watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Anguissa!

Started by General, September 22, 2020, 12:24:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Late to the party and late at night so perhaps doesn't need it's own post but I've just noticed Anguissa is 24, which I find astounding. I thought he was around 26 when we initially signed him from marseille as he had featured heavily for them in the build up to the Europa League final and due to his stature but we signed him at just 22. Looks like he could easily be 30.

What a player he could become. Should be building a team around him and mitro.

Been blinkered. Definitely shouldn't be selling him regardless.

Andy S

RaySmith

Great work to assist Bobby's goal on Saturday - made it seem easy.

FulhamStu

This was my point when we signed him.  22 years old, in new country, probably could not speak English.  Yes he cost a lot of money but a significant number of our fans just rubbished him from the off, threw more muck at Tony Khan and wanted him out.  I said, he needs time and support but many were just unwilling to give him any time.  I thought he looked a good player and one for the future.  It's not hind-site, it's posted many times way back in the archives.

General

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 22, 2020, 08:36:50 AM
This was my point when we signed him.  22 years old, in new country, probably could not speak English.  Yes he cost a lot of money but a significant number of our fans just rubbished him from the off, threw more muck at Tony Khan and wanted him out.  I said, he needs time and support but many were just unwilling to give him any time.  I thought he looked a good player and one for the future.  It's not hind-site, it's posted many times way back in the archives.

Last season we were up it was a complete and utter shambles. Very few came through with good reputations. Zambo aged 22 must've been in quite a state of shock.

filham

Anguissa looking very good right now, the worry is of course that some club is going to snatch him just before the window closes.

toshes mate

Now who is being unbalanced, FulhamStu.

My opinion upon Anguissa, Seri, MLM, Bryan, Mawson, Chambers, Schurrle, Vietto etc., was that you cannot put a PL team together in that fashion and expect it to work in less than half a season.  TK's crime was that he didn't know that and wouldn't listen to anyone who told him otherwise.  He only had ears for Ranieri who said 'the squad is good enough for the PL' because he had watched every home game as requested ...  the rest is just folklore among fans who couldn't believe their senses and often lashed out at the players rather than the truly guilty party.  They were all TK's serial victims, IMO.

But upon Zambo Anguissa I think his time away last season has done his confidence the world of good and that is a real plus (and, of course, TK's excellent judgement /sarc off).

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on September 22, 2020, 10:34:52 AM

My opinion upon Anguissa, Seri, MLM, Bryan, Mawson, Chambers, Schurrle, Vietto etc., was that you cannot put a PL team together in that fashion and expect it to work in less than half a season.  TK's crime was that he didn't know that and wouldn't listen to anyone who told him otherwise.  He only had ears for Ranieri who said 'the squad is good enough for the PL' because he had watched every home game as requested ...  the rest is just folklore among fans who couldn't believe their senses and often lashed out at the players rather than the truly guilty party.  They were all TK's serial victims, IMO.

But upon Zambo Anguissa I think his time away last season has done his confidence the world of good and that is a real plus (and, of course, TK's excellent judgement /sarc off).
I am certain that the majority of supporters thought they were brilliant signings at the time, I am making an assumption that you didn't, but your comment that TK "wouldn't listen to anyone who told him otherwise" how do you know that, and who are these people that told him otherwise, or is that an assumption on your part, and to say that "the rest is just folklore among fans who could not believe their senses" is in my opinion one more insult implying that only you know best. Look at last season when we had arguably the best front line in the league, Cav, Mitro and Knock, were they bad acquisitions, or just players that did not live up to their reputations. Now I know you will dismiss these comments because whatever TK does you are fixed firmly in your opinion that he is to blame for everything, as you would find it extremely difficult to admit you may be wrong on something, but of course that is just my assumption.
It just becomes more tedious to keep going over and over what happened 3 seasons ago, that's all gone now.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

