watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Please, let’s not implode.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 13, 2020, 02:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Let's stand strong, together. The amount of doomsday talk after game one against a Champions League level side, on our return to the PL after only five weeks break, against a team that also won the FA Cup and more recently the Community Shield, is rather astonishing. Southampton, West Ham, Leeds also all lost, and more will follow as the first fixtures of the season get under way.  We need improvements, and we need to be up for a hard long season, but we can survive this - and I think we will!
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

hongkongfulham

+1111111

With you all the way mate. Teams that stay up tend to win 9 or so games so we need to get our heads around that. Every person at the club has the internet and we need to send our support. We are not fair weather fans, and whilst criticism can be valid, we cannot waiver in our support.

Radiowhite

absenteeism

Tony Khan has purged a key member from the Trust board

Plodder

We are not unreasonably one of the favourites (probably co-favourite with WBA) to be relegated, particularly given the truncated time to prepare for the Premier League, but that was the case before the kick-off, not based on yesterday's result.  In one sense, I don't think the fixture list has been kind to us. We badly need to rack up a decent return from the first 9-10 games, which by Premier League standards are (relatively) less demanding in terms of the opposition, but our new signings will take most of those to get up to Premier League speed and to slot into the team. A fully fit Mitrovic will be crucial for those games too. I do think we have a chance of confounding the experts and others, almost all of whom have already written us off, but everything will have to come into place pretty quickly to give us a decent chance of staying up.

Wingnut

Agree. I'm sticking with SP and the team, no matter what. Leeds lost yesterday and West Brom are losing 0-3 at home to Leicester. We need 9-11 wins to guarantee safety and you wouldn't select Arsenal at home as a candidate for one of those wins. We've two strong candidates for wins coming up next in Leeds (A) and Villa (H). We do need a PL quality CB asap though.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Penfold

Quote from: absenteeism on September 13, 2020, 03:28:39 PM

I presume that you are referring to Gerry?

I understand he's left the trust board and he is critical of TK.

Can you elaborate on how TK has had the influence to remove him? If the club are able to apply pressure to remove Trust board members, I will not rejoin. We want an independent voice, not sycophants.

absenteeism

Quote from: Penfold on September 13, 2020, 04:10:37 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on September 13, 2020, 03:28:39 PM

I presume that you are referring to Gerry?

I understand he's left the trust board and he is critical of TK.

Can you elaborate on how TK has had the influence to remove him? If the club are able to apply pressure to remove Trust board members, I will not rejoin. We want an independent voice, not sycophants.
check out twitter. AP confirms as much

absenteeism

Phil Magnus
@phil_magnus
·
1h
Replying to
@aid01

@FulhamSuppTrust
and
@gerrypimm
Club asked Trust to push Gerry out for asking normal questions which our sensitive DOF not too happy with?
Aidan Pimm
@aid01
·
1h
Yep, the spoilt brat is at it again

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: OhConnah on September 13, 2020, 02:25:27 PM
Let's stand strong, together. The amount of doomsday talk after game one against a Champions League level side, on our return to the PL after only five weeks break, against a team that also won the FA Cup and more recently the Community Shield, is rather astonishing. Southampton, West Ham, Leeds also all lost, and more will follow as the first fixtures of the season get under way.  We need improvements, and we need to be up for a hard long season, but we can survive this - and I think we will!

I concur. Too many big babies in the fandom. Enjoy the process and relegation struggle I say. More love less hate. Appreciate FFC to its fullest.

ALG01

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on September 13, 2020, 04:52:07 PM

I concur. Too many big babies in the fandom. Enjoy the process and relegation struggle I say. More love less hate. Appreciate FFC to its fullest.

I don't think this is a fair analysis of people that are concened.

it is clear to most of us where we needed to impriove the squad and we have not yet done that and the delay is very unhelpful if we are to survive. we cannot wait to sign a centre half again the day after the deadline expires... and as far as forwards are concened traore of lyon and king of bournemouth are available now would be brilliant additions and we need them now.

Unfortunately TK is a part time amateur and we need a professional that knows how to get deals done. This is not meant as an insult to the young man that is clearly commited but a statement of fact.

RaySmith

Quote from: ALG01 on September 13, 2020, 04:58:00 PM

it is clear to most of us where we needed to impriove the squad and we have not yet done that and the delay is very unhelpful if we are to survive. we cannot wait to sign a centre half again the day after the deadline expires... and as far as forwards are concened traore of lyon and king of bournemouth are available now would be brilliant additions and we need them now.

Unfortunately TK is a part time amateur and we need a professional that knows how to get deals done. This is not meant as an insult to the young man that is clearly commited but a statement of fact.

I think your statement about TK is patronising and  untrue.
Plus, he is only the  head of a team and process  concerned with acquiring players anyway.
I'm sure there is a lot of experience and business  and football nous amongst everyone involved, but you  can't force anyone to come to Fulham.

Fulham 442

It is all very well saying lets all stand strong together.  Yes we are all Fulham supporters and want the best for our team but we are not on the pitch.  We all know what we need to improve the squad.  The deals should have been done before now.  I know we have only played one game but we have a few "winnable" games coming up where we have to pick up points.  We need the players in to help us achieve this asap.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: absenteeism on September 13, 2020, 04:25:49 PM

Phil Magnus
@phil_magnus
·
1h
Replying to
@aid01

@FulhamSuppTrust
and
@gerrypimm
Club asked Trust to push Gerry out for asking normal questions which our sensitive DOF not too happy with?
Aidan Pimm
@aid01
·
1h

Nepotism at its ugliest
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

AnOldBrownie

Agreed.   But I'm done requesting people with negative agendas against the squad, manager or owners son to change their opinion...or be less angry.   There is not point.

It's a sports forum.   There will be opinions/post that rub you the wrong way.   That make you think..."did we just watch the same game?"

Ignore poster is your friend.   Then you can selectively choose to read the post in topics you're interested in.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 13, 2020, 05:37:56 PM

Agreed.   But I'm done requesting people with negative agendas against the squad, manager or owners son to change their opinion...or be less angry.   There is not point.

It's a sports forum.   There will be opinions/post that rub you the wrong way.   That make you think..."did we just watch the same game?"

Ignore poster is your friend.   Then you can selectively choose to read the post in topics you're interested in.

Thank you for the advice, I may eventually do that, but I like to keep my finger on the pulse of the forum holistically - even if that means reading others' absurdly negative criticisms.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Twig

Phil Magnus
@phil_magnus
·
1h
Replying to
@aid01

@FulhamSuppTrust
and
@gerrypimm
Aidan Pimm
@aid01
·
1h

Who is Phil Magnus please? To the uninitiated, is he reliable or ITK? Genuinely no idea.

absenteeism

Quote from: Twig on September 13, 2020, 07:39:50 PM

Phil Magnus
@phil_magnus
·
1h
Replying to
@aid01

@FulhamSuppTrust
and
@gerrypimm
Aidan Pimm
@aid01
·
1h

Who is Phil Magnus please? To the uninitiated, is he reliable or ITK? Genuinely no idea.
no idea. He asked the brother of the guy removed from the boadd

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: ALG01 on September 13, 2020, 04:58:00 PM

Using your football and FFC knowledge, name all the "Premier League level" centre backs that want to come and play for Fulham.