watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tony Khan and The Fulham Supporters Trust

Started by absenteeism, September 14, 2020, 09:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

absenteeism

Felt like this warranted it's own thread.

Tony has forced the Trust to remove the secretary of 4 years.

He instructed the Fulham board not to meet with the Trust until the secretary was removed.

Shameful stuff

fulhamben

I've heard it was over the types of questions he was asking. So it would be good if fst could clear this up and even tell us the question that were asked so that we could see if it was justifiable or not
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

General

Can you explain what this means in real terms?

ByTheRiver

Quote from: General on September 14, 2020, 09:38:59 AM
Can you explain what this means in real terms?

That Tony Khan doesn't like to be questioned or held accountable. He wants to stage manage the questions asked to fit with the narrative/spin that he wants fans to believe.

Not a good sign at all. Worse than the meek performance on Saturday looking longer term.

Dr Quinzel

A very shameful outcome that does not reflect well on the club in any way, unfortunately.

Statto

I want to like TK but he does make it hard.

Does anyone know the exact circumstances? Did TK specifically insist that GP stands down, or was it just that their personalities were clashing and GP decided to take one for the team?

Penfold

If this is the reason Gerry has left the board it is shameful. I would rather the trust not meet with the club.

I know TK has his admirers on here, but he doesn't come across anywhere near as well as his father.

SuffolkWhite

I think before I could pass judgement or criticism  I would want to know the full story of what's gone on.

This board can be very negative of TK or SP or any player very easily on here and therefore more facts about all situations at the Club need to be known first.

I do remind myself we don't have Clay or Bulstrode!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

toshes mate

Regardless of circumstances one can infer from this the relationship which has always existed between FST and FFC even if not in explicit terms.  To gain an audience with a private company such as FFC is as difficult as a trade association wishing to send a delegation to the owners of a workplace, and is just as unlikely to happen if there is any feeling of mistrust of either side.  FST have survived the test for quite a while and will not wish to provoke animosity if it can be avoided.

Sting of the North

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 14, 2020, 10:08:08 AM
I think before I could pass judgement or criticism  I would want to know the full story of what's gone on.

This board can be very negative of TK or SP or any player very easily on here and therefore more facts about all situations at the Club need to be known first.

Agreed. I don't see how anyone can judge this situation based on the extremely scarce information presented in this thread (not that it stops some of the usual suspects). If there is more information available it might be a good idea to present that information.

Penfold

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 14, 2020, 10:18:58 AM

Agreed. I don't see how anyone can judge this situation based on the extremely scarce information presented in this thread (not that it stops some of the usual suspects). If there is more information available it might be a good idea to present that information.

I have emailed the trust.

MikeTheCubed

Could be a coincidence for all I know but it wouldn't be the first person with that surname Tony has had a disagreement with...

ByTheRiver

Not sure if I qualify as one of said 'usual suspects', but if so that is disappointing. The bones of the story are all out there in the public domain. No least on Gerry's personal Twitter. The fear is now one of the 'made up stories' that will inevitably follow.

And, no doubt, will be eaten up and taken as gospel by the opposite 'usual suspects' on the board...

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Penfold on September 14, 2020, 10:20:37 AM

I imagine they will want to draw a line under it otherwise what will have been the point of Gerry stepping down to reopen the lines of communication? If they go around fanning the fire, they will be back at square one. Think about it.

absenteeism

Gerry Pimm

Time to say a few words about my departure from
@FulhamSuppTrus Board. Really important to say no fall out, my decision.  I joined c. 4 years ago and I've always strived to represent our fans, that had to come first.. #ffc

We've hugely improved all aspects of FST and frankly the club could learn from how we do governance which as the FST Board know is a big bugbear of mine with the Club. But they (ffc) don't care, which I guess is their prerogative!  (2/6)

However,  we should care.

Truth is the current Head of Wrestling instructed the Board not to speak to FST as long as I - a critic - was on the Board. Infact he tried to demand FST remove me from being a member.  Daddy's money can't buy you that.  Alas, the ffc Board have to do what he says. (3/6)

In the best interests of the members, I had to stand down as Club not meeting the Trust isn't ideal and hopefully they'll keep finding solutions (4/6)

Tho frankly when a Club official is dictating on reps then the FST independence and democracy is at risk. 

Which is really why we should support @tomjgreatrex and his team.

The more members the FST have the more powerful we are as fans.

And guess what,we should matter

Thanks for all the messages - was really good representing you. (6/6)

𝕃𝔹ℕ𝕠𝟙𝟙𝔽𝔽ℂ
@LBNo11FFC
·
12h
disgusted by this, sorry you feel it necessary to resign for the sake of the trust, although I understand your reasoning, it shows a distinct lack of class and maturity from Mr Khan junior...

Dougie

TK has always struck me as self-conscious and insecure but that's his own battle and it can't be easy living in your father's shadow and trying to run an English football club as an inexperience American and dealing with the justifiable scepticism that is flung your way (especially on Twitter).

But if he is trying to interfere with the independence of the FST over being criticised that is worthy of condemnation. I'm reminded of his appearance on the Fulhamish podcast last August or whenever, and how stage-managed that seemed, without any tough questions or criticism levelled his way that countless thousands of Fulham fans might have been feeling and wanting to level at him at the time.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Dougie on September 14, 2020, 10:44:16 AM
I'm reminded of his appearance on the Fulhamish podcast last August or whenever, and how stage-managed that seemed

Bingo.

Sting of the North

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 14, 2020, 10:37:31 AM

Not sure if I qualify as one of said 'usual suspects', but if so that is disappointing. The bones of the story are all out there in the public domain. No least on Gerry's personal Twitter. The fear is now one of the 'made up stories' that will inevitably follow.

And, no doubt, will be eaten up and taken as gospel by the opposite 'usual suspects' on the board...

The 'usual suspects' wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but more so to the fact that regardless of lack of information there will be members of this forum assuming the worst and acting on it. Didn't mean to insult anyone, but rather to point to the fact that opening a thread such as this but give almost no background info is bound to create a storm. That may be justified, but it would be way better to then present that information to start with. Luckily at least some more information has subsequently been presented, although it is clearly from just one point of view. Hopefully that can be backed up at least so that some more clarity (or less lack of the same at least) can be had.

Penfold

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 14, 2020, 10:39:05 AM
Quote from: Penfold on September 14, 2020, 10:20:37 AM

I imagine they will want to draw a line under it otherwise what will have been the point of Gerry stepping down to reopen the lines of communication? If they go around fanning the fire, they will be back at square one. Think about it.

I think you are right there, unfortunately.

Holders

This is hugely disappointing to read and smacks of the kind of politics that's going on at the moment in his country and ours. It's not proper democracy at all to specify whom other organisations should have representing them.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria