Main Menu

Tony Khan and The Fulham Supporters Trust

Started by absenteeism, September 14, 2020, 09:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Penfold on September 14, 2020, 10:20:37 AM
Quote from: Sting of the North on September 14, 2020, 10:18:58 AM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on September 14, 2020, 10:08:08 AM
I think before I could pass judgement or criticism  I would want to know the full story of what's gone on.

This board can be very negative of TK or SP or any player very easily on here and therefore more facts about all situations at the Club need to be known first.

I do remind myself we don't have Clay or Bulstrode!

Agreed. I don't see how anyone can judge this situation based on the extremely scarce information presented in this thread (not that it stops some of the usual suspects). If there is more information available it might be a good idea to present that information.

I have emailed the trust.
Thank you.

Can we also have a post of some of the questions put forth by Gerry over the 4 year period. I would hope to assume that his resignation isn't due to a one off incident.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

ByTheRiver

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 14, 2020, 04:25:38 PM
I think before I could pass judgement or criticism  I would want to know the full story of what's gone on.

This board can be very negative of TK or SP or any player very easily on here and therefore more facts about all situations at the Club need to be known first.

Agreed. I don't see how anyone can judge this situation based on the extremely scarce information presented in this thread (not that it stops some of the usual suspects). If there is more information available it might be a good idea to present that information.

Thank you.

Can we also have a post of some of the questions put forth by Gerry over the 4 year period. I would hope to assume that his resignation isn't due to a one off incident.

Serious or sarcasm? You have as much chance of a letter from Santa telling you what you need to do in order to be a good boy to recieve a Porsche in your stocking this year. Come on..

With the resignation and the email out to members, the matter is closed. I would be absolutely amazed if they made any further comment and they definitely wouldn't have sent out any kind of itinerary/timeline of questions over four years in any case.

Jim©

I think you get a little flavour of how Gerry was by his tweets:
"Truth is the current Head of Wrestling instructed the Board not to speak to FST as long as I - a critic - was on the Board. Infact he tried to demand FST remove me from being a member.  Daddy's money can't buy you that.  Alas, the ffc Board have to do what he says."

We don't know exactly what went on, but when you're asking for someone's time like Tony Khan, you do have to show some sort of respect to them (like it or not).
I am yet to see any of the other FST board members walking out in unison with Gerry.

Penfold

Quote from: ByTheRiver on September 14, 2020, 04:44:21 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 14, 2020, 04:25:38 PM

Thank you.

Serious or sarcasm? You have as much chance of a letter from Santa telling you what you need to do in order to be a good boy to recieve a Porsche in your stocking this year. Come on..

With the resignation and the email out to members, the matter is closed. I would be absolutely amazed if they made any further comment and they definitely wouldn't have sent out any kind of itinerary/timeline of questions over four years in any case.

Exactly. The approved minutes show questions asked which I would assume that the FST members attending the meeting would have agreed on in advance of meeting.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Jim© on September 14, 2020, 04:50:52 PM
"Truth is the current Head of Wrestling instructed the Board not to speak to FST as long as I - a critic - was on the Board. Infact he tried to demand FST remove me from being a member.  Daddy's money can't buy you that.  Alas, the ffc Board have to do what he says."

We don't know exactly what went on, but when you're asking for someone's time like Tony Khan, you do have to show some sort of respect to them (like it or not).
I am yet to see any of the other FST board members walking out in unison with Gerry.

Firstly, no one has asked for Tony's time. Tony does not attend the meetings, nor is he asked. He is above that. In the same way he should be above getting into scraps with journalists and fans alike on twitter, tweteting when we win but not a single comment when we lose, and using bully boy tactics to withdraw the club from meeting with the FST, a link that went on for so many years before him and will go on for years after him, because he doesn't like some of the things said.

Secondly, I haven't seen anyone here say Gerry is blameless. Keeping it purely to things in the public arena for everyones sake, he has been a very harsh critic on Twitter, for example. He has said things I perhaps wouldn't say or would have worded differently. But Tony is far and above that (or, at least, most of his peers are) and in any case, should not allow personal gripes to spill over into dictator territory where he lays down ultimatums and tarnishes the clubs links with fans.

