News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

time for a change in formation? to 3-4-3? heres why it should suit us.

Started by 3-lions, September 13, 2020, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3-lions

cut a long story short.
1st step: get Ream out of the side.

Propose 343 formation
Tete Hector Robinson at the back???

not sure Robinson is the best fit for this. but we should try. need 3 defensive types and Robinson has pace so like Tete could do this and cover the flanks.
2nd step: find a way to create goal scoring chances
we have the players to play 4 in midfield ,
I propose Aina Anguissa Reed Bryan

The 3 front players more likely a narrow 3 of TC Lemina Mitro

With our current players I think this is the best way forward.

absenteeism

Parker has proven to be extremely inflexible with his tactical set up.

Mitro, who I regard as a very good striker, feeds off scraps. Our inferior alternatives, Kamara etc, do even worse in the current set up.

Remember how Gera rotated with Dempsey to feed off of Zamora? They push right up. Time for Josh or Tom to push right on up I feel, almost like 4-4-1-1

filham

After one defeat and against a top team and we are proposing changes to formation.
Come on give tactics and players a chance to settle in the premier league.

Black, White and Fred

How about a 5-3-2?

Areola
Aina, Tete, Hector, Bryan/New LCB, Robinson
       Lemina Zambo Reed
              AK     Mitro
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on September 13, 2020, 06:30:02 PM
How about a 5-3-2?

Areola
       Lemina Zambo Reed
              AK     Mitro
This is exactly the formation and personnel I would use

davew

Quote from: filham on September 13, 2020, 06:26:06 PM
After one defeat and against a top team and we are proposing changes to formation.
Come on give tactics and players a chance to settle in the premier league.
The initial team selection was poor for whatever reason, we need more new blood to fill the places that should have filled by now anyway, NO MORE FULL BACKS OR GOALKEEPERS!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Sting of the North

Never understand why anyone would want to put attack minded fullbacks like Bryan or Robinson in a back 3 where they will essentially play as center backs. Also, the OP put Onomah and TC in a forward 3, making sure that we have whole bunch of players out of position.

With all respect, I believe the proposed formation with those players would make us a much worse team. Really not fond of square pegs in round holes.

rebel

Quote from: 3-lions on September 13, 2020, 06:10:03 PM
cut a long story short.

Propose 343 formation

not sure Robinson is the best fit for this. but we should try. need 3 defensive types and Robinson has pace so like Tete could do this and cover the flanks.

A bit extreme, but at least it's thinking outside of the box. I hope Parker is on your wave length.
Some jokers on Twitter are saying 'that they should just relegate us and WBA now'.

3-lions

TC and Onomah are not in a front three. they would be in AM role.
I  a 3-4-3 the Wide midfielders in this case Aina and Bryan provide the width.
As for Robinson. I did say its not ideal, but worth trying due to other options not being favourable. Look how Chelsea played 3-4-3 for examples.

Sting of the North

I'm sure there are similar 'jokers' on twitter every season thinking that they know how the season will end after a handful of performances, and quite often they are wrong is my guess since they seem unable to see a picture wider than the latest set of results. But some people never learn I guess.

Sting of the North

Quote from: 3-lions on September 13, 2020, 07:21:14 PM
As for Robinson. I did say its not ideal, but worth trying due to other options not being favourable. Look how Chelsea played 3-4-3 for examples.

Fair enough, thanks for clarifying.

rebel

Quote from: 3-lions on September 13, 2020, 07:21:14 PM

Chelsea has arguable done the best transfer business to date, proper contenders this year.

Bronaldinho

I actually think we could play something similar but use Robinson/Bryan/Aina and Tete in the same side.

Aina and Bryan have experience of playing LW/RW

So against top sides we could go with:

Rodak/Areola

Odoi   Hector   Ream
Tete       Zambo Cairney       Robinson

Aina  Mitrovic Bryan

Would give us a better shape when defending, and pace of the counter.

@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Deeping_white

If we're going to play 3 centre halves then I wouldn't use both Tete and Robinson because you need three actual centre halves, although because of how he's renowned for being defensive minded, I would be tempted to try Tete as the right sided CB. I would go with a 3-5-2 instead, or 5-3-2 depending on how you look at it because I think it solves the issue of not having particularly effective wingers in one fell swoop, and also plays to the strengths of having better CM's and then just needs us to get in a Josh King type to play up top with Mitro. I'm not calling for changing the system after one PL game but I'm thinking more of how we could get the best out of our team and remain solid at the back whilst being able to transition to attack more easily, which with wing backs you should be able to commit one forward whilst always having numbers to cover.

My logic for a 3-5-2 is that Bryan and Robinson down the left are the marauding type, and Aina down the right has played in a similar system quite effectively for Torino. Put Reed as the anchor with Anguissa and Lemina/TC in front of Reed and then two strikers up top, Mitro a focal point with a pacy striker playing off him. Would end up looking sort of like this:

Areola
          Tete   Hector/New CB   New CB
Aina                                                Bryan/Robinson
                             Reed
                  Zambo        Tc/Lemina

Mitro       AK/New striker

ByTheRiver

Quote from: 3-lions on September 13, 2020, 06:10:03 PM
cut a long story short.

Propose 343 formation

So just to be clear (I feel I may have misread), you want to shore up the defence by dropping a defender and playing three at the back, but with two full backs playing at CB?

WestSussexWhite

I do feel Tete can play RCB in a 5 though. Aina RWB, Tete at RCB, Hector and Ream/Odoi centre half and then Bryan/Robinson LWB. Then use Reed, Lemina, Anguissa, Cairney and onomah (2/3 of in centre midfield. Mitro and Ak up top, or Mitro and 2 wingers.

I feel we could play 5-3-2, as Lemina and Anguissa are both ball carriers Box to Box midfielders which may give us some attacking impetus, and when we attack it leaves 3 CB's and Reed sitting

Bassey the warrior

I think 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1 Should be our main tactics.

We would need to have two new cb's to play 3 at the back though so I think that is unlikely.

3-lions

Just for arguments sake isn't Walker of Man City a Full back playing as RCB?
isn't Chelseas Captain, with the name no one can pronounce or spell without checking also doing the same?

So with some coaching why can Robinson not do this?

Hatch007

Quote from: Black, White and Fred on September 13, 2020, 06:30:02 PM
How about a 5-3-2?

Areola
       Lemina Zambo Reed
              AK     Mitro

What's Rodak done wrong to warrant being dropped after one game? A tad harsh to say the least!

Other than that I have to say I quite like the look of your line up with a new CB rather than Bryan. I think we could afford to select a more attacking line-up/formation for must-win home matches against sides in the bottom half of the table