watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hector v Arsenal - one-off?

Started by Whitesideup, September 16, 2020, 01:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

A real baptism of fire for him against a forward line valued at what £200m odd?  Hopefully he'll settle down after a few more games & prove to be the asset we all hoped for.

Nero

nk he has a bit of baby brain, same thing happy to TC last year performances droped a bit after his baby. He'll be fine

Jim©

Quote from: Statto on September 16, 2020, 02:55:33 PM
Quote from: Twig on September 16, 2020, 01:29:43 PM
certainly below Ream in the pecking order.

Steady on. Let's not allow our incredibly low expectations of Ream and high expectations of Hector to cloud how woeful Ream is in comparison. If you look at the first goal for example, Hector manages to get more of a challenge on Ream's man (Willian) than Ream did, but then when the ball rolls loose he also almost blocks Lacazette's shot on the line as well, all whilst Ream is still stood like a statue watching people play football around him.

I really think you shouldn't let your personal gripe with Ream cloud your judgement. Hector had a shocker (it happens) and bar one error (not two like Hector) Ream was very decent.

Twig

Quote from: Ivorwasgod on September 16, 2020, 01:32:54 PM
We don't have time for him to recover from late nights or gradually get better and better. That is totally unprofessional. Hopefully his rank poor performance on the day (certainly below Ream in the pecking order) was the wake up call he needed.

from insta think he's just had a child in previous week

In which case I totally understand.

bencher

Quote from: Twig on September 16, 2020, 05:36:17 PM
We don't have time for him to recover from late nights or gradually get better and better. That is totally unprofessional. Hopefully his rank poor performance on the day (certainly below Ream in the pecking order) was the wake up call he needed.

You would have to question the team selection though; it's all well and good excusing a relatively poor performance on having had a baby, but if he wasn't in the right physical or mental condition to play, why was he starting?

On a separate note, have we ever considered trying KMac as a centre back? He has the right size and build, he's definitely capable of playing out from the back; he may lack pace but he has an excellent football brain.

WestSussexWhite

Quote from: bencher on September 16, 2020, 05:44:55 PM

In a back 3 maybe, but wouldn't wanna risk it in the premier league, maybe we could try that tonight?

You would have to question the team selection though; it's all well and good excusing a relatively poor performance on having had a baby, but if he wasn't in the right physical or mental condition to play, why was he starting?

On a separate note, have we ever considered trying KMac as a centre back? He has the right size and build, he's definitely capable of playing out from the back; he may lack pace but he has an excellent football brain.

Nero

Quote from: bencher on September 16, 2020, 05:44:55 PM

who else did we have?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Jim© on September 16, 2020, 05:07:38 PM
Quote from: Statto on September 16, 2020, 02:55:33 PM
certainly below Ream in the pecking order.

Steady on. Let's not allow our incredibly low expectations of Ream and high expectations of Hector to cloud how woeful Ream is in comparison. If you look at the first goal for example, Hector manages to get more of a challenge on Ream's man (Willian) than Ream did, but then when the ball rolls loose he also almost blocks Lacazette's shot on the line as well, all whilst Ream is still stood like a statue watching people play football around him.

I really think you shouldn't let your personal gripe with Ream cloud your judgement. Hector had a shocker (it happens) and bar one error (not two like Hector) Ream was very decent.
Totally agree with Jim.

Statto

Quote from: Whitesideup on September 16, 2020, 01:05:57 PM
I have been impressed with Hector and think he is a genuine premier league footballer. However he didn't have his best game against Arsenal, poor defending for second goal, should have had second yellow, was too easily beaten on the ground at times. So was this a one-off? I think so and think we will see improved performances in following games. Am I right?

You sure about that?

Whitesideup

Quote from: Statto on September 19, 2020, 09:05:37 PM
Quote from: Whitesideup on September 16, 2020, 01:05:57 PM
I have been impressed with Hector and think he is a genuine premier league footballer. However he didn't have his best game against Arsenal, poor defending for second goal, should have had second yellow, was too easily beaten on the ground at times. So was this a one-off? I think so and think we will see improved performances in following games. Am I right?
You sure about that?

No Statto, and it was a question to elicit opinions from others.  I am not totally sure,  and was interested to hear opinions.

Today has given me more cause for concern. But I also think he has time to reflect on performance and improve. I do like to give players the benefit of any doubt.

I have started another topic on Tete. Would be interested to hear your views.