watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ola Aina. where does he fit in?

Started by 3-lions, September 15, 2020, 10:56:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Aina and Tete will play Right Back and rotate depending on the opponent we are facing, Aina is much more attacking than Tete so expect him to play against the weaker sides. Tete is more solid defensively so expect him against the top 6
I am 90% sure this is what will happen and is our plan. Anyone who thinks Aina or Robinson were signed to play winger is IMO mistaken
STH H3

Deeping_white

Quote from: @jolslover on September 15, 2020, 05:43:29 PM
Aina and Tete will play Right Back and rotate depending on the opponent we are facing, Aina is much more attacking than Tete so expect him to play against the weaker sides. Tete is more solid defensively so expect him against the top 6
I am 90% sure this is what will happen and is our plan. Anyone who thinks Aina or Robinson were signed to play winger is IMO mistaken

Aina can play further forward though, even against the better teams I would play Bryan at LW and Aina at RW because then it means all your wide players can defend. Plus Aina is rapid and played further forward previously so wouldn't be out of place at RW

@jolslover

Quote from: Deeping_white on September 15, 2020, 05:57:55 PM

Aina can play further forward though, even against the better teams I would play Bryan at LW and Aina at RW because then it means all your wide players can defend. Plus Aina is rapid and played further forward previously so wouldn't be out of place at RW

Aina has played LM and RM yes but in a 5 at the back system as a wing back. He has never played RW at a 433 and I would be surprised if the plan was to start him there. 
If we started prem games with 6 defenders on the pitch (Bryan and Aina at LW and RW) I would be dissapointed.
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: @jolslover on September 15, 2020, 06:05:45 PM

Aina has played LM and RM yes but in a 5 at the back system as a wing back. He has never played RW at a 433 and I would be surprised if the plan was to start him there. 
If we started prem games with 6 defenders on the pitch (Bryan and Aina at LW and RW) I would be dissapointed.
we are splitting hairs again. playing  as a wing back, winger or wide in our 433 system are neigh on identical roles.  we do not play a proper 433 like wimledon used to with 3 actual strikers, and our wide players in that role are expected to get up and down the pitch as much as any winger would. which is pretty much what a wing back does, without the added protection behind him. so yes, players who play in one of those positions, should easily be able to slot into one of the other two
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Porthogs FC

Quote from: fulhamben on September 15, 2020, 06:25:31 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on September 15, 2020, 06:05:45 PM

we are splitting hairs again. playing  as a wing back, winger or wide in our 433 system are neigh on identical roles.  we do not play a proper 433 like wimledon used to with 3 actual strikers, and our wide players in that role are expected to get up and down the pitch as much as any winger would. which is pretty much what a wing back does, without the added protection behind him. so yes, players who play in one of those positions, should easily be able to slot into one of the other two

Tete seems so defensive that he could play on the right side of a back 3 in a 3-5-2 (thereby if we pick up a stellar CB it would be him, Hector and new CB), with Aina as the Wing-Back, or on the Right in a 4 man defensive line against top 6 sides. I also like the idea of Bryan/Robinson as LB/LW and Tete/Aina as RB/RW, perhaps that would be the best for defensive solidity, as well as speed on the counterattack. Also, as Winger they might be our best crossers, good for Mitro.

@jolslover

We have played 433 consistently now since Kit Symons. I don't think we are going to change formation no matter how many times people suggest it here
STH H3

The Rational Fan

Tony Khan bought two decent right backs in 2018 (TFM and Christie), neither did as well as expected. Hopefully, by bringing in two right backs results in one being brilliant and the other being decent. If we can integrate a top right back into the team by Christmas, fixing our defense in the winter transfer window will be much easier.

fulhamben

Quote from: The Rational Fan on September 16, 2020, 03:25:03 AM
Tony Khan bought two decent right backs in 2018 (TFM and Christie), neither did as well as expected. Hopefully, by bringing in two right backs results in one being brilliant and the other being decent. If we can integrate a top right back into the team by Christmas, fixing our defense in the winter transfer window will be much easier.
if we havent fixed our defence is this window, then there will be no point trying to do it in the winter window.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

rebel

Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 07:49:12 AM
if we havent fixed our defence is this window, then there will be no point trying to do it in the winter window.

No doubt the 'winter window' will be extended too.

toshes mate

IIRC Christie played the more advanced role for Republic of Ireland but it wasn't especially successful in a poor side.  The key to flank success is making the partnerships work as in combinong Robinson with e.g.Bryan or Odoi, until you have a pairing that works well and supports the rest of the side when attacking or defending.  Parker needs to determine who his pacemaker is to be so that we get tempo and rhythm right.

ByTheRiver

If we can integrate a top right back into the team by Christmas, fixing our defense in the winter transfer window will be much easier.

If CBs are not brought in before this window shuts, we will be well adrift of safety by Christmas and then, much like 18/19, the owners will not want to throw good money after bad (as we'll be all but down realistically) and it will be a couple of cheapo token signings a la Nordveit and Markovic.

It's do or die in the next two weeks, I'm afraid.

filham

Well all should be revealed at about 6-30pm tonight when the team is announced to face Ipswich , I expect Aerola, Lemina, Robinsin, Tete and Aina to be in the starting eleven. Parker needs to know if any of the five new signings are worthy of a place in he team to face Leeds on Saturday.

Bassey the warrior

Having watched Tete, I think he's our starting right back. He looked great at both ends of the pitch.

I'm intrigued to see whether Aina carries the attacking threat to play further forward, I guess we'll wait and see.