I'd say I can't beliveve people can defend the actions regardless of what may have caused irritation, but given the state of politics and what people lap up at the moment, I suppose I can.

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Jim© on September 14, 2020, 04:50:52 PM

It's also worth mentioning that the words you reference here are after the event. After he has been forced (and I do mean forced) out of a role he loved, was very good at and well liked by all he worked with (read the email on this thread that was sent out and the tone). If anything, I thought the little digs about head of wrestling and whatnot were quite tame given what has happened.

I said in my last post he said things, or voiced them in a way that I perhaps wouldn't have or would have toned down, however... This catty tweets after the event are very soft compared to what I would have said in a similar situation. Full, both barrels, dirty laundry, leave it all out on the pitch, nukes. So, keep taht in mind too when questioning what he has written in anger and sadness.

Dr Quinzel

ByTheRiver - you said it more succinctly, patiently and better than I could have done. I agree with you on all aspects.

I don't want to dwell on it beyond today because I'm trying to spend more time in a positive frame of mind where I can, but it's shameful from the club and a real difficult situation for the FST. It doesn't bode well, really.

I find myself enjoying the games and such with close friends, but frequent this board/Twitter/other forums of discussing the club and it's running much less, as it just seems to lurch from one case of sighing disappointment to another in recent years.

Hopefully this can be a catalyst for improvement in club/management/fan relations, opposed to the potential real negative it would first appear to be. Live in hope.

Friendsoffulham

Gerry, as you know, has been a regular on FOF'cast recently. He has agreed to answer any questions on the next Pod, albeit sensibly. 

cottage expat

Quote from: simplyfulham on September 14, 2020, 03:44:28 PM
Quote from: flyingfish on September 14, 2020, 03:28:11 PM
I had no idea that this Mr Pimm fellow was involved with the FST. What i do know is that some time ago i muted him on twitter to prevent his childish and aggressive broken record tweets from popping up in my timeline. Inwonder if he conducts himself like that in person? Always 2 sides to a story.

I don't want to make too many presumptions all at once on this thread, but I don't think there are many people here clambering to defend Gerry Pimm's conduct.

Whether he's a nice or not a very nice man to deal doesn't really seem like the big issue here. If he and TK want to fall out over whatever, then that's it. But the issue is TK's directive to not allow the Fulham board to meet and communicate with the FST. That's putting his personal relationship/feelings towards one man above Fulham FC's direct relationship to it's fanbase via the FST.

At least that's the takeaway I've got from it. Happy to be corrected.

Spot on.

absenteeism

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on September 14, 2020, 05:31:59 PM
Gerry, as you know, has been a regular on FOF'cast recently. He has agreed to answer any questions on the next Pod, albeit sensibly.
Fantastic.

Can he give examples of Tony's petulance?

KingofCheese

:plus one:
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Quote from: HamsterWheel on September 14, 2020, 12:09:36 PM
Doesn't seem very Secretary-like to call TK "Head of Wrestling". Clearly a spat that had to end and has done.

:plus one:
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

KingofCheese

Really don't know what some of the fans issue is on here. The facts are we have owners who have invested in the club and not sold our ground under us. We have owners who are developing the ground to make it better and have supported our manager to get us back to the best division in the world and yet from what I see here some of the fans seem to have some sort of sense of entitlement. We are not employees nor shareholders of Fulham FC so our Agency is limited. If there was a huge issue like they have at Newcastle or Charlton then I would of course want action but this all seems childish - what was the criticism that we were giving TC - that we weren't Chelsea?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

toshes mate

TK is not known for his sensitivity towards those who disagree with him and history provides many public examples of his failure to engage appropriately with those who deserve both his time and his consideration. 

The relationship between FST and FFC is based upon a trust that is fundamentally one of mutual coexistence and interest.  I found the epithet used to describe TK amusing, not because it is detrimental to the target but because it actually has a '(wrestling) ring of truth' to it, as the target did appear to take his time and his energy elsewhere even before loackdown etc.  I didn't wonder why because FFC's DoF went AWOL and took all his toys with him because he was being battered by his own conceits.  TK should expect fans to show what they feel about him since getting things out in the open starts the healing process that TK has literally begged for in his public material on past matters of discord.  The problem is TK's ego won't let him do the right and decent and proper thing to start that healing process which is have the differences between supporters and him out in the opn where we can all put in our fourpennyworth of obsrevations good, bad and indifferent, without needing a censor to act as an intermediary.  SK should know that the FST input is vital to Club health and call his son to order. IMO.   

