watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight's Match

Started by filham, September 16, 2020, 11:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Unusual match tonight that has some unknowns and different priorities attached.

1. One of the priorities will be to give new signings Areola,Lemina, Robinson, Tete and Aina a start in order for Parker to decide if any of the five deserve a place in the team to play Leeds on Saturday.

2. Does Mitro play. A long time since we have seen Mitro on the field for a full 90 minutes and it is important that he is full fit and ready to go on Saturday, that may mean resting him tonight.

3. Do we want to win tonight or are we better off out of this competition. Of course we want to win, a cup run is always attractive and we have a large enough squad to ensure that an extra game here and there will not have a bad affect on league results.

4. What happens if scores are level after 90 minutes, extra time followed by penalty shoot out or a replay.

5. The game starts at 7pm

6.The game can be watched live on the OFFAL for £10.

6. Am i right in thinking that the draw for the next round has already been decided and if we win we meet Wednesday.

fulhamben

straight to penalties if its a draw, and yes Wednesday at home awaits the winner 
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Lighthouse

I don't know how far along in the training some of the new signings are. Do we risk injury in a nothing game. Whatever people think it is a nothing game simply because we have a small squad and are unlikely to get close to winning it, There was a time cups meant something but I am not sure they hold the same excitement they once did.

We don't play Mitro as he has already had Internationals last week, came on as sub against Arsenal. Match fitness isn't likely to be a problem. Unless we are worried about getting over an injury. A few kids and few new signings if fit and ready. The rest the players on the fringes.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

filham

Can't see how anyone can think we have a small squad when right now we have at least two players for each position.

rebel

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 16, 2020, 11:25:34 AM
I don't know how far along in the training some of the new signings are. Do we risk injury in a nothing game. Whatever people think it is a nothing game simply because we have a small squad and are unlikely to get close to winning it, There was a time cups meant something but I am not sure they hold the same excitement they once did.

We don't play Mitro as he has already had Internationals last week, came on as sub against Arsenal. Match fitness isn't likely to be a problem. Unless we are worried about getting over an injury. A few kids and few new signings if fit and ready. The rest the players on the fringes.

Priority is Prem, this is to give game time to the new players and others who need to improve their match fitness, Mitro, Anguissa etc. We should win, but the competition needs a 'revamp'.

filham

So at about 8-50pm tonight we could be watching a Fulham penalty shoot out. Can't remember when we last saw one.

fulhamben

Quote from: filham on September 16, 2020, 11:35:33 AM
So at about 8-50pm tonight we could be watching a Fulham penalty shoot out. Can't remember when we last saw one.
was it when we blew our chance at a semi, against Leicester, we missed all 3

Sting of the North

Quote from: rebel on September 16, 2020, 11:32:06 AM

Priority is Prem, this is to give game time to the new players and others who need to improve their match fitness, Mitro, Anguissa etc. We should win, but the competition needs a 'revamp'.

In what way does it need a 'revamp'? What's your suggestion?

FFC1987

Don't get me wrong, Prem is priority but if we want to be taken seriously as a premier league outfit, we also need a competent cup run. Helps build the image of the club and instil confidence in the team in winning games. If Parkers comment are true ie we'll lose more than we win, we need to maximise our opportunities in winning to build confidence and a winning mentality which can be tough in EPL fixtures consistently.

rebel

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 16, 2020, 11:38:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, Prem is priority but if we want to be taken seriously as a premier league outfit, we also need a competent cup run. Helps build the image of the club and instil confidence in the team in winning games. If Parkers comment are true ie we'll lose more than we win, we need to maximise our opportunities in winning to build confidence and a winning mentality which can be tough in EPL fixtures consistently.

Parker has now corrected himself, you'll need to find his latest press comments. Aside, the only reason to win these games is it takes the pressure off Parker, he can give game time to players not in the first team. 

fulhamfever

Tired of Mitrovic being flaunted on social media adverts by the club #matchday etcetra and he doesn't even play or only makes the bench. Just stop it

rebel

Quote from: Sting of the North on September 16, 2020, 11:37:39 AM
Quote from: rebel on September 16, 2020, 11:32:06 AM

In what way does it need a 'revamp'? What's your suggestion?

Ideally I'd like to see an amalgamation of the FA Cup and League Cup, I'd like to see some teams unable to take part (the ones that have qualified for Europe) also the ones promoted to the Prem that season. I'd like to see prize money for all participants depending on how far they get in the competition. These are just ideas, nothing more. Ready for you guys to pick holes.

Radiowhite

I think we have to win tonight. Losing a game against a league 1 side is embarrassing and really doesn't help with confidence. A comfortable win however can help with moral in the dressing room and provide a little bit of momentum for up coming fixtures. Very important we win

filham

Please don't let the FA Cup be changed , it is so historic and has produced such memorable matches. That 3-4 loss to Newcastle with Tosh's hat trick all those years ago is still my all time favourite Fulham match.

Having said that making the top six premier league teams play all their matches away from home would add excitement.

paulbrookersmazydribbles

Wolves away in the FA Cup in the snow I think.

bog

Quote from: fulhamben on September 16, 2020, 11:37:05 AM
was it when we blew our chance at a semi, against Leicester, we missed all 3

Bracewell took all our forwards off in that game to 'see the game out' so in extra time we didn't have any strikers on the pitch. Grr.  :031:

092.gif

bog

Quote from: Radiowhite on September 16, 2020, 12:48:31 PM
I think we have to win tonight. Losing a game against a league 1 side is embarrassing and really doesn't help with confidence. A comfortable win however can help with moral in the dressing room and provide a little bit of momentum for up coming fixtures. Very important we win

+1. I think that game was 4-5 filham.

Craven Mad

Really hope we get to see the new signings. Excited for this. Good chance to put Saturday behind us.

filham

I am always nervous about new things on line, communication is not good.
I have paid my £10 on line but have had no real acknowledgement so am assuming I just log in to cariboacup.live at about 6-30pm and will with name and password be able to navigate to the match.

Anyone else booked the match yet.