watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Defense

Started by Offset, September 15, 2020, 06:39:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Offset

Everybody is complaining about our defense but nobody as said that 10 goals were let in by the promoted teams, so lets give time for the team to settle into the Premiership and for the new players to settle in

Hoppus

Tim Ream will never settle into the Premiership I am afraid.

Offset

One of the new players can play across all the back line so he maybe the short time answer

Jay

I hope your right, fingers crossed.

Whitestone

Three of the back four on Saturday played in the Premier League two years ago. They weren't good enough then so what makes you think they will be this time ?. If we continue with them and a number others who are more suited to the championship we will be relegated. Fortunately we have made some signings. Hopefully there will be more to come.

Offset

Central defenders seem to be in very short supply at this window how much would you pay for one. Burnley are asking 50 million for their CB and I would not be sure he would come to us. PNE want 10 million for their CB and he would be untested in the premiership, are there any other ones that are for sale that we can afford and will come to us

Enfield

Correct spelling would be good

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

filham

Agree that we are in need of a top class centre back but look at our post Ckdown results it can be seen that Parker had got the team working well defensively but that scoring goals was the major problem.
Hard to see how our attack is going to bother premier league defenses without the introduction of at least one top rate goalscorer.

Offset

Be careful Enfield might be on your spelling soon, he has nothing better to do  :005: :005:

Offset

Quote from: fulhamben on September 15, 2020, 01:59:50 PM
Quote from: Enfield on September 15, 2020, 01:56:12 PM
Correct spelling would be good
he might be american

No English just have American spell check  :012: :012:

Jamie88

It doesn't matter how many goals other promoted teams conceded - that still doesn't mean we will be alright. All it means is that they too could have problems.

rebel

Quote from: Offset on September 15, 2020, 06:39:45 AM
Everybody is complaining about our defense but nobody as said that 10 goals were let in by the promoted teams, so lets give time for the team to settle into the Premiership and for the new players to settle in

That's not a great argument / comment, our defence wasn't responsible for the goals Leeds or WBA conceded. We conceded three poor goals, they were avoidable. The only good thing is that everyone thinks Arsenal are 'worldbeaters', I love that, they have a 'potent' attack and some good midfielders, but we hardly tested their defence / keeper. 

Stifmeister

Some really quality defender would be very welcome. Of course it is hard to get. Holland/Belgium/Portugal are quality leagues that have cheaper players.

Any case, battle for PL will be tough 💪

Offset

Quote from: Stifmeister on September 16, 2020, 09:39:01 AM
Some really quality defender would be very welcome. Of course it is hard to get. Holland/Belgium/Portugal are quality leagues that have cheaper players.

Any case, battle for PL will be tough 💪

We already have 4 new defenders signed I am just waiting to see how good they are if we can sign another CB that could mean a complete new defence.

It would also give us a taller defence

toshes mate

When I was a goalkeeper at school I remember being got at by a few of my fellow defenders for letting the ball slip over the line on a wet and muddy pitch.  It was clearly my mistake and I apologised.  After the game our coach got us all together and said to us 'Individuals do not concede goals - Teams do'.  Never forgotten it.