Main Menu

1-0 full time ...my thoughts

Started by jayffc, September 16, 2020, 09:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 16, 2020, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: General on September 16, 2020, 09:27:10 PM
Quote from: Jim© on September 16, 2020, 09:23:49 PM
Thought kebano looked 20 times better than Mitro tonight,,despite his goal. His touch was off, he didn't get close to one of the ten balls whipped across.
Need much more from him, perhaps competition will be good for him too.

He's lacking match fitness - he hasn't played a full game in a while.

Mitro played 180 minutes for Serbia during the international break, which is why he was deemed unable to start for us vs. Arsenal. Which makes it odd to play him today in a low-meaning cup match with a league match three days from now, but that's another story.

Mitro didn't start because he hadn't trained with the team because of the internationals. He wasn't deemed unable for fitness reasons (he has six days to rest before Arsenal). As such his start today makes every sense, since Scott wants him back in the way of playing for Fulham, and there are no fitness problems.

Craven Mad

Agree entirely with your assessment.

Attack is a big concern.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: jayffc on September 16, 2020, 09:57:17 PM
Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on September 16, 2020, 09:51:13 PM
Quote from: jayffc on September 16, 2020, 09:16:27 PM
A little underwhelming in terms of excitement but we controlled the game and dominated without really creating anything to write home about.

Some seem to disagree but I've actually been enthused by Lemina's will to move the ball quickly and forward as much as possible. He holds himself like a player with class, hopefully, with fitness- he backs that up... A bit wayward at times with his passing but his first game of the season, at least he tries some unexpected balls forward and seems able and willing to create from deep. Something we lack is an eye for a splitting pass and I think he may have that in his locker. I suspect there's more to come from him and like the idea of persevering with him and Frank for a bit. We may well start with Reed and Frank in the next game but I wouldn't mind him getting another run out.

Tete seems tidy enough in defence, heard he's more that than he is an attacking full back so that's about all we can ask for, plus a great assist for the goal. Not bad on his debut. In the games when we need more forward momentum perhaps we'll see Aina play.

For someone who cuts inside and shoots so much you'd think Knock were learn how to keep the ball below the crossbar, yet it happens 9.9 times out of 10.

Frank has the class of a top baller about him, let's hope he stays and locks down the DM/CM role.

We definitely need a CB, Odoi, god love his effort, ain't it an accident and game costing misplaced past waiting to happen, I understand hes a good utility player but a new extended deal to him seems way off for me, I guess it's just reward for helping us get promoted but he should be versatile back up we hope not to have to use and nothing more this season. MLM solid enough against Ipswich but again, hasn't proved the answer before.

BDR....still yet to do anything that justifies what we paid for him, a huge waste of funds for me. Shame, he came with a decent reputation.

Thought Robinson was OK, can't explain it but gut instinct was he just felt very championship level to me, put in some balls into decent areas but not anywhere near where our actual players were... At least he tried to get forward, looked a little un match fit so jury is out until he's firing on all cylanders. Didn't have lightening pace, moves reasonably quickly but nothing that will terrify top-level full-backs. I've seen plenty worse debuts and he showed something at least, willing to get forward. Certainly seems Bryans spot to lose though on tonights showing.

In honesty, once we sign a CB I feel like we need an entirely new attack.
CAM and 2 wingers.

Cairney - Far too negative and lacking in intent these days, feels very stale
Knockaert - tries hard, but end product non existant
Kebano-I love him , but he was shocking tonight and is a long, long way from a Prem standard player imo, if we are startin Kebano in the Prem come the end of the window, TK deserves a large aount of stick.
Cav- file under hugely underwhelming so far.
Josh O - Improved towards the end of the last season but the jury is still out on if he can step up.

That's not a threatening looking attack as things stand.

That means we're relying FAR too much on Mitro to do it all on scraps. Yikes.

I genuinely would sell any of Knock, Cav and BDR at this point if an offer came in that allowed us to put it towards improving those positions. None of them have impressed me for any sustained period and think we can do better. Not one for this whole "keep em together for morale" shtick...if they weren't good enough last year together, nothing is suggesting that's changing any time soon.

Be it Cabral, Lookman, King, The Norwich kid etc We simply HAVE to improve going forward or we're going to be doomed. No wonder we've been so focussed on praying for improvements at the back as we look so lacklustre going forward that we are needing to concede so much less to have any hope of winning games in the Prem.

