watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Todays match

Started by Nightwind15, September 13, 2020, 03:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightwind15

We lost.  There were moments of quality but we are missing a couple of key ingredients.  A strong central defender and a true number 9.  I also watched Lees vs Liverpool.  Leeds gave Liverpool all they wanted and more.  We have to spend some money or we will be back down at the end of the season.
I played in the first match I ever saw!

Andyb

I didn't think we played that bad tbh. One of there goals scrapy/poor touch ream, 2nd lucky off shoulder. Only 3rd was pure quality. Apart from that they didn't have too many chances. Arsenal front 3 probably one of best in league. Keep the faith!!

Jamie88

Quote from: Andyb on September 13, 2020, 07:25:21 AM
I didn't think we played that bad tbh. One of there goals scrapy/poor touch ream, 2nd lucky off shoulder. Only 3rd was pure quality. Apart from that they didn't have too many chances. Arsenal front 3 probably one of best in league. Keep the faith!!

I'm not sure you can say their second goal was 'lucky'. It was the fact no one challenged Gabriel that gave them the goal. It may as well bounced off his backside Hector made no attempt to win the ball

rebel

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 13, 2020, 07:39:44 AM
Quote from: Andyb on September 13, 2020, 07:25:21 AM

I'm not sure you can say their second goal was 'lucky'. It was the fact no one challenged Gabriel that gave them the goal. It may as well bounced off his backside Hector made no attempt to win the ball

The second and third goals were result of errors. For the second Hector was behind Gabriel, for the third the defender should and could have dealt with it.

grandad

All 3 goals were preventable. The 1st was a fly hack by Ream that caused a ping pong ball which was tapped in. The 2nd was Hector was caught on the wrong side of Gabriel. Also Rodak was blocked off by his own players & was unable to get to the ball. No GK should fail to deal with a cross into the 6 yard box. The 3rd was giving Aub far too much space Odoi was inside our pen area when the player received the cross. No one tracked back to stop Aub cutting inside to score what was one of his trademark goals.
Three basic errors cost 3 goals.
I don´t think we will see this line up again. I hope not.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Worcesterwhite

Quote from: grandad on September 13, 2020, 09:19:16 AM
All 3 goals were preventable. The 1st was a fly hack by Ream that caused a ping pong ball which was tapped in. The 2nd was Hector was caught on the wrong side of Gabriel. Also Rodak was blocked off by his own players & was unable to get to the ball. No GK should fail to deal with a cross into the 6 yard box. The 3rd was giving Aub far too much space Odoi was inside our pen area when the player received the cross. No one tracked back to stop Aub cutting inside to score what was one of his trademark goals.
We made the 3rd goal look a lot better than what it was, if you let a player the quality of Aubamayang dribble into the box un challenged you will get punished, Odoi just backs off and backs off, we saw this on numerous occasions the last time we were in the PL, lucky enough we have addressed this and that will be the last time he plays at RB. On another hand I thought Bryan defended pretty well and actually engaged with the opposing attacker

absenteeism

We play far too deep.

Rodak and the lot passing it around in the 6 yard box is stupidity or arrogance.

Parker has talked about evolving with new players coming in. I did not see evolution from him or his coaching staff in terms of tactics

JoelH5

Are we forgetting Rodak's pointblank save? The freekick the hit the post? The Hector header off the line? It could easily have been 6-0. We need a CB now. It doesn't matter if we have to pay over the odds. Sign a CB or we're down
I was there, standing in the Putney end

rebel

Agree 100%

rebel

Quote from: Worcesterwhite on September 13, 2020, 09:48:33 AM
We made the 3rd goal look a lot better than what it was, if you let a player the quality of Aubamayang dribble into the box un challenged you will get punished, Odoi just backs off and backs off, we saw this on numerous occasions the last time we were in the PL, lucky enough we have addressed this and that will be the last time he plays at RB. On another hand I thought Bryan defended pretty well and actually engaged with the opposing attacker

Agree 100%, it should have been dealt with the opportunity was there.

rebel

Quote from: JoelH5 on September 13, 2020, 09:57:15 AM
Are we forgetting Rodak's pointblank save? The freekick the hit the post? The Hector header off the line? It could easily have been 6-0. We need a CB now. It doesn't matter if we have to pay over the odds. Sign a CB or we're down

Agree.

Nightwind15

If you ready the initial post it really summed it up. 
I played in the first match I ever saw!