Tony Khan and The Fulham Supporters Trust

Started by absenteeism, September 14, 2020, 09:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 14, 2020, 10:55:25 AM
Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 14, 2020, 10:37:31 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 14, 2020, 10:18:58 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 14, 2020, 10:08:08 AM
I think before I could pass judgement or criticism  I would want to know the full story of what's gone on.

This board can be very negative of TK or SP or any player very easily on here and therefore more facts about all situations at the Club need to be known first.

I do remind myself we don't have Clay or Bulstrode!

Agreed. I don't see how anyone can judge this situation based on the extremely scarce information presented in this thread (not that it stops some of the usual suspects). If there is more information available it might be a good idea to present that information.

Not sure if I qualify as one of said 'usual suspects', but if so that is disappointing. The bones of the story are all out there in the public domain. No least on Gerry's personal Twitter. The fear is now one of the 'made up stories' that will inevitably follow.

And, no doubt, will be eaten up and taken as gospel by the opposite 'usual suspects' on the board...

The 'usual suspects' wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, but more so to the fact that regardless of lack of information there will be members of this forum assuming the worst and acting on it. Didn't mean to insult anyone, but rather to point to the fact that opening a thread such as this but give almost no background info is bound to create a storm. That may be justified, but it would be way better to then present that information to start with. Luckily at least some more information has subsequently been presented, although it is clearly from just one point of view. Hopefully that can be backed up at least so that some more clarity (or less lack of the same at least) can be had.

To some extent I agree but I have seen this situation play out over a period of time but have chosen not to start a thread over it as, in reality (and unfortunately), it reflects better on our club (and we have more pressing matters on the field over the next few weeks) to bury it. I didn't want to copy and paste Gerry's tweets (nor provide any further info) as it's not really my place or my fight. What it is though, is incredibly disappointing. It is also pettiness on a childlike level which, if you need a recent separate example that this is possible from said individual, see public replies to a journalist that also dares to question The Great One.

S.F.Sorrow

Did someone hurt TKs ego again?  :dft004:

cmg

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 14, 2020, 11:01:43 AM
It is also pettiness on a childlike level which, if you need a recent separate example that this is possible from said individual, see public replies to a journalist that also dares to question The Great One.

Wayne Gretzky?

HamsterWheel

Doesn't seem very Secretary-like to call TK "Head of Wrestling". Clearly a spat that had to end and has done.

Penfold

Quote from: HamsterWheel on September 14, 2020, 12:09:36 PM
Doesn't seem very Secretary-like to call TK "Head of Wrestling". Clearly a spat that had to end and has done.

Maybe a remark in anger?

TK must be aware that the committee were voted onto the trust board by members. The fact that he doesn't like one of them due to the individual being critical of him should not affect the club meeting with the trust. It's not as if TK actually attends these meetings.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Penfold on September 14, 2020, 12:16:55 PM

Maybe a remark in anger?

TK must be aware that the committee were voted onto the trust board by members. The fact that he doesn't like one of them due to the individual being critical of him should not affect the club meeting with the trust. It's not as if TK actually attends these meetings.

But again, it would be interesting to know what has actually been said/asked/written to initiate this supposed mess to begin with. Maybe this was a remark in anger, but it doesn't improve his point then, but rather detracts from it to use such a childish wording.

Penfold

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 14, 2020, 12:35:30 PM
Quote from: Penfold on September 14, 2020, 12:16:55 PM

Maybe a remark in anger?

But again, it would be interesting to know what has actually been said/asked/written to initiate this supposed mess to begin with. Maybe this was a remark in anger, but it doesn't improve his point then, but rather detracts from it to use such a childish wording.

I would actually agree with you there.

I believe it was Gerry's brother that TK had a social media spat with a couple of seasons back.

I don't know if Gerry actually posts on here but he has posted on TiFF and is a critic of TK.

My general impression is that TK doesn't like criticism (do any of us?) but if you don't like a bit of flak, putting yourself in the position he is (or accepting that position) is probably not the greatest idea as criticism is part of the territory.

We Are Premier League

:plus one:

looks very childish and would not be accepted at professional organisations. I dont think any of us should jump to conclussions without knowing what was said at the meetings.

Dr Quinzel

I think before I could pass judgement or criticism  I would want to know the full story of what's gone on.

This board can be very negative of TK or SP or any player very easily on here and therefore more facts about all situations at the Club need to be known first.

Agreed. I don't see how anyone can judge this situation based on the extremely scarce information presented in this thread (not that it stops some of the usual suspects). If there is more information available it might be a good idea to present that information.

