top, we don't bring in a faster, stronger attacking wide option and we allow Leeds to run us off the pitch like they did the last time we played them.

They are going to attempt to get behind our FBs when they are high up the pitch and I worry that Ream and Hector won't have the pace to cover.

We're still going to win an ugly game.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Artful Dodger

Lets wait to see what team we put out next week. We could arguably have Mitro, Anguissa, Lemina, Tete, Aina and Areola starting and that is a very different proposition to what we saw against Arsenal.

What is true though is that we will be judged against Leeds and Villa in the next 2 weeks so need 2 strong performances to provide a bit of confidence to the squad and some reality to the critics.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Bryanthebroom

Thought the MOTD analysis on our pressing without the ball was interesting: plenty of effort, just needs a bit more time and training ground practice to press as a team.

I think if we do that, and Reed has a good game against Kalvin Phillips, we've got a good chance of winning.

HamsterWheel

Leeds had 6 chances against Liverpool who had 22. Scoreline flattered Leeds.
Bookies reckon Fulham have little chance - you get can get  better than 5-1 on a Fulham win. Tempting....

And for all that chat of Leeds competing for a Top 6 position - they're still 4-1 to be relegated (OK, Fulham are odds on fave!).

RaySmith

I think it ill be a close, hard fought game.
Hopefully, we will come away with a result.

The Rock

I think we will do a touch better than our last meeting. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51828946

They were a bit fortunate.

Thus I predict 2-1 to Leeds.

filham

Quote from: The Rock on September 14, 2020, 05:46:05 PM
I think we will do a touch better than our last meeting. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51828946

Could be right but only if Mitro is fit and good for 90 minutes in order to score that single goal.

Tempest

Id take a draw at Leeds but 3 points against villa is imperative. 

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

AnOldBrownie

If by fortunate you mean they ran at our defense with pace in the second half and we looked shambolic trying to adjust ...I agree.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

SP

Quote from: filham on September 14, 2020, 06:50:45 PM

Could be right but only if Mitro is fit and good for 90 minutes in order to score that single goal.

I'm hoping Josh will pop up with the winner again.

Woolly Mammoth

If I was instructed that I had to place a Pony on either a win draw or loss. I would definitely place the £25 quid on a hard fought draw which could have gone either way.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

MickyAdamsFamily

You do realize that Liverpool had 22 shots, and Leeds had 6, right? Also Leeds did not have a single corner in the entire game (and 'pool had 9)...
I agree that Leeds made a good show of it, certainly better than we did, but this idea that they are world beaters that were unlucky to lose?

ex-Pat

Quote from: MickeyAdamsFamily on September 15, 2020, 02:54:42 AM
You do realize that Liverpool had 22 shots, and Leeds had 6, right? Also Leeds did not have a single corner in the entire game (and 'pool had 9)...
I agree that Leeds made a good show of it, certainly better than we did, but this idea that they are world beaters that were unlucky to lose?

Nah not world beaters,but they will beat us..