News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you trade Seri for Ryan Babel now? I would.

Started by AnOldBrownie, September 12, 2020, 02:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

I'm not saying we shouldn't shoot for a better attacking player than Ryan, but if Seri's team from last year want him I see no reason not to let them have him and get an attacking player back.    Our attack was bad last season and it looks to currently be just as poor, and we're going to be facing better defenses.

We've seen that, yes..two years ago, Ryan Babel can work with Mitro.

I'm still waiting to see if Cav and Knock can work with Mitro.

Bassey the warrior

Do we know how good Babel is now? He's 33.

Based on his agent, I expect Seri will leave. Hopefully it's a sale not a loan. I'd like to see the money spent on a cb.

fulhamben

No but we do need a decent wide player to come in.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

AnOldBrownie

Ryan Babel of two years ago was imo a better EPL player than Cav and Knock two years ago.   Yes, he's older...but he plays ball in the final third much better than either of those players and he was at the time top speed faster than both of them.   His hold up play is also better than theirs.

imo he's more value at this level than either of those two players...and if all he'd cost us is Seri I don't see why we wouldn't bring him in, and loan out either Cav or Knock.

@jolslover

No, we could prboably get close to 15m for Seri
Babel is probably worth about 2m/3m
It would be a terrible deal financially
STH H3

absenteeism

Thought Babel signed a new deal?

No I wouldn't by the way.

ChesterTheTabby

Big no for Babel, I'd rather get the lad from Benfica or someone younger with longevity.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: @jolslover on September 12, 2020, 02:44:56 PM

Well, he's not going to get any minutes with us, so hopefully you're right.   Inter probably won't spend that on him...and I doubt Gala will either.  So he'll sit on our bench...or go out on loan for about 2 million.

simplyfulham

I think Babel would be a good move.

A lot of people point out Babel's age as a negative but I feel that's an over simplified view of him and misses out key qualities he brings.

He's versatile and can play all across the front 3 - he could probably play as a number 10 for us if we wanted him to as he's an intelligent player who's also very technical.

when he came to us he was one of the quickest in the side. To be in the physical state he was in he has to be an exceptional trainer and a professional. When teams come up, one of the biggest changes is how to raise the standards day in day out among the squad. Signing players like Babel who understand the game at the top level and train well and can potentially set the standards and help other players behind the what we see on a Saturday afternoon could be massive for us.

simplyfulham

Quote from: @jolslover on September 12, 2020, 02:44:56 PM

Who will pay 15m for Seri?

FFCFOREVER

All day long. Yes please. Regardless of age , Babel is a prem finisher. Could have done with him today tbh.

Enigma

Going forward when chasing games we'll be bringing on Bobby Reid and Kamara. Is Babel better than them? Yes.

As a starter would Ryan Babel contribute more to the team than Seri? Yes.

filham

When Babel last played for us, about eighteen months ago, he was good and better than our present wide players.
We don't know if he is as good as he was .
Surely there are other players available that are younger and as good that we can persuade to join us.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: filham on September 12, 2020, 10:07:43 PM
When Babel last played for us, about eighteen months ago, he was good and better than our present wide players.
We don't know if he is as good as he was .
Surely there are other players available that are younger and as good that we can persuade to join us.

Well if it is surely, of course.    Where are they though?   Saying we're in for Joshua King is nice and all, but we need him now.   

Sure, I'd rather have Sarr...or Grant on loan...but where are they?   If we are to believe anything, Gala want Seri.   We aren't going to use Seri.    Scott Parker would give Babel the opportunity to start if he plays well in practice.

Seems like an easy swap for both teams.

And I'd still want us to bring in another attacker.

Less than a year ago Babel was still fast and strong.   He can also play on either wing and as a striker.

rebel

I can see it happening, Gala won't play him, he has 2 years left on his contract. There is no point in him staying at Gala. He needs to play to get into the Dutch team for the Euros, so you will see the best of him. He loves the Fulham faithful.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 12, 2020, 02:35:56 PM
I'm not saying we shouldn't shoot for a better attacking player than Ryan, but if Seri's team from last year want him I see no reason not to let them have him and get an attacking player back.    Our attack was bad last season and it looks to currently be just as poor, and we're going to be facing better defenses.

We've seen that, yes..two years ago, Ryan Babel can work with Mitro.

I'm still waiting to see if Cav and Knock can work with Mitro.

Going off last season the answer is no. Better wingers very much needed.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

gang

No, I would either sell Seri for whatever we could get or pay his contract up as a write off.