KingofCheese

"start that healing process which is have the differences between supporters and him out in the opn where we can all put in our fourpennyworth of obsrevations good, bad and indifferent,"

Sorry Tosh, you aren't speaking for all supporters. What is your particular grievance then?
Jullie Kaas is mijn Kaas

@jolslover

To be fair Gerry Pimm on twitter is obsessed with Tony Khan, can't go 2 minutes without having a dig at him. Constantly having digs at him so baring that in mind I was surprised he had the role in the first place

Not a personal dig at Gerry btw, not saying he is a bad person etc in fact its probably the opposite. But he definitely has a personal fued with Tony Khan to the point where I don't even follow him on twitter but every now and then see him pop up with some sort of abusive comment towards TK. Think it is something personal to do with Tony Khan telling his son 'to go to hell'
STH H3

Penfold

Quote from: KingofCheese on September 14, 2020, 07:49:01 PM
"start that healing process which is have the differences between supporters and him out in the opn where we can all put in our fourpennyworth of obsrevations good, bad and indifferent,"

Sorry Tosh, you aren't speaking for all supporters. What is your particular grievance then?

I think his grievance is that TK has been accused of telling the trust who they can and can't have on their board if they wish to meet with the club. The board is elected by the members and , therefore, TK has no right to say that those people cannot represent the trust.

You are probably correct in that the club don't have to talk to the trust and, of course, the trust is not representative of all fans. However, at present it is the only organised supporters group.

Are you happy for the club to just do as it wishes and not consult with supporters?

There have been some own goals in recent times (match day pricing on our last season in the Premier League springs to mind).

b+w geezer

It is good that we have an organisation that meets with the club, expresses concerns, raises issues, and also tries to help where it can. Those meetings are held in real life, not on Twitter, which is life reduced to shorthand and at a distance.

It is good that Gerry has publicly agreed that the former should take priority over the latter.

It is depressing that he was forced into choosing between the two, but I doubt the issue has arisen out of the blue or taken Gerry by surprise.

Once aware there was an issue, Gerry might have decided to give TK's twitter feed the wide berth it probably deserves.  If that was too great a sacrifice, then he might have strived to be seen to engage with points of policy only, avoiding any suspicion (whether by onlookers or by a TK known to be thin-skinned) that he was gunning for the person behind it.

As it transpires:
1) TK  has come across badly.
2) Gerry has acted properly in response, including his stress that FST should continue as is.
Responsbilities for reaching this point are the only non-certainty.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Quote from: b+w geezer on September 14, 2020, 08:41:33 PM
It is good that we have an organisation that meets with the club, expresses concerns, raises issues, and also tries to help where it can. Those meetings are held in real life, not on Twitter, which is life reduced to shorthand and at a distance.

It is good that Gerry has publicly agreed that the former should take priority over the latter.

It is depressing that he was forced into choosing between the two, but I doubt the issue has arisen out of the blue or taken Gerry by surprise.

Once aware there was an issue, Gerry might have decided to give TK's twitter feed the wide berth it probably deserves.  If that was too great a sacrifice, then he might have strived to be seen to engage with points of policy only, avoiding any suspicion (whether by onlookers or by a TK known to be thin-skinned) that he was gunning for the person behind it.

As it transpires:
1) TK  has come across badly.
2) Gerry has acted properly in response, including his stress that FST should continue as is.
Responsbilities for reaching this point are the only non-certainty.

This is a thoroughly sensible contribution with which I completely agree.

The Trust has an important role to play. These tensions arise from time-to-time, especially when a football club is challenged, and it is essential that the FST continues to represent supporters. I would suggest they could do with more support - because it doesn't seem straightforward.

americanmike

I'm assuming twitter (DM) is the best way to get in touch with Gerry?