watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector v Arsenal - one-off?

Started by Whitesideup, September 16, 2020, 01:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitesideup

I have been impressed with Hector and think he is a genuine premier league footballer. However he didn't have his best game against Arsenal, poor defending for second goal, should have had second yellow, was too easily beaten on the ground at times. So was this a one-off? I think so and think we will see improved performances in following games. Am I right?

Southdowns White

Looked like he'd had a late night, took him a while to get form back for the return to football post covid break but got better and better with more games.

Lighthouse

Football player has off day shocker.

When you are the best player in the back four and have to cover for other players that is also a problem to your own form. I have no doubt that Hector will make more mistakes in the Prem but he is far and above our best defender so I am sure there are better games to come.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Twig

We don't have time for him to recover from late nights or gradually get better and better. That is totally unprofessional. Hopefully his rank poor performance on the day (certainly below Ream in the pecking order) was the wake up call he needed.

rebel

Guys, it was his Prem debut. I think there was a lot of 'emotion' tied up in his debut. He's been loaned / played for a 'ridiculous' number of clubs, something like 17 clubs.

Ivorwasgod

Quote from: Twig on September 16, 2020, 01:29:43 PM
We don't have time for him to recover from late nights or gradually get better and better. That is totally unprofessional. Hopefully his rank poor performance on the day (certainly below Ream in the pecking order) was the wake up call he needed.

from insta think he's just had a child in previous week

rebel

Quote from: Ivorwasgod on September 16, 2020, 01:32:54 PM

from insta think he's just had a child in previous week

Yep saw that.

bencher

He's not the messiah. He's a CB who at Championship level looks pretty good for the most part, and we'll find out if he can cut it at the next level. There were certainly moments in the first few games post-lockdown where he was below par and was beaten far too easily by a little bit of skill or pace. Like all players moving up to the PL, he'll be looking to improve, and the coaching staff will be looking to help him do that.

Statto

He's not going to look as good at this level as he did in the Championship. However I agree he looked poor on Saturday. He seemed to be smiling a lot which, if you're losing and playing poorly, shows your head is in the wrong place IMO. Can't imagine Murphy or Parker in their playing days having a laugh if they're playing crap and we're 3-0 down at home. Hopefully just a one-off.

rebel

Hopefully he'll have learnt a lot from his debut against Arsenal.

Denzil Dexter

His wife had a kid the week before.  He'd probably hardly had any kip. Lets see how he does against Leeds and their messiah

Radiowhite

Hopefully just nerves and learning to understand the speed of the prem

bog

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 16, 2020, 01:28:20 PM

When you are the best player in the back four and have to cover for other players that is also a problem to your own form. I have no doubt that Hector will make more mistakes in the Prem but he is far and above our best defender so I am sure there are better games to come.

+1 When we were relegated our defence had the worst record of all the teams in Europe's top  divisions. Three of that back for played on Saturday.   :016:

092.gif

We Are Premier League

Think he is as good a defender we can hope for without spending 30m, decent PL quality. Will hopefully look a lot better wirh a new RB and CB beside him.

Is it just me or coudl Rodak come out and take more crosses? He is a tall lad but tends to get suck on his line for a lot of corners etc. Think that coudl cause him to get dropped for Areola...

BarryP

Quote from: bog on September 16, 2020, 01:59:47 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on September 16, 2020, 01:28:20 PM

+1 When we were relegated our defence had the worst record of all the teams in Europe's top  divisions. Three of that back for played on Saturday.   :016:

092.gif

And Hector was the worst defender of the four on the day.  Having said that, this was his first Premier League match and I do believe, or at least hope, his performances will improve. After Baird's first Fulham match I recall thinking he should have been replaced by a traffic cone and he didn't turn out so badly.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

bill taylors apprentice

What a load of old tosh!

Statto

certainly below Ream in the pecking order.

Steady on. Let's not allow our incredibly low expectations of Ream and high expectations of Hector to cloud how woeful Ream is in comparison. If you look at the first goal for example, Hector manages to get more of a challenge on Ream's man (Willian) than Ream did, but then when the ball rolls loose he also almost blocks Lacazette's shot on the line as well, all whilst Ream is still stood like a statue watching people play football around him.

filham

Of course if he had the qualities to be a top premier league centre back he would still be at Chelsea.
Give him time though, wrong to make a judgement on that one game.

WindyCity

Quote from: rebel on September 16, 2020, 01:32:38 PM
Guys, it was his Prem debut. I think there was a lot of 'emotion' tied up in his debut. He's been loaned / played for a 'ridiculous' number of clubs, something like 17 clubs.

Agreed, first game in top flight.  He'll learn from it and improve along the way.  (Hopefully.....fingers crossed)

Lyle from Hangeland

I like him. We'll see how well he does. He was playing for Sheffield Wednesday for a reason. We fans need to allow some our players the time to develop or show what they are about.