It's not hidden - it's out there on Twitter from those involved themselves.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on September 14, 2020, 02:19:58 PM

It's not hidden - it's out there on Twitter from those involved themselves.

Never stated or even alluded to it being hidden, so not sure why you are responding to me. Whether or not the information is available on twitter doesn't make it any more or less present in this thread.

But for something allegedly being so readily available I find it a bit surprising that no one has taken the time to present even a hint of what has actually started this. Can't see why a thread is started clearly criticising someone but still not willing to share any information on what has actually happened, except for the outcome.

john dempsey

A wrestling match between both children
could sort this out...

absenteeism

Quote from: john dempsey on September 14, 2020, 02:37:49 PM
A wrestling match between both children
could sort this out...
Craig   Kline is that you?

Dr Quinzel

Sting, it's all out there. No one is going to TL;DR for you - you've got a base to start with the necessary @'s on Twitter go from there.

I mentioned you and your message, because you bemoaned 'the usual suspects' and a 'lack of information'; Just because you don't know, it doesn't mean others will not or do not.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on September 14, 2020, 02:50:46 PM
Sting, it's all out there. No one is going to TL;DR for you - you've got a base to start with the necessary @'s on Twitter go from there.

I mentioned you and your message, because you bemoaned 'the usual suspects' and a 'lack of information'; Just because you don't know, it doesn't mean others will not or do not.

Again, whether or not the information may or may not be avaliable elsewhere doesn't change the fact that it is not available here. Just still think it prudent when sharing criticism to also share at least a modicum of background information or at least a link, but if the OP doesn't want to do that it is of course up to him. Also never stated that others don't know, but shared my concern about this being precisely the kind of post that may blow something that may or may not be an actual issue completely out of proportion, which happens a lot (see for example Parkers post match comments).

But thank you for taking the time to not fill me in.

love4ffc

Reveived the following email from the FST this morning. 

FST BOARD CHANGE

As the new season starts, I wanted to let you know that, after four years and a huge amount of work for the Trust behind the scenes, Gerry Pimm is standing down as the Secretary of the FST and from the board.

On behalf of the Trust, I would like to thank Gerry sincerely for his time, commitment and energy representing Fulham fans; he has been an invaluable part of our efforts to reinvigorate the Trust and be an effective voice for supporters.

With best wishes

Tom

Tom Greatrex
Chair, FST
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

simplyfulham

Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 14, 2020, 02:05:06 PM

:plus one:

looks very childish and would not be accepted at professional organisations. I dont think any of us should jump to conclussions without knowing what was said at the meetings.

Also not very DoF like to have twitter spats with journalists and to ignore the FST.

flyingfish

I had no idea that this Mr Pimm fellow was involved with the FST. What i do know is that some time ago i muted him on twitter to prevent his childish and aggressive broken record tweets from popping up in my timeline. Inwonder if he conducts himself like that in person? Always 2 sides to a story.

simplyfulham

Quote from: flyingfish on September 14, 2020, 03:28:11 PM
I had no idea that this Mr Pimm fellow was involved with the FST. What i do know is that some time ago i muted him on twitter to prevent his childish and aggressive broken record tweets from popping up in my timeline. Inwonder if he conducts himself like that in person? Always 2 sides to a story.

I don't want to make too many presumptions all at once on this thread, but I don't think there are many people here clambering to defend Gerry Pimm's conduct.

Whether he's a nice or not a very nice man to deal doesn't really seem like the big issue here. If he and TK want to fall out over whatever, then that's it. But the issue is TK's directive to not allow the Fulham board to meet and communicate with the FST. That's putting his personal relationship/feelings towards one man above Fulham FC's direct relationship to it's fanbase via the FST.

At least that's the takeaway I've got from it. Happy to be corrected.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: simplyfulham on September 14, 2020, 03:44:28 PM

I don't want to make too many presumptions all at once on this thread, but I don't think there are many people here clambering to defend Gerry Pimm's conduct.

Whether he's a nice or not a very nice man to deal doesn't really seem like the big issue here. If he and TK want to fall out over whatever, then that's it. But the issue is TK's directive to not allow the Fulham board to meet and communicate with the FST. That's putting his personal relationship/feelings towards one man above Fulham FC's direct relationship to it's fanbase via the FST.

Pretty much nail on head.

And once you start down that controlling path, you are on very dodgy ground...

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: simplyfulham on September 14, 2020, 03:44:28 PM

Succinct and very fair.