IF we sign Tah or another high level CB. A Back 7 of -

Areola
Tete, Hector, Tah/?? ,Bryan
Anguiss Reed/Lemina

actually feels good enough for me. But god help us going forward with these options outside of Mitro- and even he can go for long periods of stagnation when he's not getting any support.

Over to you Scot Tony and the scouting team. Surely they have to see what we all can at this point

onwards
COYW

Agree with most of this, but I think you're a bit harsh on Kebano. He's the only player we have that can dribble past players. Definitely no worse than Knockert, BDR or Cav.

I love this guy as a character, and he works hard for the club, great fulham man, but considering this was Ipswich, he struggled to be productive (yes as did the others mentioned). Again, comparing him to Knockaert or BDR or Cav is neither here nor there when I feel that all of those are also poor (or certainly have been to this point) thats kind of my point in fairness. If Kebano is the best we have I don't think that bodes well for a season in the Premier League. Do you? Again it pains me to say that because I think he's a great character and works his socks off and has contributed well enough when called upon over the years (especially towards the end of last season) and I hope he suddenly becomes unplayed in the prem, but I just don't really see that happening

I agree. I just constantly see him slated more than those 3, which I disagree with. I think he's the most productive of the four, but none should be starting.

VamosFFC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on September 16, 2020, 09:32:43 PM
Quote from: We Are Premier League on September 16, 2020, 09:26:02 PM
From Arsenal too Leeds, I would only make 2 changes.

Mitro, Anguissa, Robinson and Tete in
Kebano, Onomah, Bryan and Odoi out

That's what I'd change.  If it's about getting our best players on the pitch...overall I rate Anguissa and Robinson over Onomah and Bryan.

Mind...I hope at some point Onomah takes Tom's spot...but right now I think Tom can play well with Anguissa.

I didn't really see anything from Robinson tonight to declare him the starter over Bryan. To me, it's Bryan's spot to lose and from tonights match, Robinson didn't do enough to overtake Bryan as our left back.

However, I do agree that Anguissa needs to start.

jayffc

Quote from: VamosFFC on September 16, 2020, 10:51:44 PM

That's what I'd change.  If it's about getting our best players on the pitch...overall I rate Anguissa and Robinson over Onomah and Bryan.

Mind...I hope at some point Onomah takes Tom's spot...but right now I think Tom can play well with Anguissa.

I didn't really see anything from Robinson tonight to declare him the starter over Bryan. To me, it's Bryan's spot to lose and from tonights match, Robinson didn't do enough to overtake Bryan as our left back.

+1
He didnt do enough to write him off taking the spot at a later date, but wasn't quite enough for me to call to drop Bryan just yet. Seems fair.

And yes Anguissa to start, has at very least a physical presence that we lack. And following a great season in Spain deserves a chance as a starter.

Twig

Quote from: jayffc on September 16, 2020, 10:59:09 PM
Quote from: VamosFFC on September 16, 2020, 10:51:44 PM

+1
He didnt do enough to write him off taking the spot at a later date, but wasn't quite enough for me to call to drop Bryan just yet. Seems fair.

And yes Anguissa to start, has at very least a physical presence that we lack. And following a great season in Spain deserves a chance as a starter.

That's my view right now.

Jim©

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 16, 2020, 10:04:14 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 16, 2020, 09:49:26 PM
Quote from: General on September 16, 2020, 09:27:10 PM
Quote from: Jim© on September 16, 2020, 09:23:49 PM
Thought kebano looked 20 times better than Mitro tonight,,despite his goal. His touch was off, he didn't get close to one of the ten balls whipped across.
Need much more from him, perhaps competition will be good for him too.

He's lacking match fitness - he hasn't played a full game in a while.

Mitro played 180 minutes for Serbia during the international break, which is why he was deemed unable to start for us vs. Arsenal. Which makes it odd to play him today in a low-meaning cup match with a league match three days from now, but that's another story.

Mitro didn't start because he hadn't trained with the team because of the internationals. He wasn't deemed unable for fitness reasons (he has six days to rest before Arsenal). As such his start today makes every sense, since Scott wants him back in the way of playing for Fulham, and there are no fitness problems.

That's what I thought- purely missed Arsenal as he'd only been to two FFC training sessions.
I'm worried about him- he really seems to be missing something in his game. To not even attack about 70-80% of the crosses that came in is inexcusabe.