Quote from: alfie on September 22, 2020, 11:20:25 AM

I am certain that the majority of supporters thought they were brilliant signings at the time, I am making an assumption that you didn't, but your comment that TK "wouldn't listen to anyone who told him otherwise" how do you know that, and who are these people that told him otherwise, or is that an assumption on your part, and to say that "the rest is just folklore among fans who could not believe their senses" is in my opinion one more insult implying that only you know best. Look at last season when we had arguably the best front line in the league, Cav, Mitro and Knock, were they bad acquisitions, or just players that did not live up to their reputations. Now I know you will dismiss these comments because whatever TK does you are fixed firmly in your opinion that he is to blame for everything, as you would find it extremely difficult to admit you may be wrong on something, but of course that is just my assumption.
It just becomes more tedious to keep going over and over what happened 3 seasons ago, that's all gone now.
I am not sure where you get an 'insult' from, or 'only I know best', since I have implied neither, and so I am not sure how to progess this conversation unless you can explain how your thought process got from my opinion to what you think my opinion is. 

Addendum: I include myself as a supporter who couldn't believe his senses if that helps ...

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on September 22, 2020, 11:41:08 AM
Quote from: alfie on September 22, 2020, 11:20:25 AM

I am not sure where you get an 'insult' from, or 'only I know best', since I have implied neither, and so I am not sure how to progess this conversation unless you can explain how your thought process got from my opinion to what you think my opinion is. 

Addendum: I include myself as a supporter who couldn't believe his senses if that helps ...
Ok but what does "the rest is just folklore among fans who could not believe their senses" actually mean, I would like to understand that, Because you seem to be telling me and anyone else that I and we don't believe our own senses.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

toshes mate

@alfie

No, it is that you do not want to believe your own senses because of the utter horror story performing in front of you ...

Dr Quinzel

He's a talent.

I feel that signings such as his when you are in your first season back in the PL are running before you can walk however. Reason being, you are taking a gamble - possibly moreso than a tried and tested player for the league - in a season you need to ensure you stay up and are settled,

But in the long term a few signings like this as you are an established force could reap great rewards. Leicester do it very well as do others.

alfie

Quote from: toshes mate on September 22, 2020, 02:16:29 PM
@alfie

No, it is that you do not want to believe your own senses because of the utter horror story performing in front of you ...

Ok so now you're telling me what I want or not want to do, your arrogance does you no favours.
Ok one thing you are correct on is that this conversation is going no further, I wish you well in your continued support of Fulham.
Story of my life
Sadly she wasn't

FulhamStu

Toshes mate, I was purely taking about many fans reaction to Anguissa and blaming Khan for yet another terrible signing.  Why is that unbalanced ?   As for many of the other signings made, I agree they were poor or very poor and the strategy was wrong and we signed often the wrong type of player.  Some however, like Frank were good signings, especially in investing for the long term.  My point about a balanced argument is to see both sides of a debate, where Tony Khan is included many only see him one way, I think he has done some good things as well as many daft things.   I think that is balanced but I am sure you will correct me.

toshes mate

Quote from: FulhamStu on September 22, 2020, 05:13:47 PM
Toshes mate, I was purely taking about many fans reaction to Anguissa and blaming Khan for yet another terrible signing.  Why is that unbalanced ?   As for many of the other signings made, I agree they were poor or very poor and the strategy was wrong and we signed often the wrong type of player.  Some however, like Frank were good signings, especially in investing for the long term.  My point about a balanced argument is to see both sides of a debate, where Tony Khan is included many only see him one way, I think he has done some good things as well as many daft things.   I think that is balanced but I am sure you will correct me.
I was teasing you and I do apologise for doing so ... and whenever TK is invited to join debates he doesn't often connect.  As for balance FulhamStu I am sure that in your head it is balanced but on paper it can tend to stir people up.  I am a very open person and yet I am apparently guilty of the same imbalance and I have no malice towards TK the individual at all.  I just don't want him to harm FFC and I do believe he does so in ways he is not even aware of.  The other thing I am guilty of is I hate the money in football these days - it is beyond obscene by a distance.